Author Topic: Energy costs hitting home for DUmmies - ha  (Read 890 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
Energy costs hitting home for DUmmies - ha
« on: November 30, 2022, 09:41:54 AM »
leftyladyfrommo (17,157 posts)

I just got my gas bill and it's really higher than last year.
So what saves the most. I can turn the heat up to warm the house. Or I can use my little heater to warm the bedroom. Which is best?

Hey, look: a post on TrumpMusk Underground not about Trump or Musk

My first solution for this DUmmy would be to OWN IT in all of its sucky glory, as this belongs to Democrats alone. Next, in the way of a solution, I hear that opening the oven and turning the knobs on the cooktop for a few hours, then lighting a match, will heat the house very, very quickly. Try that.

Let's see what the DUmmies suggest:

Meadowoak (3,397 posts)
1. Use the furnace, space heaters are dangerous fire hazards.

Star Member leftyladyfrommo (17,157 posts)
3. I don't think I can afford the furnace. I just have SS.

it's hard. Everything is going up and not just a little bit.

I am really careful with the heater.

I have the furnace at 62.

Weren't you guys just woofing about Brandon's massive increase to SS? What are you wasting it on? Donations to the Clinton Global Initiative?

Star Member sarcasmo (22,619 posts)
23. Dreading the Energy bill for January and February. 12 windchill today in Wisconsin.

Why aren't you basking in the warmth of knowing that Biden is sending billions every month to Ukraine? Doesn't that keep you warm?

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
Re: Energy costs hitting home for DUmmies - ha
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 09:46:39 AM »
Todays episode of 'getting what you voted for, good and hard'.

In next weeks episode, we'll see a hybrid owning DUmmy complaining that fuel costs are too high for even them.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2022, 09:49:52 AM »
Todays episode of 'getting what you voted for, good and hard'.

Anyone who cares more about the wellbeing of Hunter Biden and the wealth of Zelenskyy than their own situation deserves all they get. She has enough dought to have a yellow star, by the way.
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 10:03:36 AM »

:ownit:

Let them wear sweaters.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2022, 10:11:53 AM »

Let them wear sweaters.

Наденьте свитер и научитесь программировать
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2022, 11:10:12 AM »
I recommend bringing the outdoor grill inside as it will not only provide the warmth needed but you can also cook on it at the same time saving money.

Your welcome.

NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 11:53:55 AM »
I recommend bringing the outdoor grill inside as it will not only provide the warmth needed but you can also cook on it at the same time saving money.

Your welcome.

I remember once or twice, cooking on top of a Kerosene heater, during a power outage. Fun times.

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2022, 12:52:52 PM »
I remember once or twice, cooking on top of a Kerosene heater, during a power outage. Fun times.

Some work quite efficiently for just that, and are indeed made with that in mind:

The tops are made to set a pan on. The missus and I have a number of these, both for collection, and for emergencies. Running a pair of them will heat an entire floor of most homes. Mostly we'd use a stove I built for cooking duties though. It's a coleman 3 burner suitcase style stove that will run on propane, coleman fuel, or kerosene.

We generally keep ten or more gallons of kero, 20 or more gallons of white gas (coleman fuel/camp fuel) and several gallons of Kleen-Heat on hand, just in case.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 03:36:02 PM »
Pick up a few dozen stray cats to sleep with. In addition to keeping you warm they will appreciate the kindnesses  :-)

You can also get some solar panels and a windmill and make your own energy the Biden admin is giving rebates on them  :thatsright:

Or get an electric car and with the $7,000. Rebate you can afford heat.  :lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline jukin

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 04:12:37 PM »
You know talking about DUmbass DUmmys freezing to death is funny until the DUmmys really start freezing to death. Then it is hilarious.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 04:37:07 PM »
You know talking about DUmbass DUmmys freezing to death is funny until the DUmmys really start freezing to death. Then it is hilarious.

Except for the poor assholes stuck with sacking up the carcass and schlocking out the rat-infested horder's nest they lived beyond their means in.

:fuelfire:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 05:05:30 PM »
Except for the poor assholes stuck with sacking up the carcass and schlocking out the rat-infested horder's nest they lived beyond their means in.

:fuelfire:

Well,  even that guy can look on the bright side - that has to be one of those rare situations where the smell isn't as bad after death, as it was beforehand.

Offline RuralNc

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 05:13:07 PM »
Some work quite efficiently for just that, and are indeed made with that in mind:

The tops are made to set a pan on. The missus and I have a number of these, both for collection, and for emergencies. Running a pair of them will heat an entire floor of most homes. Mostly we'd use a stove I built for cooking duties though. It's a coleman 3 burner suitcase style stove that will run on propane, coleman fuel, or kerosene.

We generally keep ten or more gallons of kero, 20 or more gallons of white gas (coleman fuel/camp fuel) and several gallons of Kleen-Heat on hand, just in case.

Dang. Those are good looking heaters.

Growing up, during the 70s and 80's my parents always kept a couple K heaters arounds to offset the heat bill. I have no idea how affective it really was. But come power outage time, they were a blessing.

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 05:29:55 AM »
I was in sales long enough to build up a pretty thick callus to that "I'm only on SS and can't afford anything" crap. What were you doing the whole 62.5 working years you had prior to that? All I see is a fool who managed to save nothing, made incredibly stupid life choices and squandered whatever opportunities they happened upon. Shame on you, primitive. May you die of hypothermia in your own squalor.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Karin

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »
Well, Biden himself had the solution, it came right out of the horse's ass mouth.  "Concerned about this winter's heating costs?  There's a tax credit to invest in solar panels."