Author Topic: Musk to Twitter staff: You must work long hours at high intensity or leave the c  (Read 831 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100217381141

I love their threads about Elon taking over Twitter.  Elon asks the staff to step up to the plate so they can get things running like they should and the DUmmies wail.  Project Veritas has videos of how bad the environment at Twitter was.  One engineer told PV he worked basically 4 hours a week and that if you "just weren't feeling it" you could just takes days off.  He even said some had taken months off and just came back.

They show people showing up to work mid morning, then going to the breakfast room for free breakfast, then hitting the meditation room for a bit before actually doing anything.  They work a little bit then hit the lunch room, sit around then go home.

Elon is now asking them to work some overtime to get the business set up the way he wants to run it, them I'm sure it will go back to a 'normal' work week, but the DUmmies are absolutely incensed that he has the gall to ask these people to do their job.  It just goes to show how few of the DUmmies have actually ever had a job.

Doodley (8,729 posts)

Musk to Twitter staff: You must work long hours at high intensity or leave the company.

Elon Musk has told Twitter staff that they must commit to working "long hours at high intensity" or else leave the company, according to reports.

In an email to staff, the social media giant's new owner said workers should agree to the pledge if they wanted to stay, the Washington Post reported.

Those who do not sign up will be given three months severance pay, Mr Musk added.

The BBC has contacted Twitter for comment.

In his email to staff, also seen by The Guardian, Mr Musk said that Twitter "will need to be extremely hardcore" in order to succeed.

"This will mean working long hours at high intensity. Only exceptional performance will constitute a passing grade," he said.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/twitter-staff-must-work-long-hours-or-leave-musk/ar-AA14bjEY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=362928a407fe4ebe929466d70319f7d3

stopdiggin (7,633 posts)

2. this is not how you motivate your staff

One more indication that Musk doesn't have the slightest clue.

I can just about guarantee that a good 75-80% of the employees reading this macho screed - were insulted, PO'd - and are quietly plotting some degree of 'workplace revenge.' The company will not be running more efficiently in 1-2 months time.

Good job, Elly baby!

yankee87 (789 posts)

4. Looking for other employment

You have to love someone who was born with a emerald in his butt, never have to do anything for himself, just calls his staff for everything, saying this. I’m sure anyone who’s has talent will be leaving. Twitter’s gone within two years. Good luck

I don't think yankee87 knows anything about Elon's history.

Doodley (8,729 posts)

9. I appreciate your long reply. I agree. As a European I am shocked at the lack of

days off and perks given to workers here in US.
Treating your workers with respect and showing they are valued is the way to get the best out of them. Musk is a bully who must be hated and despised by his employees. That isn't a good way to improve Twitter!

I learned long ago that the more you give people, the more they will expect, as a rule.  And lord help you if you ever remove some perk that was being given out of the goodness of your heart.  This is what will happen at Twitter.  Those who were the recipients of all those perks and benefits will throw a hissy if Elon takes some of it away (like FREE lunches) and they will quit.  Unfortunately for those fools they will find that no one gives the kind of perks they were enjoying.  They will leave and realize that even without a few of the perks they were taking for granted they were being given FAR more than they will ever get at a normal job.

RainCaster (9,099 posts)

6. The beatings will continue until morale improves

What a guy.
Shakes head thinking about the stupidity of the muskrat.

RainCaster left a word out.  It should read "...the stupidity of the BILLIONAIRE muskrat.

Yeah, Elon is so stupid he is/was the richest man in the world.  You don't reach that status by being an idiot.  Sorry, you just don't.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline ADsOutburst

He told them they... have to work hard? Oh horror!

2. this is not how you motivate your staff

You know what doesn't motivate staff? The company culture he's replacing. Only having to work a few hours a week while being paid quite generously.

Offline SVPete

yankee87 (789 posts)

4. Looking for other employment

You have to love someone who was born with a emerald in his butt, never have to do anything for himself, just calls his staff for everything, saying this. I’m sure anyone who’s has talent will be leaving. Twitter’s gone within two years. Good luck

While Musk's family was wealthy, he worked at Saskatchewan farm(s) and a lumber mill before entering University of Ontario. He transferred to UPenn, and Ivy League school, where he got BAs in Physics and Business. He went on to earn a PhD in Materials Science at Stanford. These are not fluff schools, nor fluffy majors. His stern work ethic expectations are real, but contrary to the DUmmie's sneer, is the work ethic he himself had over the past 25+ years.

Some Silicon Valley companies are not very, umm, non-work-life or family-friendly. Steve Jobs & Apple ... Cisco ...
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
While Musk's family was wealthy, he worked at Saskatchewan farm(s) and a lumber mill before entering University of Ontario. He transferred to UPenn, and Ivy League school, where he got BAs in Physics and Business. He went on to earn a PhD in Materials Science at Stanford. These are not fluff schools, nor fluffy majors. His stern work ethic expectations are real, but contrary to the DUmmie's sneer, is the work ethic he himself had over the past 25+ years.

Some Silicon Valley companies are not very, umm, non-work-life or family-friendly. Steve Jobs & Apple ... Cisco ...

I don't believe Elon received any monetary help from his family.  If I remember correctly he and his dad didn't get along.  Everything I've read about him points to a hard working man who knew where he wanted to go in life and then simply did what it took to get there.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Online jukin

HOOOOOOOOLD on!!!

You mean to tell me that lazy and useless sacks of shit are being asked to actually work and attain goals and objectives? Well no wonder lazy and useless sacks of shit DUmmys are taking their side. Professional courtesy of being in the lazy and useless sacks of shit union.

I am shocked these two metrics came to the same conclusion.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

Musk's reputation for how employees are treated at Tesla is bot great, but DUmmie-grade Progs didn't find that objectionable.

I suspect, though, that Musk is waxing hyperbolic and playing on that image so as to scare off lazier Twitter employees.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
...I suspect, though, that Musk is waxing hyperbolic and playing on that image so as to scare off lazier Twitter employees.

It's never a bad thing when the garbage takes itself out...
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
Doodley (8,729 posts)

Musk to Twitter staff: You must work long hours at high intensity or leave the company.

Lazy Twitter employees and DUmmies:
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline ADsOutburst

Lazy Twitter employees and DUmmies:

Twitter employees couldn't define 'work' if the dictionary slammed shut on their faces and left an imprint.

Offline Wineslob

• Sucking the life out of Liberty
"Work" to the DUmmies and Twitter staff is running to their phone anytime they get "triggered" and post a sob story on Tik Tok.
“The national budget must be balanced. The public debt must be reduced; the arrogance of the authorities must be moderated and controlled. Payments to foreign governments must be reduced, if the nation doesn't want to go bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance.”

-- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 55 BC (106-43 BC)

The unobtainable is unknown at Zombo.com

"Practice random violence and senseless acts of brutality"

If you want a gender neutral bathroom, go pee in the forest.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Musk's reputation for how employees are treated at Tesla is bot great, but DUmmie-grade Progs didn't find that objectionable.

I suspect, though, that Musk is waxing hyperbolic and playing on that image so as to scare off lazier Twitter employees.

To be fair, I’m sure you could find negative comments from employees 100% of the time if the company is off any size.

I just read an article about the construction of the Tesla gigafactory in Austin and how many construction workers have complaints. Most of the complaints I read about were laughable to someone from the construction industry. The article didn’t point that out.

KC

*Stolen

Offline landofconfusion80

To be fair, I’m sure you could find negative comments from employees 100% of the time if the company is off any size.

I just read an article about the construction of the Tesla gigafactory in Austin and how many construction workers have complaints. Most of the complaints I read about were laughable to someone from the construction industry. The article didn’t point that out.

KC
I just got out of one of those companies. Buried under 500 pounds of hamburger patties was a wake up call
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
While I've used this Caddyshack line here recently before, it applies to these piss-ant pampered Twitter employees:

Well, the world needs ditch diggers too.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQbHyLE6Tc

Now ask me if I give AF, DUmbasses.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkQbHyLE6Tc

Now ask me if I give AF, DUmbasses.

Yup. These people crying about Elon’s treatment of them make it really hard to believe after seeing videos like that and some of the ones Project Veritas posted.

KC

*Stolen

Offline RuralNc

These poor crybabies.  :whatever:

Im sure, we have all had our share of employers/bosses/managers that we can look back on, and realize how horrible of a human being that they were.

Lurking Mutts. If you ever get a job, that kind of treatment is what we like to call "Character Building".  :-)

Online jukin

See if you can spot the difference.

When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
See if you can spot the difference.

First thing I notice is the first picture is a room full of chicks!  And I only see a couple of folks who aren't white.

Second picture I see a lot of guys and way more folks who aren't white.

KC

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Actually, in the Pre-Musk pic I counted on the order of 14 non-white people, though many are "white-adjacent" east Asians.

The Pre-Musk pic appears to have been taken in a conference room, while the Post-Musk pic appears to have been taken in a work area.

Offline 67 Rover

Clown in front is wearing a "woke as *uck" T-shirt so purge is not complete.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline landofconfusion80

Supposedly the pic is a fake. The ladies were in sales and marketing, the gents were in programming
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)