Author Topic: President Trump launches attack on Ron DeSantis  (Read 367 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
President Trump launches attack on Ron DeSantis
« on: November 06, 2022, 10:08:25 AM »
Donald Trump Nicknames Gov. DeSantis: ‘Ron DeSanctimonious’

Former President Donald Trump called Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) “Ron DeSanctimonious” during his Save America rally Saturday in Latrobe, Pennsylvania.

“We’re winning big big big in the Republican Party for the nomination like nobody’s ever seen before,” he said while showing the crowd 2024 National Republican Primary Poll numbers.

“There it is, Trump at 71, Ron DeSanctimonious at 10 percent, Mike Pence at seven. Oh, Mike is doing better than I thought. Liz Cheney? There’s no way that she’s at four percent. There’s no way. There’s no way. But we’re at 71, to ten, to seven, to four,” he continued.

Meanwhile, DeSantis is keeping a strong lead over his Democrat challenger Rep. Charlie Crist (D-FL), according to a recent Civiqs survey, Breitbart News reported Friday.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/11/05/donald-trump-nicknames-gov-desantis-ron-desanctimonious/

Another story:

Conservatives turn on Trump for attacking Ron DeSantis ahead of midterms: ‘What an idiot’

DeSantis is among the most popular and successful Republicans in the country

Conservative commentators who are typically Donald Trump's allies turned on the former president after he went after Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis on Saturday.

Trump mocked DeSantis as "Ron DeSanctimonious" while discussing the 2024 Republican presidential primary at a rally in Pennsylvania. The pair is widely considered to be the top contenders for the Republican nomination, though DeSantis has offered no indication he intends to run. Commentators called out Trump for creating division in the ranks just three days before the midterm elections.

"DeSantis is an extremely effective conservative governor who has had real policy wins and real cultural wins. Trump isn’t going to be able to take this one down with a dumb nickname. He better have more than that up his sleeve," wrote Matt Walsh, a commentator at The Daily Wire and a leading voice among social conservatives.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/conservatives-turn-trump-attacking-ron-desantis-ahead-midterms-what-idiot
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: President Trump launches attack on Ron DeSantis
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 12:48:48 PM »
All I can say is that Trump has lost my vote. DeSantis has been very gracious to Trump in public when asked if he would run against Trump. Trump is now attacking solid republicans in public for no other reason than they are potential rivals.

If Trump should become the republican nominee in 2024 and I can't stomach voting for his opponent then I will simply not vote.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 05:24:21 PM »
All I can say is that Trump has lost my vote. DeSantis has been very gracious to Trump in public when asked if he would run against Trump. Trump is now attacking solid republicans in public for no other reason than they are potential rivals.

If Trump should become the republican nominee in 2024 and I can't stomach voting for his opponent then I will simply not vote.

That's pretty much my view as well.

President Trump served his purpose: his ascendency in 2015-16 was a confluence of being the right person, in the right place and the right time. And he absolutely embarrassed Princes Cankles, which still brings a smile to my face. He rubs far too many conservatives the wrong way, including this recent violation of the Republican 11th Amendment: Thou shall not speak evil of other Republicans.

It isn't a perfect analogy, but President Trump should be the Don Corleone or king-maker of the conservative movement at this point. There are at least a dozen smart and more importantly polished potential Republican contenders for 2024. Not going to list them, but if y'all follow the potential Republican field, feel free to speculate.

Additionally, the conservative tree of Republican leadership needs to be shaken up. Mitch McConnell should be replaced with someone younger. Tom Cotton, Ted Cruz, Joni Ernst, Tim Scott, or Rand Paul would make a FAR better Senate Majority leader than that milquetoast dude. Maybe even John Kennedy, since he's really smart and incredibly sharp with a quip.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy is linguistically challenged, although he seems to be a solid conservative. Perhaps a Jim Jordan or Steve Scalise would be far better at the oratory skills needed.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 06:18:36 PM »
Agreed with both Ralphie and FlaGator. Donald, you screwed the pooch and it could very well cost you the nomination which you clearly are going to seek.

Sometimes, Donald, you're your own worst enemy. STFU once in a while and you'll be OK. Attack a potential candidate in the manner you did just shows your own insecurity.

Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 10:31:02 PM »
It's strategic and both guys are in on it.

This ties the media up.

And loosens both camps up.

My vote for President is still with Trump because he'll run America like a successful business-model again.  My vote for DeSantis is for the Governor Of Florida.

'Swampification' by fiat is working for DeSantis and Florida right now.  Theoretically, he'll have to de-couple from it for a Presidential-run with Trump as the head of the Party.  Otherwise, he'll likely be soft-soaped by Paul Ryan & Co. into working with the other side of aisle blah blah  Those days are over.   

Don's giving Ron a dose of 'tough love'. 

Kari Lake on the other hand, comes already de-coupled from the swamp-network.

The facts are:  it's 2022, Trump is the leader of the Party (not Mitch), and he hasn't announced if he's running in 2024.     

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 04:08:30 PM »
We got 2 years before the presidential election.  No one has announced they are running.  Let's get through these midterms, see who the options actually are on both sides, and then start making decisions. 

It's well established that Trump often talks faster than he thinks.  DeSanctimonious may just be another cofveve moment.  I don't know.  We are still deep in "wait and see" territory on anything related to 2024, IMHO.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.