Author Topic: In fascist letter, Salvador Dali called for slavery of ‘all coloured races’  (Read 385 times)

Offline SVPete

In fascist letter, Salvador Dali called for slavery of ‘all coloured races’

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/in-fascist-letter-salvador-dali-called-for-slavery-of-all-coloured-races-20220902-p5besz.html

Madrid: Salvador Dalí wanted to enslave races he considered inferior and establish a new “sadistic” world religion, a newly discovered letter has revealed.

In the letter, which was written by Dalí in 1935, the artist proposed the enslavement of “all the coloured races” as part of a new world order that would be “anti-Christian and materialistic, based on the progress of science”.

“The domination or submission to slavery of all the coloured races” could be possible, Dalí wrote, “if all whites united fanatically”. He also insisted on the need for “human sacrifices”.

As Europe was threatened by the fascist regimes of Hitler in Germany and Mussolini in Italy, Dalí‘s letter to André Breton, the French writer and co-founder of the surrealist movement, speaks of the need for “new hierarchies, more brutal and strict than ever before” to “annihilate” Christianity.

“I believe that we surrealists are finally turning into priests,” Dalí wrote.

Scornful of Christianity’s “altruism”, he added: “We don’t want happiness for ‘all’ men, rather the happiness of some to the detriment of others”.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
I'm not sure there's a lot to worry about with this one.

Dali's dead and has been for a long time.  :whistling:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline SVPete

I'm not sure there's a lot to worry about with this one.

Dali's dead and has been for a long time.  :whistling:

True. He just illustrates what libs and materialists say and are when they think only similarly minded libs and materialists looking.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
True. He just illustrates what libs and materialists say and are when they think only similarly minded libs and materialists looking.

Shouldn't be a surprise at all. Some of that started with Nietzsche (who no doubt was prompted by some other "philosopher"), ran to Marx, and is still happening with those who simply don't learn from history.

The best part about Dali was his mustache. IMHO.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Drafe Hoblin

I can only surmise that he freely back-benched himself as a surrealist being a surrealist.  (Never an activist)  None of his art ever trumpeted anything overtly political.  Even Geopoliticus Child just featured a human busting-out of a world globe.

He was devoted to his wife, who never seemed actively political either.

I know that Andre Breton was why Dali always walked around with an anteater-on-a-leash.  It supposedly symbolized Breton's friendship.  That's how these guys think.  And they were already on hand before WW1.  They assigned themselves far, far loftier places in the firmament than where they regarded raving, 2-bit Austrian housepainters should occupy.

Not defending the letter.  Just throwing some dada-points... oops 'data-points' out there.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
I can only surmise that he freely back-benched himself as a surrealist being a surrealist.  (Never an activist)  None of his art ever trumpeted anything overtly political.  Even Geopoliticus Child just featured a human busting-out of a world globe.

He was devoted to his wife, who never seemed actively political either.

I know that Andre Breton was why Dali always walked around with an anteater-on-a-leash.  It supposedly symbolized Breton's friendship.  That's how these guys think.  And they were already on hand before WW1.  They assigned themselves far, far loftier places in the firmament than where they regarded raving, 2-bit Austrian housepainters should occupy.

Not defending the letter.  Just throwing some dada-points... oops 'data-points' out there.

What I know about Dali, I'll wager your last sentence hits the nail on the head.  Being bizarre for the sake of being bizarre.  Saying things that would get reactions solely for the point of getting reactions.  He probably didn't give two taco tuesday squirts about nazis, slavery, Christianity or any other movement, just pot stirring.   
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
He is still my favorite artist and I base this view entirely on his body of work and not his political/social views.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.