Author Topic: Twitterati Mob attacks legendary sports broadcaster for "dissing" Taylor Swift  (Read 403 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Al Michaels' Comments about Taylor Swift on Thursday Night Football Blasted On Social Media

The Arizona Cardinals' 42-34 win over the New Orleans Saints Thursday night left social media buzzing, but not for reasons you might expect.

Prime Video's play-by-play announcer Al Michaels made some comments during the game related to singer Taylor Swift.

During the broadcast, the music superstar teased her new album "Midnights," and Michaels proceeded to make comments about what he believed was the target demographic for Swift's music.

"You have four sons. If you had a daughter, she’d be over the moon. I have a granddaughter who is completely over the moon right now … Nobody more popular among the teenage girl group than Taylor Swift," Michaels told broadcasting partner Kirk Herbstreit during the "TNF" broadcast.

It is important to note, that he did follow up those comments by adding Swift is a "fantastic performer." But his initial comments did not go over well on Twitter.

The 32-year-old singer has won 11 Grammy Awards and men, women, teenagers and celebrities have been known to be fans of her music. However, a large part of her fan base consists of young females.

Michaels' comments were a reflection of his personal views about the music, but Twitter largely voiced its displeasure about the comments.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/twitter-explodes-over-al-michaels-comments-during-thursday-night-football

I'm going to make an analogy, if y'all don't mind. Say the equally legendary Howard Cosell, John Madden, Keith Jackson, or Pat Summerall made a comment about Madonna in the early-mid 1980's.

This is reason #1.8 million that I don't bother with Twitter.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Al Michaels' Comments about Taylor Swift on Thursday Night Football Blasted On Social Media

The Arizona Cardinals' 42-34 win over the New Orleans Saints Thursday night left social media buzzing, but not for reasons you might expect.

Prime Video's play-by-play announcer Al Michaels made some comments during the game related to singer Taylor Swift.

During the broadcast, the music superstar teased her new album "Midnights," and Michaels proceeded to make comments about what he believed was the target demographic for Swift's music.

"You have four sons. If you had a daughter, she’d be over the moon. I have a granddaughter who is completely over the moon right now … Nobody more popular among the teenage girl group than Taylor Swift," Michaels told broadcasting partner Kirk Herbstreit during the "TNF" broadcast.

It is important to note, that he did follow up those comments by adding Swift is a "fantastic performer." But his initial comments did not go over well on Twitter.

The 32-year-old singer has won 11 Grammy Awards and men, women, teenagers and celebrities have been known to be fans of her music. However, a large part of her fan base consists of young females.

Michaels' comments were a reflection of his personal views about the music, but Twitter largely voiced its displeasure about the comments.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/twitter-explodes-over-al-michaels-comments-during-thursday-night-football

I'm going to make an analogy, if y'all don't mind. Say the equally legendary Howard Cosell, John Madden, Keith Jackson, or Pat Summerall made a comment about Madonna in the early-mid 1980's.

This is reason #1.8 million that I don't bother with Twitter.

I don't watch football and I damn sure don't do Twitter. Do I need to say that I don't listen to Taylor Swift?

When she can stop auto-tuning, she might have reason to have an audience. Until then, fuggedaboudit.  :bs:   :loser:  Yeah, she's got a lot of money, but that doesn't mean she's any kind of musician.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I don't watch football and I damn sure don't do Twitter. Do I need to say that I don't listen to Taylor Swift?

When she can stop auto-tuning, she might have reason to have an audience. Until then, fuggedaboudit.  :bs:   :loser:  Yeah, she's got a lot of money, but that doesn't mean she's any kind of musician.

While I do follow the NFL, don't have Amazon Prime and wasn't watching. Although I love the legendary broadcaster Al Michaels, he of the famous "Do You Believe in Miracles" from the 1980 U.S. Hockey team beating the U.S.S.R. With the money that I fork out for DirecTV, that sort of thing should be comped. While I understand the young "cable-cutters", it isn't worth my $$$ to pay more all these PLUS services.

As for Ms. Swift, she certainly has a beautiful voice. Just don't follow her and find this whole online "Swifty" mob creepy. As I posited in my OP, she's akin to Madonna 35 years ago.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender