Author Topic: Donald Trump on the Warpath: Glenn Youngkin Name ‘Sounds Chinese’  (Read 896 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Former President Donald Trump continued targeting possible 2024 rivals for the presidency, mocking Virginia Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s name on Friday.

“Young Kin (now that’s an interesting take. Sounds Chinese, doesn’t it?) in Virginia couldn’t have won without me,” Trump wrote on social media on Friday morning.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/11/donald-trump-on-the-warpath-glenn-youngkin-name-sounds-chinese/

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline GOP Congress

Re: Donald Trump on the Warpath: Glenn Youngkin Name ‘Sounds Chinese’
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2022, 03:29:25 PM »
Interesting how all the fair-weather conservatives are coming out against Trump, especially after he campaigned heavily for them. Remember, he is in the process of finding out who is FOR him, and in extension the people, or who is beholden to the Deep State. Only one or the other at this point, in my opinion.
"The main purpose of the Democrat Party and the Left is to destroy the United States, transform Western Civilization to a tribal-based dystopia, and to ultimately kill all conservatives and non progressives." - Jonah Kyle

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2022, 04:15:42 PM »
Gotta admit, this stuff is not endearing. He’s pissing me off, and I’m not the only one.

I think he did a fantastic job as president. Always felt they should have kept him from using Twitter as much as he did, but meh.

These temper tantrums he’s throwing … it’s not a good look.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2022, 05:14:18 PM »
Interesting how all the fair-weather conservatives are coming out against Trump, especially after he campaigned heavily for them. Remember, he is in the process of finding out who is FOR him, and in extension the people, or who is beholden to the Deep State. Only one or the other at this point, in my opinion.

I'm certainly no fair weather conservative considering I've been voting Republican since the late 80's. It is worth calling balls and strikes, and it appears to me that President Trump is making too many unforced errors. We're all on the same team: Making America Great Again and electing conservatives to run it.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2022, 06:52:54 PM »
I'm certainly no fair weather conservative considering I've been voting Republican since the late 80's. It is worth calling balls and strikes, and it appears to me that President Trump is making too many unforced errors. We're all on the same team: Making America Great Again and electing conservatives to run it.

Yup. Will Witt did an excellent video on this. He was speaking for me.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2022, 11:27:07 AM »

I too am not a fair-weather Republican but Trump is making it very difficult for me to support him. He is attacking fellow conservatives, individuals proven to be sold Republicans, for no other reason than they might run against him in the primaries. I can almost guarantee that he has lost Florida and most likely Virginia. He has enough issues with the never-Trumpers and really shouldn't be alienating those who might opt not to vote for him in the general election because of his pre-emptive strikes.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2022, 12:01:05 PM »
I too am not a fair-weather Republican but Trump is making it very difficult for me to support him. He is attacking fellow conservatives, individuals proven to be sold Republicans, for no other reason than they might run against him in the primaries. I can almost guarantee that he has lost Florida and most likely Virginia. He has enough issues with the never-Trumpers and really shouldn't be alienating those who might opt not to vote for him in the general election because of his pre-emptive strikes.

We're only 5 days into "Election Month", and it hasn't turned out well for the good team. It is odd and a touch puzzling to read online commentary where it seems to be a combination of those who are "Only" Trump people and those of us that can be rational and actually discuss issues on where the direction conservatism should go.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2022, 02:36:01 PM »
We're only 5 days into "Election Month", and it hasn't turned out well for the good team. It is odd and a touch puzzling to read online commentary where it seems to be a combination of those who are "Only" Trump people and those of us that can be rational and actually discuss issues on where the direction conservatism should go.

As suspect that it will only get worse as time moves ahead. I hope this doesn't end up like the great invasion that caused the Gator-led Conservative Underground schism. The "You are either for us or against us" crowd can be most annoying.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2022, 02:07:02 PM »
As suspect that it will only get worse as time moves ahead. I hope this doesn't end up like the great invasion that caused the Gator-led Conservative Underground schism. The "You are either for us or against us" crowd can be most annoying.

Obviously I hope not either, having been through that saga as well.

I'm still hopeful, because conservativism has a deep bench of potential talented leaders. As long as we can civilly discuss and don't just start fragging one another I think we'll be fine. The left is going through sort of the same thing, with the wacko woke left in the party fighting the somewhat more moderate Democrats. They are our true enemies.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2022, 10:17:14 PM »
I got stuck delivering blueprints to a construction-site in the company-Toyota... and the guys greeted me with:  " Here comes Tokyo Rose. "

I wonder how today's media would report the story.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2022, 05:18:02 AM »
Trump baffles me. Drafe mentioned a few days ago that DJT is working a plan, but I'll be damned if I can see what that plan is.

Him trying to figure out who is "for" Trump doesn't make sense to me. Rather than mock or disparage Repubs in any way, if he intends to run again (99% sure he does) even his massive ego has to concede that he needs to build consensus and a coalition of sorts, given that the leftists, Gen-Zers, and Never-Trumpers are still a viable force to reckon with.

As it stands now, Trump is doing a magnificent job of alienating people who would otherwise support him. That's not the mark of a politician who wants to get back in the game.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2022, 10:32:19 AM »
Trump baffles me. Drafe mentioned a few days ago that DJT is working a plan, but I'll be damned if I can see what that plan is.

Even if Trump isn't running, he's the leader of the Party.  And he does not want the Party to become the pleasanter, more cordial, conciliatory We're Not The Donald Trump Party in 2024.

That's what it's becoming as we speak.  Look at all the politeness and unoriginality of the GOP status-quo.  Trump's not going to embrace GOP-winners in a way that pleases FOX News.  (not insinuating you watch FOX News)

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2022, 12:38:37 PM »

Even if Trump isn't running, he's the leader of the Party.  And he does not want the Party to become the pleasanter, more cordial, conciliatory We're Not The Donald Trump Party in 2024.

That's what it's becoming as we speak.  Look at all the politeness and unoriginality of the GOP status-quo.  Trump's not going to embrace GOP-winners in a way that pleases FOX News.  (not insinuating you watch FOX News)

In this at least, you're correct. Trump is the only one in the Republican Party with any capability of leading ANYTHING. McConnell, et.al, couldn't lead ducklings out of a wet paper bag with bread crumbs dropping out of their pockets.

Thank Dog I'm not a Republican anymore, and wouldn't accept such milque-toast "leadership" at any time, regardless.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2022, 04:02:13 PM »

The only other possible contender to the Repub nomination in 2024 is DeSantis. DeSantis has shown plenty of grit, plenty of fire without resorting to BS namecalling. What Trump is doing, more than anything, is pissing off the very people who support him. Mean tweets are one thing, aimed at the real enemy, the media and the Dems.

There is a place for giving it right back to the media (where it belongs) and not allowing those turds to craft narratives in their questions. There is a place for extolling the successes that the team has done. DeSantis uses the word "we" very often. With Trump, the word is "I." DeSantis is a master at calling the turds out while they're trying to lie. In so doing, DeSantis gets the job done without hubris, without arrogance, without drama. Trump can't seem to get out of Drama School.

He's a smart guy, but he's tripping over his own dick right now.

And yeah, you're right. I don't do Fox News.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2022, 04:15:50 PM »
The only other possible contender to the Repub nomination in 2024 is DeSantis. DeSantis has shown plenty of grit, plenty of fire without resorting to BS namecalling. What Trump is doing, more than anything, is pissing off the very people who support him. Mean tweets are one thing, aimed at the real enemy, the media and the Dems.

There is a place for giving it right back to the media (where it belongs) and not allowing those turds to craft narratives in their questions. There is a place for extolling the successes that the team has done. DeSantis uses the word "we" very often. With Trump, the word is "I." DeSantis is a master at calling the turds out while they're trying to lie. In so doing, DeSantis gets the job done without hubris, without arrogance, without drama. Trump can't seem to get out of Drama School.

He's a smart guy, but he's tripping over his own dick right now.

And yeah, you're right. I don't do Fox News.

Yup.  Trump did an outstanding job and if he would cool his jets, he might have another shot at doing the same thing all over again just to show folks he CAN do it and DID do it, but with him going on the attack like he is, he's alienating a whole slew of folks.  The attacks I've seen have been unwarranted and uncalled for.

KC

*Stolen