Author Topic: Dress like a slob if you want to: Senate allows Fetterdude to wear sweats  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Senate to no longer enforce dress code for senators

The U.S. Senate will no longer enforce a dress code for members of the upper house elected by those they serve.

"However, others entering the chamber must comply with the dress code. Coats/ties for men. Business attire for women," tweeted Chad Pergram, Fox News senior congressional correspondent.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., quietly sent the directive to the Senate's sergeant at arms, news website Axios reported.

The change allows Sen. John Fetterman, D-Pa., to continue to wear his trademark hooded sweatshirts and gym shorts while working for Americans.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/senate-will-no-longer-enforce-dress-code-senators

Dems Reveal More 'Rules for Thee, but Not for Me' Hypocrisy When It Comes to Senate Dress Code

Fox confirms that the Senate will no longer enforce a dress code for senators. Senators can now what ever they want. However, others entering the chamber must comply with the dress code. Coats/ties for men. Business attire for women.

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/09/17/dems-throw-rules-under-the-bus-when-they-refuse-to-comply-with-them-drop-senate-dress-code-n2163919
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: Dress like a slob if you want to: Senate allows Fetterdude to wear sweats
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 07:39:48 PM »
I'm sure this earth-shattering decision weighed so heavily on Chuck the Schmuck he had heart palpitations.

Or maybe it was just gas.

The dumbasses who voted for Fetterturd get exactly what they paid for -- a drooling moron who wouldn't recognize "class" if it fell into his lap.

Unfortunately, he drags the other 99 senators down to his level of trailer park trash.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 07:54:45 PM »
Just more deterioration of a useless government. :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 08:33:21 PM »
I expect Congress in business attire.
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Allow enemies their space to hate; they will destroy themselves in the process.
-Lisa Du

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 07:14:21 AM »

Until the early 2000's, it was standard practice for men to wear a coat and tie at the office and women were expected to wear the according business attire. Soon afterwards, that practice just completely went out the window. It is bad for our society in general.

I still have dozens and dozens of ties, and I still fit into my 30 year old suits, all of which are still in style all these years later. But I only wear them at weddings and funerals anymore.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 07:26:17 AM »

If these ****wits want to be treated like our leige lords and ladies as they obviously seem to expect, then I expect them to wear the goofy looking robes and white powdered wigs when "in session".

I still ain't gonna genuflect to the hell-spawned vermin, but I have these expectations... :therock:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 12:42:05 PM »
If these ****wits want to be treated like our leige lords and ladies as they obviously seem to expect, then I expect them to wear the goofy looking robes and white powdered wigs when "in session".

I still ain't gonna genuflect to the hell-spawned vermin, but I have these expectations... :therock:

And bring back dueling!!!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 01:21:50 PM »
And bring back dueling!!!

Oh, I've been in favor of bringing back Code Duello for decades now. I'm all for these clowns having to defend their asinine assertions on the Field of Honor. Just that sword of Damocles alone hanging over their heads ought to be enough to keep their most insane foolishness trapped inside their cock holsters where the rest of us don't have to put up with it.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 03:11:30 PM »
The true Slob-father.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 03:20:28 PM »
Oh, I've been in favor of bringing back Code Duello for decades now. I'm all for these clowns having to defend their asinine assertions on the Field of Honor. Just that sword of Damocles alone hanging over their heads ought to be enough to keep their most insane foolishness trapped inside their cock holsters where the rest of us don't have to put up with it.

Wouldn't you just love to see Senator John Kennedy duel with Sen. Chuckie Schumer, or perhaps Representative Jim Jordan taking on Rep. "Auntie" Maxine Waters? I'm up for the pay-per-view.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 03:32:12 PM »
Instead of debating and voting they can punch it out in the aisles :-)

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 03:55:10 PM »
Instead of debating and voting they can punch it out in the aisles :-)

It's amazing how many parliamentary countries generate hours of footage of fistfights breaking out on the legislature floors.  Maybe that is something to look into.  It would cut down on the old farts in our government.  Can't take a punch any more?  Time to retire. 
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 10:45:38 PM »
Why doesn't Futterman get it over with and just wear a Molicare-diaper?

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2023, 10:37:22 AM »
I’m all for this!  Hear me out. I’m ready to see Boebert and Alexandria Cortez show up in some booty shorts and tube tops!  Bring it!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 10:46:37 AM »
I’m all for this!  Hear me out. I’m ready to see Boebert and Alexandria Cortez show up in some booty shorts and tube tops!  Bring it!

KC

And then see Boebert slap the crap out of aoc and that POS ilhan omar

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 11:51:36 AM »
And then see Boebert slap the crap out of aoc and that POS ilhan omar

I’d rather watch them all wrestle in a plastic pool filled with jello.  :lmao:

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 04:29:23 PM »
Compare and contrast:

A service station employee from the 1950's:

A U.S. Senator "Slobberman" circa 2023:

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2023, 08:39:43 PM »
John Fetterman's Slovenliness and the Demise of Objective Social Standards
https://townhall.com/columnists/joshhammer/2023/09/22/john-fettermans-slovenliness-and-the-demise-of-objective-social-standards-n2628791

The United States Senate, once known as the "world's greatest deliberative body," will now permit its members to grace its chamber floor wearing whatever clothes -- no matter how casual or unprofessional -- they happen to fancy on any given day. Following Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's (D-N.Y.) decision earlier this week to have the sergeant-at-arms cease enforcing the Senate's long-standing dress code, senators might be forgiven for trading in their traditional Brooks Brothers wares for that most chic of modern haberdashers: the local homeless shelter.

There is one reason and one reason only for Schumer's distasteful change in policy: The brain-damaged and cartoon villain-resembling junior senator from Pennsylvania, Democrat John Fetterman, insists on it. In addition to his imposing stature, lingering physical health issues stemming from a 2022 stroke, and mental health issues for which he admitted himself to a hospital earlier this year, the hoodie- and shorts-toting Fetterman has become known in the nation's capital as perhaps the first U.S. senator to ever dress for the job like a bona fide slob.

On Thursday afternoon, a spokesman for Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.V.) said he would file a bipartisan resolution next week "to ensure the Senate dress code remains consistent with previous expectations." But as of this writing, Fetterman's exceedingly "casual" dress has been granted a senatorial imprimatur of legitimacy. Indeed, on Wednesday, Fetterman presided over the entire Senate wearing a short-sleeve shirt, no tie, and shorts.

Fetterman's appalling sense of dress and Schumer's capitulation to it can be seen as part of the Left's broader, sustained attacks on the norms of many venerable institutions. (We are, after all, reliably informed by many wokesters that the very structure of the Senate -- two members per state, regardless of the population -- is a throwback to "white supremacy.") But the koshering of Fetterman's sartorial slovenliness bespeaks a trend both greater and more pernicious than the wokes' now-trite attacks on American traditions: the failure to recognize and uphold objective social standards.

Social standards have declined.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du

Offline Ptarmigan

• Bunny Slayer
  • God Hates Bunnies
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2023, 08:40:40 PM »
The Post tried eating at NYC’s finest restaurants dressed like Sen. John Fetterman — see how it went
https://nypost.com/2023/09/23/the-post-tried-eating-at-nycs-finest-restaurants-dressed-like-sen-john-fetterman-see-how-it-went/

Sen. John Fetterman may be allowed to dress like a slob in the halls of power — but it’s still a capital offense in New York City’s finest restaurants.

Intrepid Post reporter Jon Levine learned that hard truth this week when he crisscrossed the Big Apple’s culinary landmarks wearing Fetterman’s trademark hoodie, gym shorts and sneakers and tried to gain entry — only to face scorn and mockery from maître d’s with more common sense than Congress.

“He would not be permitted here,” sniffed a maître d at Daniel on the Upper East Side, where a seven-course tasting menu runs $275.

She admitted she didn’t know who Fetterman was.

“We have turned away guests for being improperly dressed regardless of their occupation,” she continued.

Upscale restaurants enforce dress codes more strictly than Congress.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 08:53:19 PM by Ptarmigan »
-Napoleon Bonaparte

-Lisa Du