Author Topic: MLB Playoff Thread  (Read 16295 times)

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
Re: MLB Playoff Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 10:03:47 AM »
Jesus H. Tapdancin Christ.  One friggin win and you'd think you've got the World Series all wrapped up.

Lighten up, Francis.  You and bully ought to get together--seems you two share the same brain.  Then again, it's the Red Sox Nation, so maybe all of you share a single brain.

A single, teenie, weenie, decayed brain.

I take it your an Angel's fan, huh Spark? Lemme ask ya something then.. what is up with Guerrero's burnt up batting helmet? I know O. Cabrera on my Sox has the same thing, but he was playing for LA last year too. Is it a superstitious thing or what?

Oh well... tonight the Sox go against the Ray's, so I'm gonna be hoping that they win, although I'm not expecting it.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 10:23:56 AM »
Jesus H. Tapdancin Christ.  One friggin win and you'd think you've got the World Series all wrapped up.

Lighten up, Francis.  You and bully ought to get together--seems you two share the same brain.  Then again, it's the Red Sox Nation, so maybe all of you share a single brain.

I take it your an Angel's fan, huh Spark? Lemme ask ya something then.. what is up with Guerrero's burnt up batting helmet? I know O. Cabrera on my Sox has the same thing, but he was playing for LA last year too. Is it a superstitious thing or what?

Oh well... tonight the Sox go against the Ray's, so I'm gonna be hoping that they win, although I'm not expecting it.

It's a big, pine tar patch. It is more of a repetition thing. A "Touch your lid for some more grip every swing" thing.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »
Pretty much--he starts off with a fresh batting helmet every spring and just adds a bit as the season goes on.  Next thing you know, it looks like someone took a blowtorch to it.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »

:rotf:

All that from "That's one"  -- tsk, tsk Sparky, the nastiness is just a tad bit over the top this morning isn't it?   [/snicker]  

You know that your team was outcoached by Tito of all people,  that alone is enough for you to want to put a bullet in your head.    No pinch runner for Guerrero?   Shields pitching to Ortiz?    Seriously?  

The Red Sox did what they needed to do in L.A. (by the way I love the fair weather fans in the land of la-la running for the door when moron Guerrero tried to take third and blew the game for y'all).    The monkey is jumping hard on your boys' back right now.   The pressure is max.  

No worries on my end.   You keep trying to sell the "one friggin win" song.   It really makes this all the more enjoyable.  

:popcorn:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 10:42:15 AM »
Oh and I will just sit here and patiently wait for those things to get "different."

:afro:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 11:40:20 AM »
And I'll be here as well.  I don't run and hide when things don't go well.

What do I look like, A DEMOCRAT???
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »
Brett Myers surrendered two runs on two hits in seven innings Thursday night in Game 2 of the National League Division Series.

But, years from now, when folks discuss Myers' first career playoff start, they'll remember his at-bats.

With two outs, a runner on third base and the score tied 1-1 in the second inning, Myers fouled off three typically nasty CC Sabathia fastballs and worked a nine-pitch walk, sending the largest crowd in the five-year history of Citizens Bank Park into a frenzy. After Jimmy Rollins walked on four pitches, Shane Victorino drove a two-strike cutter into the left field seats for a 5-1 lead.

http://sports.yahoo.com/m...ange&type=team_report

We don't need no stinkin' DH.   :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2008, 06:32:50 AM »
That's two.   

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2008, 07:06:06 AM »
We were promised an Angels-Cubs World Series.  What's going on???  :o

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2008, 08:28:04 AM »
We were promised an Angels-Cubs World Series.  What's going on???  :o

No commentary from ESPN at all on K-rocked's continued struggles in the postseason.   You would never know he blew the game last night.   They concentrated instead on Paps "blown save."

Mr. regular season save king sucks in the playoffs, but you would never know if from watching ESPN.    But...but...what about that "east coast bias".......  uh-huh. 

Two down.   Hopefully Beckett is back to form.  If not they have to face Lester at home.

Jason Bay's postseason stats are better than Manny's.   You know it's all good right?   :cheersmate:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2008, 08:32:58 AM »
They're about to rip my ****ing heart out--AGAIN.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2008, 09:05:59 AM »
They're about to rip my ******* heart out--AGAIN.

I honest to God thought they were going to pull off the win last night.    If you had a different closer you would have.

Believe me when I say that I know the feeling of getting your heart ripped to shreds.    I can't believe that no one called me on it when I pointed fingers at other teams who have records of choking in the playoffs.   You all know that the Red Sox are at the top of that list right?

We take this series we win the WS.   It is that simple.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2008, 09:23:05 AM »
I was pretty sure that whoever won this series takes the WS.  I still feel that way.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2008, 12:35:00 PM »
They're about to rip my ****ing heart out--AGAIN.

They're part Aztec . . . 

(Edited to provide the small visual)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 06:07:25 AM by BlueStateSaint »
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2008, 05:18:41 AM »
Looks like the Cubbies are looking at another century without a WS win. At least they kept the game close last night, unlike the prior two games.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2008, 06:51:19 AM »
Looks like you and I are in the same boat...just remember...

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2008, 10:06:24 AM »
Looks like you and I are in the same boat...just remember...

We'll see what happens this afternoon. Hopefully Danks does a lot better than Burehle or Vasquez.

Offline CharlesD

• Just Off Probation
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
Why is he smiling?

"To those who cite the First Amendment as reason for excluding God from more and more of our institutions and everyday life, may I just say: The First Amendment of the Constitution was not written to protect the people of this country from religious values; it was written to protect religious values from government tyranny."
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a Nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

http://www.demaristransportation.com

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2008, 07:36:44 PM »
I can hear a man wailing from NH -- OMG Sparky, that had to of hurt like a sonofabitch.   

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »
Why is he smiling?

I oughta put a Dodgers' cap on him, print it out, and take it to work tomorrow.  :lmao:

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2008, 05:51:25 AM »
Angels squeak one out in a very poorly played game for both teams.   I had no idea where the strike zone was as it was forever changing.   

Becket's speed isn't back yet, but he worked through some rust.    The second Tito put Lopez in I knew the game was over.   

Lester is up next.  At home.   

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2008, 06:45:41 AM »
I can hear a man wailing from NH -- OMG Sparky, that had to of hurt like a sonofabitch.   

It did.  I'm still pissed about that, even though we won.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2008, 05:42:20 AM »
You know what I can't understand -- pretty much everyone in Boston knew that Angels were taking the lead and the series was heading back to L.A.   It was pretty much a certainty.  

Then the Angels try a suicide squeeze.   In Boston.  Are you kidding me right now?    

Tito was out-coached the second he took Lester out of the game (why in the hell he did that I have no idea).  He continued to demonstate his inability to manage a bullpen, and bam -- the Angels give him a gift tied with ribbons.  

Stupid.  Stupid.  Stupid.  

Hey Sparky, at least you didn't get swept....

Next stop -- Florida.  

:cheersmate:

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2008, 06:22:11 AM »
Jed Lowrie does gay pron.

Offline NHSparky

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2008, 03:13:47 PM »
Like I said, Red Sux Nation--fly that 2008 Wild Card banner with pride.