Author Topic: It is "ableist" to criticize a Lib, but not a conservative  (Read 224 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
It is "ableist" to criticize a Lib, but not a conservative
« on: October 13, 2022, 06:30:42 PM »
Let’s flash back to a time when there was no lib media ‘uproar over ableism’ in a Senate race (guess why)

People who are questioning John Fetterman’s fitness to serve in the Senate after having a stroke are being accused of “ableism.” Not only that, but Buzzfeed’s reporting that an MSNBC journo who simply pointed out that Fetterman relied on a computer transcription program during her interview with him will increase violence against the disabled.

However, imagine if the parties were reversed…

~ Being a Twitchy Link, lots of Tweets ~

Back in 2010, the Chicago Tribune endorsed Republican Rep. Mark Kirk for Senate, citing his “expertise and independence.” He won.

But today, as Kirk faces a very tough reelection bid, the paper is endorsing his opponent. And it’s offering a very blunt and likely controversial reason for not backing Kirk again: the stroke he suffered in 2012.

The paper’s endorsement of Rep. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) over Kirk is remarkable for the degree to which it references Kirk’s stroke and his — in its estimation — lack of a full recovery.

https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/10/13/lets-flash-back-to-a-time-when-there-was-no-lib-media-uproar-over-ableism-in-a-senate-race-guess-why/

And then there's this: comparisons of Fetter "Woman" to Stephen Hawking:

We’re at the point where we’re comparing John Fetterman to Stephen Hawking

As you certainly know by now, an NBC News reporter is in hot water for saying that Pennsylvania Senate candidate John Fetterman had difficulty with the interview, which was close captioned. As Twitchy reported, there have been countless accusations of “ableism” and just as many people tying themselves into knots trying to convince us that Fetterman is ready to serve as a senator. CNN’s Sanjay Gupta brought out a model brain to show what’s going on inside Fetterman’s head.

How is this different from Sen. Tammy Duckworth needing a wheelchair? He’s just hard of hearing … would you throw someone out of the Senate who wears glasses? Suppose they depend on corrective lenses to do their jobs? No, seriously:

Will astrophysicists be comfortable with someone representing their profession who has to communicate this way??

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/13/were-at-the-point-where-were-comparing-john-fetterman-to-stephen-hawking/

Just one more:

The View hosts go on the defensive for Fetterman, blaming NBC interviewer

The hosts of The View attempted to reverse the recent coverage of senatorial candidate John Fetterman (D-PA) on Thursday's episode.

Whoopi Goldberg and Sunny Hostin turned their attention to NBC’s Dasha Burns, who interviewed Fetterman and claimed it was difficult for him to understand small talk. Burns was the first to interview Fetterman in-person on television. Hostin claimed it was “inappropriate” for Burns to comment on his competence at all.

“Maybe she’s bad at small talk," Goldberg said. "Maybe it was her."

Goldberg was inadvertently paraphrasing the same argument made by Kara Swisher of the New York Times. Swisher similarly decided that Burns is “just bad at small talk” and that her reporting is “nonsense.”

“Maybe it’s her,” Hostin said in return. The former lawyer went on to defend Fetterman, who required a transcription device during his interview with Burns.

"I don’t know about everybody else, but I love closed captions. I watch all my series [with] closed captions because I can’t sometimes understand the accents that people are using. And I don’t understand things," Hostin said. "And it’s very helpful in terms of processing. And I don’t have a cognitive disorder."

Fetterman still slurred some words during his interview ahead of his battle against Mehmet Oz for the open Senate seat in the Keystone State, with a single debate between the two candidates scheduled for Oct. 25 in Harrisburg.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/the-view-hosts-on-defensive-fetterman

Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
Re: It is "ableist" to criticize a Lib, but not a conservative
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2022, 07:43:21 PM »
I was thinking along these same lines a few days ago. In my view, the same argument that many of us use today regarding SharterJoe (obvious mental decline, inability to communicate clearly, fails to exhibit an image of physical and mental strength, etc.) should be used against Fetterman.

I'm no politician, but to me a big part of being a U.S. Senator is communicating. Whether with constituents, other senators, or other interest parties (lobbyists), it's vital that the senator be able to clearly communicate.

Duckworth is in a wheelchair. That doesn't preclude her from communicating. Hawking was relegated to not only his wheelchair, but a relatively complex computer system that he used to communicate. Not very practical in the Capitol building.

Fetterman is currently the PA Lt. Gov. How is he able to do his current job when he's so obviously incapable of communicating?

So while a stroke isn't necessarily tied to age, as is SharterJoe's dementia, the end result is the same -- a failure to communicate.

I give you Strother Martin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WUyZXhLHMk
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.