Author Topic: What does it mean to "Support your president?"  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: What does it mean to "Support your president?"
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2008, 05:25:59 AM »
There is a difference between supporting the position of President and the policies of the one who holds that office.

If an attack comes (I say if because I think there is a chance the muzzies will feel they have a friend so no need for one) and he fights back forcefully against a sworn enemy then I will support him in that.
If his actions are to cower or hope to appease then never.

Voters have made their choice and in our system of government that choice no matter what it is needs to be respected.
Hopefully over the next few months many realize that the great hope they voted for is a smarmy fraud.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2008, 05:33:28 AM »
There is a difference between supporting the position of President and the policies of the one who holds that office.

Well said, sir; there is a difference.

If an attack comes (I say if because I think there is a chance the muzzies will feel they have a friend so no need for one) and he fights back forcefully against a sworn enemy then I will support him in that.

Not "if," but "when."

It's coming.

If his actions are to cower or hope to appease then never.

Of course not; it's patriotic to dissent when a politician is wrong.

Voters have made their choice and in our system of government that choice no matter what it is needs to be respected.

It is.

Hopefully over the next few months many realize that the great hope they voted for is a smarmy fraud.

They will.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline apeanut99

• Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2008, 06:16:03 AM »
Well do you support the Tarholes or Dook in the regular season??

Dou find youself pulling for the last ACC in the big dance??

If you say Hell NO you dumb :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: horse to the first question...................and then sheepishly say Yes to the second. That second one is what it means to support the Big Zero................I mean come on, you should be used to supporting an Obamination.................have you seen puppy pack football this year

LOL...  sheepishly saying...  "We're an academic school." ;)

And, yes, I do generally pull for the last ACC team in the big dance.  Hurts like Hell to pull for Duke or Carolina...  but I do it out of respect for the conference.  Good analogy.  Thanks.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2008, 06:35:26 AM »
If Obama wants to:

* reaffirm the 2nd amendment
* outlaw pre-natal homocide
* encourage business growth
* secure peace through superior firepower
* protect free speech
* keep marriage traditional
* grant the means for families to remove children from failing schools rather than reward failure with more money
* tell able-bodied adults to get a job or starve
* appoint orignalist judges
* allow us to abandon the sinking ship known as Social Security

I will be happy to support him. Hell, I might even vote fot him in 2012.

But for each point he misses I will petition the government for the redress of grievances.

And if he tries his vote-fraud, illegal donation, commie terrorist sympathizer bulshit I will demand his political head on a stick on the White House lawn to serve as a warning to all pretenders to the throne.

Ya know, if that was the case, then yeah... I'd support Obama. But that is FAR from his ideals that have been exposed.

The way I see it, **** him. I don't believe he loves his country, has our best interests in mind, our that he will even abide by the Constitution.  :censored:

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Randy

• Resident Grouch with a
  • Odd
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2008, 06:08:45 AM »
Wait

I'm supposed to support the anti-Christ just because it was voted POTUS?

I don't think so Tim.

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »
I have no intention whatsoever of shutting up and falling in line for the sake of "Supporting my President" if what he's trying to do is screw me and piss on my values.  To the extent he stays away from doing that, we'll get along just dandy.

:innocent:

I have no delusions that the Big Zero is going to give us more then enough reasons to not support him. His liberal past isn't going to dissapear after jan. 20th 2009.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"