Author Topic: Fact Check: Obamacare Failed  (Read 227 times)

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Fact Check: Obamacare Failed
« on: October 17, 2022, 05:27:09 AM »
Not surprisingly, Obamacare - the legacy of Barry Soetoro - is a failure. The tail end of this article is quoted below with the link to the article below that.

The bottom line is that Obamacare cost increases have been astronomical and underreported. Those increases have been mitigated by subsidies, but at great expense (also underreported). Finally, Obamacare’s complexity was unnecessary as 60% of the increase in the number of people covered was due to Medicaid expansion, which could have been accomplished without Obamacare.

That Obamacare could pass and be touted as a success because some people now have coverage is appalling.  At what cost? A 172% increase in cost, when healthcare costs in the rest of the market increased just 24% (based on medical CPI)?

How could Obamacare have been passed given these cost increases? This quote suggests an answer: “Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage, and basically call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical to getting the thing to pass.” – Jonathan Gruber, ACA architect, 2013

https://issuesinsights.com/2022/10/17/fact-check-obamacare-failed/#respond
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline Old n Grumpy

Re: Fact Check: Obamacare Failed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 05:05:39 PM »
It’s not the stupidity of the voters, it’s the corruption of the politician’s.

If it was such a good idea they wouldn’t have delayed it’s implementation till after the elections.  :thatsright:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
Re: Fact Check: Obamacare Failed
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 05:32:33 PM »
It’s not the stupidity of the voters, it’s the corruption of the politician’s.

If it was such a good idea they wouldn’t have delayed it’s implementation till after the elections.  :thatsright:

If it was such a good idea, the private insurance companies would have implemented it without the bloated bureaucracy of the Federal Gub'mint 30 years before Reggie Love's Li'l Bitch bought young snot-nosed votes with his bait and switch con.
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus