Author Topic: Newsom asks DOJ to consider 'kidnapping' charges by GOP Governors  (Read 327 times)

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Newsom asks DOJ to consider 'kidnapping' charges by GOP Governors
« on: September 15, 2022, 04:48:54 PM »
Gavin Newsom asks DOJ to consider 'kidnapping' charges after GOP governors ship migrants out of state

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has asked the Department of Justice to look into whether sending migrants to other parts of the country constituted kidnapping or other federal crimes.

In a letter to Attorney General Merrick Garland, Newsom asked whether actions by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis sending illegal immigrants from their respective states to destinations such as New York City, Washington, D.C. Chicago, and Martha's Vineyard were illegal.

"Several of the individuals who were transported to Martha’s Vineyard have alleged that a recruiter induced them to accept the offer of travel based on false representations that they would be transported to Boston and would receive expedited access to work authorization," Newsom wrote. "I urge US DOJ to investigate whether the alleged fraudulent inducement would support charges of kidnapping under relevant state laws."

DeSantis most recently sent migrants to Massachusetts on Wednesday after promising he would relocate them to a "sanctuary destination."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gavin-newsom-asks-consider-kidnapping-charges-gop-governors-ship-migrants-out-state
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline Drafe Hoblin

Re: Newsom asks DOJ to consider 'kidnapping' charges by GOP Governors
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2022, 09:38:56 PM »
Lol... Breitbart's headline is: Newsom Begs DOJ...

I tend to think that one is nearer in-spirit to the amateur power-seekers on Newsom's team.

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 06:38:32 PM »
From what I understand the illegals were asked if they were willing to go and when they agreed off they went. Where is the kidnapping? I think Newsome is upset that when they were asked if they wanted to go to California they all declined.
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2022, 08:37:22 AM »
DeSantis response to Newsom: "I think his hair gel is interfering with his brain function."

Newsom’s pitiful response was to challenge DeSantis to a debate. He has no concept just how weak that makes Charlie Crist look.
Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline ADsOutburst

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2022, 10:56:46 AM »
From what I understand the illegals were asked if they were willing to go and when they agreed off they went. Where is the kidnapping? I think Newsome is upset that when they were asked if they wanted to go to California they all declined.

As I said in another thread, they know their reaction to the voluntary relocation makes them look bad. Histrionics are one of the democrats' great strengths.

DeSantis response to Newsom: "I think his hair gel is interfering with his brain function."

Newsom’s pitiful response was to challenge DeSantis to a debate. He has no concept just how weak that makes Charlie Crist look.

And that's impressive, considering it would be hard to make Crist look any weaker.