Author Topic: well, gas will be going back up ASAP  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Jim

well, gas will be going back up ASAP
« on: November 09, 2008, 08:25:24 PM »
read

I know, no surprize here...

President-elect Obama plans to use his executive powers to make an immediate impact when he takes office, perhaps reversing Bush administration policies on stem cell research and domestic drilling for oil and natural gas.

My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline SaintLouieWoman

Re: well, gas will be going back up ASAP
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 09:40:18 PM »
I saw that and thought the same. I guess we'd best enjoy our low gas prices while it lasts. We filled up for $1.88 for regular this weekend.

Wonder how the Obama worshippers will feel when those gas prices zoom up again? I'm sure that will help the economy.  :whatever:

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:49:40 PM »
Domestic drilling = my job

There aren't many jobs that pay for 3 months OJT, a Class A CDL and let your earn $65k/year plus benes and 401k just for walking in off the street. If I lose my job I lose everything.

@#$%ing shitbag
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 05:35:48 PM »
Hmmmm...maybe I ought to look into that refinery job in Saudi after all....
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Jim

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »
I saw that and thought the same. I guess we'd best enjoy our low gas prices while it lasts. We filled up for $1.88 for regular this weekend.

Wonder how the Obama worshippers will feel when those gas prices zoom up again? I'm sure that will help the economy.  :whatever:

the only part of $4 gas that the ZEro did not care for was that it got that high a little too fast.  he wants high energy costs, his cap-n-trade will also be sending electricity costs soaring.  add in that he would have preferred home heating oil to be $4 you have to wonder what 53% of the people were thinking ?

I mean really, what the hell were they thinking ?

sad answer... McCain wouldn't pound this shit home and Sarahcuda was not allowed to.
My fellow Americans, there is nothing audacious about hope. Hope is what makes people buy lottery tickets instead of paying the bills. Hope is for the old gals feeding the slots in Atlantic City. It destroys the inner-city kid who quits school because he hopes he'll be a world-famous recording artist.

What's the difference between Sarah Palin and Barack Obama?

One is a well turned-out, good-looking, and let's be honest, pretty sexy piece of eye-candy.

The other kills her own food.

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 01:53:01 AM »
Domestic drilling = my job

There aren't many jobs that pay for 3 months OJT, a Class A CDL and let your earn $65k/year plus Bennie's and 401k just for walking in off the street. If I lose my job I lose everything.

@#$%ing shitbag

Hell, maybe my business will expand exponentially!

I'll have to bail all these "law abidin'" citizens outta jail when they have to steal in order to feed their families!

Lord, that ain't funny! Could be the truth though!
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 05:44:25 AM »
As long as the economy is in the toilet, gas prices will stay low.    This will only come into play when the economy readjusts and moves out of the freefall we are experiencing. 

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 07:09:11 AM »
I had postponed getting my Pilots License until next spring because of the price spike. The cost of fuel is added on after the plane rental and instructor. Now it looks like I still won't be able to afford it, if ever.
Guess I'll have to stick to my guitars.  :-)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 07:11:05 AM by Uhhuh35 »
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline md11hydmec

• plane doc
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 08:02:55 AM »
Well, it'll be fun to watch all the libs scream about the price of gas.  We'll be able to say "wow, we're now like those fashionable Europeans by paying high gas prices.  Maybe they'll let us sit at the big kids table now."  I can afford the price increase, but I won't like it, because itss my money and I like to keep it.  Uhhuh, I was planning on getting my pilots license when my youngest graduated high school also, but that may be put off now.
"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."-----John Galt, Atlas Shrugged