Author Topic: the nl east and the nl west will be a RACE down to the wire.  (Read 48239 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Re: the nl east and the nl west are gioing to be a RACE!
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »

too late.  :-) I am going to have a running baseball thread, mA.  you can't stop me. :uhsure:
now you are hiding them from me? did you think I wouldn't find out?
all the signs were there:
coming home late
not wanting to spend time with me
not really listening to my needs, my wants...
staying up all night
"nothing" when I asked what you were doing...
 :bawl:

the pine rosin on my collar was the final straw, wasn't it? :(

mA, you have to resign yourself to certain things.  One of them is the fact that Wretch and I are baseball fans, and we'll be posting on baseball stuff even in the offseason. :tongue:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2008, 11:48:06 AM »

too late.  :-) I am going to have a running baseball thread, mA.  you can't stop me. :uhsure:
coming home late
staying up all night

mA, you have to resign yourself to certain things.  One of them is the fact that Wretch and I are baseball fans, and we'll be posting on baseball stuff even in the offseason. :tongue:

hell, yes!  you can't run the risk of leaving any off-season trades undiscussed.  that would be sacrilege. :-)

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2008, 01:54:37 PM »

coming home late
staying up all night

hell, yes!  you can't run the risk of leaving any off-season trades undiscussed.  that would be sacrilege. :-)

And, the free-agent signing period begins 15 days after the end of the World Series. :cheersmate:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2008, 08:20:12 PM »

coming home late
staying up all night

HA!  I refuse to accept defeat, the day I and the 38C girls come in second place to a bunch of men running around in tight pants playing kids games is the day I slink quietly into a corner..and you know that ain't happening! :hammer:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
LA beat the padres tonight to remain 2.5 behind Az.  that's 3 wins in a row. if they do this again tomorrow night, that would be a winning streak freaking miracle :hyper: :-)

fixd
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 09:09:16 PM »

coming home late
staying up all night

HA!  I refuse to accept defeat, the day I and the 38C girls come in second place to a bunch of men running around in tight pants playing kids games is the day I slink quietly into a corner..and you know that ain't happening! :hammer:

pssst. they got 38C girls at the ballpark.  wearin' bikini tops a lot of the time.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 09:48:41 PM »

coming home late
staying up all night

pssst. they got 38C girls at the ballpark.  wearin' bikini tops a lot of the time.
yeah, but I'm the only one with a set of those that will give you the time of the day  :tongue:

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 10:24:47 PM »

coming home late
staying up all night

yeah, but I'm the only one with a set of those that will give you the time of the day  :tongue:

you completely sure about that? :uhsure: :whatever: :-) :tongue:

Offline Wretched Excess

Re: the nl east and the nl west will be a RACE down to the wire.
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 10:31:23 PM »

berroa got a ground ball stuck in his shirt at shirt tonight. :whatever:  that's not the way you want to make the highlight reel;  as a blooper.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »
I bet the Rangers game didn't have 4,000+ in attendance tonight. It was a damn ghost-town out there.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:14 PM »
the cubs and the stros are tied in the 10th.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2008, 10:51:56 PM »
I bet the Rangers game didn't have 4,000+ in attendance tonight. It was a damn ghost-town out there.

the box score says 14K. but I think they count tickets sold, including no shows.

Offline morningAngel

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2008, 12:08:37 AM »

coming home late
staying up all night

absolutely   :-*

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2008, 12:42:03 AM »

coming home late
staying up all night

absolutely   :-*

It's ****in 1:42 AM EDT.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 03:11:28 AM »
Even though Niese didn't last half as long as I predicted, and gave up more than double the runs, the Mets won in 10 innings.  The bullpen has suddenly gone effective.  Not that that's a bad thing, mind you; it's just one of these unpredictable things.

Chase her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 07:44:23 AM »

LA put a snowman on the board last night, and then managed to avoid another late inning bullpen
meltdown to win 8-4.  3 HRs last night.  and with Az losing, the NL west race tightened to a game
and a half.

the dodgers sported an infield of blake dewitt and angel berroa last night, which doesn't bode well
for the future . . . even though dewitt did homer in the fourth.  andre either was a double short of
the cycle.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 08:00:38 AM »
the cubs and the stros are tied in the 10th.

The Cubs are trying to let the Brewers gain some ground to make the Central more interesting, but the Brewcrew jsut can't seem to get it done.  :rotf:

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2008, 04:32:57 PM »
In the matinee in Miller Park today, Ryan Church hit a grand slam in the first inning--coupled with a Carlos Delgado RBI single, and a Brian Schneider solo shot, also in the first inning.  Ollie Perez allowed two runs over 6 2/3rds innings, then the bullpen came in and shut things down.  The Amazins' added two more runs in the top of the eighth, and another in the top of the ninth.  Mets win 9-2, and sweep the Brewers.  The Mets were 6-2 on this road trip, and have one more road trip--to Washington and Atlanta.

Chase her.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2008, 06:15:52 PM »
If the Brewers keep losing like that, they'll let Cubs coast into the playoffs.

Offline Odin's Hand

• is your new god!
  • Quarters Champion
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2008, 10:28:00 PM »
If the Brewers keep losing like that, they'll let Cubs coast into the playoffs.

and Zambrano will be rested, providing that his rotator cuff isn't torn and merely strained, until the playoffs.
"Hell is full of good wishes and desires"~St. Bernhard of Clairvaux

"Brave men are found where brave men are honored."~Aristotle

"Generally speaking, the "Way of the Warrior" is resolute acceptance of death."~ Miyamoto Musashi

Offline thundley4

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2008, 08:16:06 AM »
They are even going to rest Harden and let him basically skip a start.  Fortunately the Cubs have some qualified starters in the pen.  Not great starters, but good enough, if the offense learns to hit again.

Offline Red October

• Future All Star
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2008, 07:33:39 AM »
Because of the RNC I didn't even notice the past two days of baseball, but my Phils just dropped a series to WASHINGTON.  And we open against New York tonight.

Offline BlueStateSaint

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2008, 06:09:36 AM »
Brett Myers pitched a good game, and Mike Pelfrey made a couple of mistakes.  Phillthies win the first round, 3-zip.

Chase her.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2008, 06:11:20 PM »

LA scored 7 runs against Az for the second game in a row, and take a microscopic .5 game lead
in the NL west. 

I told you this thing was going to be good. :-) and I also said that if we could get to september
without Az putting the dodgers away, that I liked our chances.  well, we're there. 

watch them make a liar out of me.  they do it every year. :-)

Offline jendf

« Reply #49 on: September 06, 2008, 06:48:39 PM »
That was abyssmal. Webb's and Cruz's crappy pitchy outings. Upton's missed catch in the outfield. Argh. We can't blame this on anyone else but ourselves. Our bullpen and offense are on life support. What happened? 

It's just a 1 1/2 game lead by the Dodgers in the division but based on today's D-backs performance, I suddenly have this urge to go cry in the corner.  :bawl:

I think the organization cursed it. Yeah, that's it.  :evillaugh: They started taking entries for the postseason tickets lottery. I signed up the first day. I blew it!  :-)