Author Topic: Red October's Official "I Hate the Cowboys" Thread  (Read 15476 times)

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Red October's Official "I Hate the Cowboys" Thread
« on: September 16, 2008, 06:55:57 AM »
I HATE THEM!!!!

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
Re: Red October's Official "I Hate the Cowboys" Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 07:01:35 AM »
McNabb... WTF!!! 

He looked so good in the first half, how could he be so bone-headed in the 4th quarter?  He sticks the ball out for Westbrook, then pulls it back as West tries to wrap it up, and at the last second, he tries to jam it back into West's arms, leaving West with no chance to handle the football.  What, did he think Westbrook's arms were made of velcro and the ball would stick to his elbow???  Ball goes back to Dallas with 4:00 to go, they march right down the field and score on our soft-as-butter D (where was that big turn-over, Asante???), and I get to spend the rest of the seaon seething and listening to every talking head in the sports universe fellate the Cowgirls and Tony "Butterfingers" Romo in particular.  ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!  :badmood: :badmood: :badmood:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 07:04:05 AM by Red October »

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 07:09:10 AM »
:leghump:  "Oh Tony!  You're God's gift to quarterbacking!  You're so awesome, the way you fumble the ball in the endzone and on field-goal snaps... Tony, you're my man!  Oh, Tony!  You'll win a playoff game one of these years!  I believe in you Tony!"

^ every football analyst in the country

Offline Flame

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 07:12:42 AM »
Hey, Red, tell us how you really feel!    :-)

(ps...I've been a Cowboys fan since way back....with Ed Too Tall Jones, Tony Dorsett, Staubach etc.)

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:03 AM »

(ps...I've been a Cowboys fan since way back....with Ed Too Tall Jones, Tony Dorsett, Staubach etc.)

... not that I'm upset, or anything  :-)   It's just a game, I keep telling myself...   :cheersmate:

If I were a Cowboys fan, Marion Barber would be my favorite player.  That man's a bull.  He took over in the 2nd half an we had no answer for him.

Offline Flame

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 07:28:29 AM »

... not that I'm upset, or anything  :-)   It's just a game, I keep telling myself...   :cheersmate:

If I were a Cowboys fan, Marion Barber would be my favorite player.  That man's a bull.  He took over in the 2nd half an we had no answer for him.

the guy that nabbed my attention this year is Felix Jones...dude's got some wheels!   

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 07:39:36 AM »

the guy that nabbed my attention this year is Felix Jones...dude's got some wheels!   
Heh, how 'bout that dooooofus who dropped the ball BEFORE crossing the goal line.   :rotf:  :fuelfire:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Flame

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:03 AM »

Heh, how 'bout that dooooofus who dropped the ball BEFORE crossing the goal line.   :rotf:  :fuelfire:

yeah, that was entertaining....just saw on Sports Center he did something similar in High School during the playoffs, too!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 07:51:19 AM »
I was working/staying in the DFW area when Quincy Carter was QB.

Red, you would have loved it.   
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 08:02:05 AM »

OMG that was bad.  Hey, if he doesn't want the TD on his record, Westbrook will take it.  Hopefully that'll wake him up a little and teach him that T.O./Chad Johnson crap shouldn't be emulated.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:04:56 AM »

OMG that was bad.  Hey, if he doesn't want the TD on his record, Westbrook will take it.  Hopefully that'll wake him up a little and teach him that T.O./Chad Johnson crap shouldn't be emulated.

Too bad the defenders didn't pick up on what happened -- that was a live ball and could have been picked up and run back.

I was watching in Mexico and the idiot local announcers talk over the refs -- what was the erason Philly got the ball back?  I assume because they still had possession when the play was whistled dead.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 08:07:20 AM »
The Eagles won't so anything until they get rid of McNabb.  He's a good athlete but he can't think on his feet.  He was lousy at Syracuse, too.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »
The Eagles won't so anything until they get rid of McNabb.  He's a good athlete but he can't think on his feet.  He was lousy at Syracuse, too.

You racist!

;)

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 08:23:59 AM »
But what is it with Jackson? You hope he learns. You hope he realizes, after such a national-television faux pas, the downside of pride. You hope he knows now that hot dogs can result in worse things than indigestion. You hope, but you do not know.

"Things happen," Jackson said. "It was just one of those things. I was just overexcited, just trying to have some fun. I'm young, but I'm kind of mad at myself. I could have had a touchdown."

Only time will mature him. At the same time, say a prayer that maturity does not diminish him. Because Jackson is a star-in-training and no one can doubt. He finished last night with six catches for 110 yards. It would appear that the only thing that can stop him are an injury or, well, himself.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20080916_Rich_Hofmann__DeSean_Jackson_goofs__but_wow_he_s_good.html

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 08:27:38 AM »

I dunno... he makes some outstanding plays when the pocket breaks down.  Like every other QB, he needs a good team around him.

But that "handoff" to Westbrook in the 4th was an atrocious mental error, I agree.  He lost the game with that play. 

Offline Chris_

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »

I dunno... he makes some outstanding plays when the pocket breaks down.  Like every other QB, he needs a good team around him.

But that "handoff" to Westbrook in the 4th was an atrocious mental error, I agree.  He lost the game with that play. 

Despite the Cowboys' repeated attempts to hand them the game.

Offline Flame

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2008, 08:45:48 AM »

no doubt!

I will say, though, the Eagles had an incredible offensive line going last night...McNabb had forever to find a reciever!

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2008, 09:19:30 AM »
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Scoobie

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2008, 10:32:44 AM »

Poor Red....his Cowboys hatred runs deep, Flame, very, very deep. It's gonna be a long football season, and I so look forward to seeing him wear his "Romo is a Homo" t-shirt every darn day.

Go Ravens!  :p 

Oh, and  :beer:

When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing -- then we truly live life.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »

In that respect he reminds me of Randal Cunningham, another Philly QB who couldn't quite make the next step.  I thought Randal was more exciting to watch, tho.

There's maybe a handful of QB's in the NFL who are really thinkers on the field, and the rest are just better than all the other options out there

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Donpeyote

• Schade's friend
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008, 11:04:07 AM »
How Bout them Oakland Raiders (Lead NFL in Rushing) :cheersmate: :fuelfire: :popcorn:

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2008, 11:32:46 AM »
Hey, Red--the 'Boys, though I can't stand them, made me $56 in my workplace's football pool last night.  'Course, I also had the highest number of combined points, too.
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 12:38:54 PM »
Red is that your little guy in your avatar?

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 12:46:29 PM »

no doubt!

I will say, though, the Eagles had an incredible offensive line going last night...McNabb had forever to find a reciever!

And yet....

Cover-2 is under-respected.

Offline THA HOUSTON PIMP IS IN DA HOUZ!

• I pimp; you GET pimped.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 12:52:49 PM »
Well Red,

If it is any consolation, the Packers are going to pimpslap the Brokeback Mount-me-boyz next Sunday.

Payback for last year's game.   

I'm hoping that KBG or Aaron Kampman make Romo's day as miserable as possible.