Author Topic: MLB Playoff Thread  (Read 16297 times)

Offline formerlurker

Re: MLB Playoff Thread
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2008, 04:36:58 PM »
 :rotf:

"Red Sux Nation" embarrassed the hell out of your first place pathetic loser Angels though didn't they?  But...but...it's different this year.     Yeah, you weren't swept.    :lmao:

Like I said, when 60 of your games is played against the chump ass teams in your division then you shouldn't be pounding your chest too loudly on the #1 claim.   Mmmkay? 

Tito really blew game two, and it just went to hell after that.    Oh well.   

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2008, 04:54:31 PM »
Listen up toots, you had a chance to control your destiny had you won the division.  YOU could have been the team to roll over the White Sox and then face what was left of the Angels/Rays series.

So again, fly that Wild Card banner with pride.  Your pitching is suspect, your hitting is getting old, and your management, well, you know all about that already.

And BTW--who gets to play the likes of the Yankees, Orioles, and Blue Jays just as many times?  Who should have been fattening up on a weak division this year?

Fix your own house, darlin.  We've got moves to make this off season.  You'll likely stand pat with that fat payroll and fat players all getting old.  We'll deal K-Rod out for more depth in the middle infield or a legit #4 or #5 starter since Garland and Rivera will likely be dealt as well.  We'll lock up Lackey, Teixeira, and Vlad for the long haul, and keep developing superior farm talent.  We can keep our payroll at $120M or less--can you say the same?  Not freakin likely.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
Yawn.

What was your whine last season?  That's right -- everyone was hurt.   Ring any bells?

We have youth and a farm system stacked with talent, so we will be just fine.   Save for the O's, our division is a far cry better than your pathetic one -- how many finished over .500 again?   riiiight, same thing.   Not.

Your boys choked and choked good.   I don't care who you get for k-rod, you got one hell of a monkey on your back that has claimed squatter's rights.   But you won your division and that should count for something right?   here's a cookie -- now run along.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2008, 06:38:23 PM »
Go ahead and tell me that in a year when Tito and Theo have run the Sox into the ground and you're stuck with a shitload of old, overpaid, underproductive talent--kinda like Papi was this year. 

And Varitek.  Seriously, $10.5M and the ****er can't even stay above the Mendoza Line half the time?

And Timilin?  Really?  Dude needs a walker to get out to the mound.

At least you got all those quality innings out of Schilling this year.  Good $8M investment there.

Hmmmm...and then there's J.D.  109 games, $14 million.  Nice return on that investment.

And let's see about next year...

Lugo?  Really?  I can play just as shitty as he does for a lot less than $9M!
Ortiz?  Let's hope he doesn't miss two months of NEXT year, but given the fact he hasn't had his knee cut yet, it ain't looking good.

You're another year older, not another year better.  You've got no prospects ready to go.  You've peaked, you're over, you're done.  Your grandkids are going to sit on your lap in a couple of decades and ask, "Gramma, would you tell us the story about the time when the Red Sox DIDN'T suck?"

Back to having your hearts ripped out year after year.  It's where you fit best.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2008, 07:48:58 PM »
The scary part about this rant of yours is that you actually live in NE and as such have pretty clear access to Boston sports information via local tv and news media outlets.

Are you serious?    Nah.   You really can't be. 

Pedrioa, Ellsbury, Lowrie, Masterson, Lester  -- Theo the wonderboy has been stacking the farm system with prime talent.  These youngsters more than ready to go.  Pick any sports media source and check out their farm system ranking.  Then tell the class what you see. 

Tek is a good catcher.   Timlin will retire (and should have retired this year).  Lugo played when last?  he will be gone this offseason.  Ortiz is hurt.  I have no issues at all with Schilling collecting a paycheck this year.   

What else you got skippy? 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2008, 08:25:45 PM »
No dearest, I have access to your PROPAGANDA.  Step back and realize the world does not revolve around Fenway Park.

Damn it's so much fun tweaking your nose out of joint with this shit.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2008, 10:15:09 PM »
My nose isn't out of joint -- we beat the Angels remember?  we have a stacked farm system which ranks in the top 5 (#2 in a few outlets).   

It's all good. 

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2008, 10:17:41 PM »
My nose isn't out of joint -- we beat the Angels remember?  we have a stacked farm system which ranks in the top 5 (#2 in a few outlets).   

It's all good. 

Really?  I've got 21 bitchslaps in my time here.  I'd dare say at least (AT LEAST) 15 of them are from you. 

Care to dispute that?  I'd say that's getting under your skin.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »
Really?  I've got 21 bitchslaps in my time here.  I'd dare say at least (AT LEAST) 15 of them are from you. 

Care to dispute that?  I'd say that's getting under your skin.

uh not me Sparky --  :rotf:

Anonymous Red Sox fans among us?    :popcorn:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2008, 10:23:56 PM »
uh not me Sparky --  :rotf:

Anonymous Red Sox fans among us?    :popcorn:

Ya right--Rem Dawg is a Super Secret Squirrel member here. 

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2008, 10:27:55 PM »
Ya right--Rem Dawg is a Super Secret Squirrel member here. 

You are such a sweet nonconfrontational type of guy.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to slap the living shit out of you on a regular basis......

:lmao:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2008, 10:31:11 PM »
You are such a sweet nonconfrontational type of guy.  I can't imagine anyone wanting to slap the living shit out of you on a regular basis......

Yeah, but if you did that you'd have to bury me in a thimble.  And on that note, time to mosey on home to the critters.

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #62 on: October 15, 2008, 10:38:21 PM »
Looks like the Phillies are going to the World Series.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline jendf

« Reply #63 on: October 15, 2008, 10:43:06 PM »
I hope someone can drive WE home. I imagine he is not well right now.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #64 on: October 15, 2008, 11:53:08 PM »
I hope someone can drive WE home. I imagine he is not well right now.

Phillies and TB -- someone better drive MLB home.

This Series will have lower ratings than "Man from Atlantis."
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2008, 12:10:25 AM »
Phillies and TB -- someone better drive MLB home.

This Series will have lower ratings than "Man from Atlantis."

It could be worse--it could have been the Angels/Giants all over again.

Not that it wasn't a great series, but damn--sitting down to watch a ballgame at 10 PM is bullshit, ya know?

Offline lars1701c

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2008, 02:19:27 AM »
A Phills, red sox series would have been good for baseball IMHO.
"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."
~~~ The late Dr. Adrian Rogers , 1931 to 2005

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #67 on: October 17, 2008, 04:55:40 AM »
A Phills, red sox series would have been good for baseball IMHO.

From your lips to God's ears.

Y'all know I went to bed last night and missed the "biggest rally in 79 years".  I am so ashamed of myself for missing it.

Holy crap! 

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #68 on: October 17, 2008, 08:46:28 AM »
From your lips to God's ears.

Y'all know I went to bed last night and missed the "biggest rally in 79 years".  I am so ashamed of myself for missing it.

Holy crap! 

See what happens when the TV gets turned off in our house and Red isn't wearing his lucky hat?!!

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2008, 12:54:36 PM »
See what happens when the TV gets turned off in our house and Red isn't wearing his lucky hat?!!

The Sawks are the only team in America that can be down 3 games to nothing and still have you right where they want you.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »

H5

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2008, 03:24:17 PM »
The Sawks are the only team in America that can be down 3 games to nothing and still have you right where they want you.

:lalala:

Don't jinx them!

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »

:lalala:

Don't jinx them!

Too late.  I'm gonna wear a Sox hat just to screw 'em over.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #73 on: October 17, 2008, 09:21:34 PM »

this thread has sucked from the beginning.  baseball is about hope, and being a microcosm of life.  you should take it in as it arrives.

the chest thumping is crap.   

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #74 on: October 17, 2008, 09:24:45 PM »
I hope modern baseball isn't a microcosm of life.  That would be too depressing to contemplate.

And chest thumping?  Man, you should see the "chest thumping" I see around here.  Would make you want to puke.

ETA: By "here" I mean New England, not the site.  Just to clarify.