Author Topic: "Smithmas" doesn't roll off the tongue like Fitzmas or Garlandmas  (Read 993 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Republicans accuse Biden of weaponizing DOJ after Trump special counsel appointment

Republicans criticized Attorney General Merrick Garland on Friday after the Justice Department announced it was appointing former DOJ official Jack Smith as special counsel to oversee investigations into former President Donald Trump's handling of classified documents and Jan. 6.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Tex., called the timing of the special counsel's appointment problematic given that Trump had just announced his third run for the White House.

Three "days ago, Trump announced and now [there is] a special counsel," said Cruz. "This is Trump derangement syndrome but this time with a gun and badge.

Rep. Andy Biggs, R-Ariz., similarly said that the DOJ appeared to be more "politicized and weaponized" than at any point in American history.

Some, like Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., even said that Republicans should use their newly won control of the U.S. House of Representatives to cut off funding for the investigation next Congress. 

"Republicans will need to refuse to appropriate any funding to Merrick Garland’s Special Counsel and defund any part of the DOJ acting on behalf of the Democrat party as a taxpayer-funded campaign arm for the Democrat’s 2024 presidential nominee," said Greene.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-accuse-biden-weaponizing-doj-trump-special-counsel-appointment
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: "Smithmas" doesn't roll off the tongue like Fitzmas or Garlandmas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2022, 04:47:12 AM »
Congress has appropriated almost $60 billion to DOJ in FY2022 with about $10 billion still in the piggy bank.

That isn't enough, Garland? You need more?

Maybe it's time for Congress to snag back that which these partisan government "institutions" haven't already thrown away on lawyers, paper, and more lawsuits.

https://www.usaspending.gov/agency/department-of-justice?fy=2022
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 09:39:36 AM »
Congress has appropriated almost $60 billion to DOJ in FY2022 with about $10 billion still in the piggy bank.

That isn't enough, Garland? You need more?

Maybe it's time for Congress to snag back that which these partisan government "institutions" haven't already thrown away on lawyers, paper, and more lawsuits.

https://www.usaspending.gov/agency/department-of-justice?fy=2022

The timing of this week has been weird with President Trump announcing his candidacy, Republicans officially win House and announce Biden investigations, and the day after that partisan clown Garland appoints a special counsel to conduct an ever expanding probe into whatever the hell this Jack Smith guy wants.

Reminds me of this Little Chuckie Schumer quote when Trump took office:

New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is “being really dumb” by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia’s cyber activities.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/312605-schumer-trump-being-really-dumb-by-going-after-intelligence-community/

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 09:53:14 AM »
The Smithening? Yeah, I've got pretty much nothing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2022, 11:22:25 AM »
Apparently, Pelosiroo's Kangaroo Kommittee sunsets in December, and with the Rs gaining the majority in the House, she can't resurrect it. So LIEden & Garland are continuing the witch-hunt shamvestigation.

Trump needs to ram it down LIEden's throat (metaphorically, of course ... shouldn't have to say that, but DU-onlurkers, :bigbird: ), and the Rs need to defund any/all shamvestigations of Trump.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2022, 11:53:39 AM »

Perhaps "Smithereens"? Haven't gone into the DUmp cesspool, but I'm sure they've coined a new stupid nickname for this sham.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
  • Married female & proud VRWC member :)
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2022, 12:01:42 PM »

Neither do I , so-o-o-o  with the exception, even though wasted on the libs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvwDtqaTSCc
Please pray for our country in these turbulent times ...
It really is the best in the world & I can't stand the thought of losing it.

Freedom, Truth, and the USA!!! 
~ American By Choice (aka ABC-2)

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2022, 12:27:04 PM »
Oh Mercy! Am really being bad at the moment  sending them that particular song, which I love ...

Since I don't for one minute believe that most of them  truly care 2 hoots about CHRISTMAS one way or another!

Hell's bells,  their problem ... not mine!  :-)

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2022, 02:07:40 PM »
Perhaps "Smithereens"? Haven't gone into the DUmp cesspool, but I'm sure they've coined a new stupid nickname for this sham.

Perhaps when he makes an announcement, and he has to tie himself in a knot to explain why he did/din't do something, then he'll be a...

...wordsmith.

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2022, 08:03:37 PM »
Perhaps when he makes an announcement, and he has to tie himself in a knot to explain why he did/din't do something, then he'll be a...

...wordsmith.

Ooh!  Thanks ADsOutburst  ...  :cheersmate:

For the word "Wordsmith"  I know and appreciate what it means  ... but seldom, if  ever,  have had an opportunity to use it!

Thanks again ... will keep it in mind! 

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2022, 09:00:43 PM »
Oh Mercy! Am really being bad at the moment  sending them that particular song, which I love ...

Since I don't for one minute believe that most of them  truly care 2 hoots about CHRISTMAS one way or another!

Hell's bells,  their problem ... not mine!  :-)

They don't like to talk about it, but they care deeply about Christmas.

It's one of the few times of the year that they'll go around hat in hand, leeching off relatives they're embarrased to be seen around any other time of the year.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline ABC-2

• Drive By Poster
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2022, 09:32:37 PM »
They don't like to talk about it, but they care deeply about Christmas.

It's one of the few times of the year that they'll go around hat in hand, leeching off relatives they're embarrased to be seen around any other time of the year.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Hee, hee!  Grabbing one of your  :popcorn: boxes on my way out of here for the night ...thanks ...

And also NOW, wishing the pathetic DUpipo ...  A Happy LEECHMAS!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Online DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2022, 10:41:47 PM »

...wordsmith.

GROAN...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2022, 03:20:12 PM »
The timing of this week has been weird with President Trump announcing his candidacy, Republicans officially win House and announce Biden investigations, and the day after that partisan clown Garland appoints a special counsel to conduct an ever expanding probe into whatever the hell this Jack Smith guy wants.

Reminds me of this Little Chuckie Schumer quote when Trump took office:

New Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) said Tuesday that President-elect Donald Trump is “being really dumb” by taking on the intelligence community and its assessments on Russia’s cyber activities.

“Let me tell you, you take on the intelligence community, they have six ways from Sunday at getting back at you,” Schumer told MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow.

“So even for a practical, supposedly hard-nosed businessman, he’s being really dumb to do this.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/312605-schumer-trump-being-really-dumb-by-going-after-intelligence-community/

I'm not sure what Garland's appointment of yet another shitstick lawyer has to do with Congress appropriating money for DOJ, and what Chuck the Schmuck's statement means (except to illustrate his own worship of the Deep State), but yeah, it's been an interesting week.

Call me skeptical about what the Repubs say and do about the upcoming Congress. More kabuki theater, if nothing else.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.