Author Topic: California Bans Selling Women’s Products For More Money Than Men’s  (Read 296 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a measure into law last month that doesn’t allow businesses to sell products for women at a higher price than they are sold to men.

The law, AB 1287, states that a business or other entity “shall not charge a different price for any two goods that are substantially similar if those goods are priced differently based on the gender of the individuals for whom the goods are marketed and intended.”

In the bill, “substantially similar” means two products where there are “no substantial differences in the materials used in production,” “the intended use is similar,” “the functional design and features are similar,” and “the brand is the same or both brands are owned by the same individual or entity.”

However, the law notably allows price disparities for specific reasons. It points out that costs of items can be different if the price is based on how much time it takes to make the items, how difficult it is to make them, the “cost incurred in manufacturing,” “the labor used,” the materials used,” as well as “any other gender-neutral reason for charging a different price for those goods.”

A company could face a fine of $10,000 for an initial violation, and $1,000 for each following violation, not totaling to more than $100,000.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-bans-selling-womens-products-for-more-money-than-mens

Isn't it problematic to call something a "woman's" product?
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
Re: California Bans Selling Women’s Products For More Money Than Men’s
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2022, 10:38:19 AM »
Democratic California Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a measure into law last month that doesn’t allow businesses to sell products for women at a higher price than they are sold to men.

The law, AB 1287, states that a business or other entity “shall not charge a different price for any two goods that are substantially similar if those goods are priced differently based on the gender of the individuals for whom the goods are marketed and intended.”

In the bill, “substantially similar” means two products where there are “no substantial differences in the materials used in production,” “the intended use is similar,” “the functional design and features are similar,” and “the brand is the same or both brands are owned by the same individual or entity.”

However, the law notably allows price disparities for specific reasons. It points out that costs of items can be different if the price is based on how much time it takes to make the items, how difficult it is to make them, the “cost incurred in manufacturing,” “the labor used,” the materials used,” as well as “any other gender-neutral reason for charging a different price for those goods.”

A company could face a fine of $10,000 for an initial violation, and $1,000 for each following violation, not totaling to more than $100,000.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/california-bans-selling-womens-products-for-more-money-than-mens

Isn't it problematic to call something a "woman's" product?

What is a woman?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2022, 10:52:16 AM »
I was shocked when Mrs E showed me her made-for-women jeans, which had a pocket you MIGHT be able to get a thimble in. Virtually zero space. So right off the bat, jeans won't be one of those items that Governor Hairstyle can look towards.

I suppose the ubiquitous bolts-through-the-nose and other "jewelry" reminiscent of cattle might be part of the schtick...
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2022, 10:54:51 AM »
Lawsuit in 3...2...1

Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2022, 12:49:28 PM »
Just more meaningless bull shit from the woke crowd over there,
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Dblhaul

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2022, 09:52:02 PM »
This is what California politicians spend their time on. Just one more reason to never go to the sunshine state.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2022, 03:43:19 PM »
Florida is the sunshine state.

California is the golden state. but should be re named the state of confusion!! :thatsright: :-)
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!