Author Topic: ‘Scooby-Doo’s’ Velma ‘Officially Gay’  (Read 367 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
‘Scooby-Doo’s’ Velma ‘Officially Gay’
« on: October 04, 2022, 05:59:56 PM »
As if anyone cares about a fictional character and their sexuality...

Producers of Warner Bros.’ the latest Scooby-Doo cartoon, Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!, have officially confirmed that team sleuth Velma Dinkley is a lesbian as she appears to get googly-eyed over a new female character.

LGBTQ fans of the series have for years insisted that the turtleneck-sweatered, be-speckled Velma is gay, or bi, or some such thing. And other producers have also reported trying to make the character explicitly gay. Yet until now, there has never been any obvious allusions to her LGBTQ sexuality on the screen.

https://www.breitbart.com/entertainment/2022/10/04/scooby-doos-velma-officially-gay-as-she-swoons-for-female-character/
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline SVPete

Re: ‘Scooby-Doo’s’ Velma ‘Officially Gay’
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 06:36:47 PM »
My world is shattered! I had the hots for Velma!!!

JK
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:35:15 PM »
Makes sense, actually. After all, Scooby was a Great Dane.

I'll just let that one sit there and stew a while.  :naughty:
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 07:54:37 AM »
She likes the art museum, she don't like Pavlov's dog.
She fun at the mind museum, she likes it in a London fog.
She don't like other women, she likes whips and chains.
She likes cocaine and filppin' out with great Danes.
She's about all I can handle, it's too much for my brain.

ZZ Top - Got Me Under Pressure
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 09:06:36 AM »
If the left would look at such things through their own vision, they would stop randomly changing established characters just to insert whatever this week's diversity flavor of the month is.  What is the difference between removing references to fictional character's sexuality (off hand, pretty sure there are non-straight relationships and activities in several mythologies from around the world that have been cleaned up for the kiddies) and adding them to modern popular stories just for "representation"?  What's the difference in whitewashing Jesus and realizing Michelangelo's David isn't circumcised?  Both reflect historical inaccuracies.  How is this changing of pop history different than Victorians scrubbing the fancy paint jobs off medieval armor or making up torture devices? 

If the alphabet soup crowd wants pop representation, take the time, create characters people enjoy and that can stand the tests of time, and wait in line to become established in culture.  Quit trying to ride coat tails, make your own creations, spend the time building them into something people like, wait for those creations to cement themselves into culture.  The insertion that keeps happening gives the impression that non-white and alphabet soup creations can't hold their own against the mighty Western Civilization machine.  Doesn't that discourage imagination and creativity?  Doesn't slapping a coat of paint on known characters imply the soft bigotry of low expectations?   :ranton:
Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline Eupher

• U.S. Army, Retired
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 09:28:59 AM »
If the alphabet soup crowd wants pop representation, take the time, create characters people enjoy and that can stand the tests of time, and wait in line to become established in culture. 

Nice rant. H5.

Here's the rub. In today's culture, which manifests itself as a gotta-have-it-now, immediate-payoff-for-me mindset, there is no room to wait for anything -- unless it's the next iPhone, which they gotta have. Waiting to have a character, or much of anything, become established in culture is as phony as Shaggy's wannabe beard. Ain't gonna happen.
Adams E2 Euphonium, built in 2017
Boosey & Co. Imperial Euphonium, built in 1941
Edwards B454 bass trombone, built 2012
Bach Stradivarius 42OG tenor trombone, built 1992
Kanstul 33-T BBb tuba, built 2011
Fender Precision Bass Guitar, built ?
Mouthpiece data provided on request.

Offline enslaved1

• If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn?
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 10:50:26 AM »
Nice rant. H5.

Here's the rub. In today's culture, which manifests itself as a gotta-have-it-now, immediate-payoff-for-me mindset, there is no room to wait for anything -- unless it's the next iPhone, which they gotta have. Waiting to have a character, or much of anything, become established in culture is as phony as Shaggy's wannabe beard. Ain't gonna happen.

Why, thank you.

Your rub is exactly right, instant gratification plays a huge part in so much of this and so many other issues we see in our culture right now.  Add in our overall short attention span as a society, and you have another example of Calvin the prophet hitting another nail on the head

Romans 6:17-18 But thanks be to God, that you who were once slaves of sin have become obedient from the heart to the standard of teaching to which you were committed, and, having been set free from sin, have become slaves of righteousness.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2022, 11:41:01 AM »
Adulterating what exists is easier than creating something new.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 02:28:45 PM »
It’s not only instant gratification, it’s spoiling things that people enjoy. :mad:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!