Author Topic: The 2022 Harold Stassen Awards For Special Political Losers  (Read 389 times)

Offline SVPete

The 2022 Harold Stassen Awards For Special Political Losers
« on: November 10, 2022, 11:50:07 AM »
The 2022 Harold Stassen Awards For Special Political Losers

https://lidblog.com/harold-stassen-awards/

For those who don’t remember or have never watched The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson,  because Minnesota’s Harold Stassen lost so many times, he was a regular target of Carson’s jokes. Therefore this award will go to politicians whose careers of losses were very special, just like Harold Stassen. In fact, these losers are so bad it’s embarrassing.

In a unanimous vote between me and my computer, the 2022 Midterm Stassen award winners were Beto O’Rourke, Stacey Abrams, and Charlie Crist.
Beto O’Rourke

Beto wins the award for the most diversified loser. He did win three elections for the House of Representatives in the house from 2012 to 2018. After he left congress in 2020, his political career went into the toilet. He ran for Senator, President, and Governor. Now that he lost the Governor race, the only things left are dog catcher and condo board treasurer.
Stacey Abrams.

The winner of the 2022, It’s Not My Fault Award is Stacey Abrams, the two-time loser from the state of Georgia. In the last midterm election (2018), ran for Governor against Brian Kemp. The turnout of Georgia voters was 1.4 million, higher than the previous election (21014). Kemp won the election by 50K voters. Before he ran for Governor, Kemp was Georgia’s Secretary of State. His responsibilities included overseeing voter registration and vote counting.
Charlie Crist

Charlie Crist earned the Sybil Award in recognition of his multiple personalities.

Stassen may have lost more races, but Charlie Crist is the first American ever to lose three different state-wide elections representing three different parties. Republican, Independent, and Democrat. This guy switches parties almost as often as President Biden soils his underwear.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 04:13:46 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ADsOutburst

Re: The 2022 Harold Stassen Awards For Special Political Losers
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2022, 02:34:01 PM »
Robert O'Rourke wins the Lifetime Unachievement Award.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 02:39:59 PM »

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2022, 03:46:23 PM »

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2022, 09:45:41 PM »
I wonder who the biggest CCP-Disappointments were.

Those three are probably on that awards-list too.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2022, 06:54:51 AM »

I dunno about that. Robert Francis did, somehow, win 3 elections to the U.S. House before failing spectacularly since then.

Charlie Crist also, somehow, won an election or two before his skid down Unmemorable Lane.

I'd posit that Andrew Yang, the weirdo geek presidential candidate failure and NYC mayor candidate failure, might be in the running for an Unachievement Award. But he's kinda young, so there could be many more failures in his future.

In the meantime, welcome to the "Forward Party" which was founded by another bunch of failures:

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/failed-and-has-been-politicians-start-new-party/

:lmao:   :whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.