Author Topic: ESPN features Barack H. Obama during MNF encouraging people to vote Democrat  (Read 410 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Thanks, Obama.

No. 44, Barack Obama, joined Monday night’s ManningCast for a quick segment with Eli and Peyton Manning. Obama used most of his airtime to remind viewers to go out and vote, two weeks before the crucial midterm elections on Nov. 9.

Was it a well-timed play by ESPN to invite the most popular Democrat on the roster to tell others to vote, leading them to a DNC-backed website? …

Would ESPN have the gall to invite a Republican president on air to voice the importance of voting?

“If you’re unhappy with how things are, the good news is the way our system’s set up; you can actually bring about some change. As we see in sports, you know, when teams are playing together they can play better than if they are divided.

“Obviously, in the country right now, sometimes people get sick and tired of politics because there’s so much yacking and bickering. Political reporting is a lot like sports reporting. People are always looking for controversy. And … to stir stuff up because that’s clickbait and attracts attention.

“Most people don’t think that way. Most people are just trying to figure out, you know, how to do right by my family. On the job. and when we don’t participate, then we leave it to folks whose business it is to divide. …. IWillVote.com. Make sure the decency of the American people is reflected in our results.”

https://www.outkick.com/obama-joins-monday-night-football-to-remind-people-to-vote-democrat/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

I'm so old that I remember networks making a big deal about OhBummer!'s March Madness college basketball brackets. How is OhBummer! even slightly relevant to anything football? ESPN made a grossly obvious in-kind contribution to Dem Party candidates.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Who gave Li'l Bitch permission to spit Big Mike's cock out of his mouth long enough to speak?
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

I'm so old that I remember networks making a big deal about OhBummer!'s March Madness college basketball brackets. How is OhBummer! even slightly relevant to anything football? ESPN made a grossly obvious in-kind contribution to Dem Party candidates.

Yeah, that was always treated as "Breaking News" when 0bama unveiled his brackets for 8 years. Much akin to people who talk about their Fantasy Football team, no one cares how one's March madness brackets are doing. :whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

Grew up watching ESPN having been a sports fan since I was a pre-teen, and still watch but only for the live sporting events that only they air. Used to religiously watch SportsCenter and some of their other opinion shows. About 10 years ago, the coverage completely changed, along with injecting politics where it doesn't belong. About 90% of what they now cover involves the NFL and NBA. Roy Halladay tossed a no-hitter in the MLB playoffs about 10 years ago, and it was something like the 5th story ESPN covered after more important Week 6 of the NFL and NBA pre-season stories.

They're turning off viewers but won't even make a course correction. Sucks to be them.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
... About 10 years ago, the coverage completely changed, along with injecting politics where it doesn't belong.

They're turning off viewers but won't even make a course correction. Sucks to be them.

Just out of curiosity, what other politicians other than Reggie Love's Love Chile spew political crap on a sports network?

Something tells me it isn't about the viewers -- it's about the sponsors. As long as the sponsors (many of them big corporations, I'd bet) are digging deep, the viewers can go to hell.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

Just out of curiosity, what other politicians other than Reggie Love's Love Chile spew political crap on a sports network?

Something tells me it isn't about the viewers -- it's about the sponsors. As long as the sponsors (many of them big corporations, I'd bet) are digging deep, the viewers can go to hell.

Other than live sporting events, which us sports fans are forced to watch when ESPN and their family of networks are covering them, their daily gab fests/talk shows and even their signature show "SportsCenter" have hemorrhaged viewers. Yet ESPN and their parent company Disney are raising rates to their cable/satellite providers which are passed onto the consumer. Because my alma mater's conference has an agreement to air a lot of their basketball games on the ESPN+ service, I do subscribe. Additionally they recently raised the monthly rate from $6.99 to $10.99 (or $60/year to $100 per year).

Big corporate sponsors are still attracted to the live sports programming because they draw eyeballs. If ESPN and the other networks start migrating everything to the "PLUS" services to placate the cord-cutting crowd, it will piss off a lot people, myself included.