Author Topic: FINALLY, football's back  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
  • One more month, and I can forget about Obama.
FINALLY, football's back
« on: August 28, 2008, 08:32:55 AM »
The 'Canes take the first step back from the abyss tonight against Charleston Southern.  This will be a good tune up for the chance to shock the world in Gainesville Sept 6th. 

Tim Tebow will be trying for a second Heisman, and would probably get it just for showing up.  Tim Tebow is college football's Obama aka walks on water.

Ohio State is still trying for a little national respect again this year, and could get it with a win over USC early in the season.  God knows, they won't get it in conference.:rolleyes:

The Bulldogs start the year #1 in the polls for the first time in school history.  The last time a Mark Richt school started the year #1?  1988 FSU.  The first game of the year?  31-0 loss to Miami.  YOU STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES.

God, I love college football.

GO CANES!!!!!!!!!!
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline Uhhuh35

• Subtle Like A Nuclear Weapon
Re: FINALLY, football's back
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 09:19:55 AM »
Charleston Southern? What's that, a glorified High School?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
— Albert Einstein.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 09:38:14 AM »
Charleston Southern? What's that, a glorified High School?

A great way to open the season for a team full of freshmen.
I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 12:21:01 PM »
I'll be watching NC State at So. Carolina and then flip back and forth once the Oregon State - Stanford game starts.

Other than that, Miami should win, but you're likely a year too early expecting much from them.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 03:38:58 PM »
I'll be watching NC State at So. Carolina and then flip back and forth once the Oregon State - Stanford game starts.

Other than that, Miami should win, but you're likely a year too early expecting much from them.

I don't expect too much.  Gotta crawl before you can walk.  I think the Gators are in for a tougher game than they expect, though.  Of course, I thought that before the OKlahoma game. :-)

Offline Thor

• General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!
  • In Memoriam
  • Native Texan & US Navy (ret)
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 03:42:10 PM »
:yawn:
"The state must declare the child to be the most precious treasure of the people. As long as the government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation."- IBID

I AM your General Ne'er Do Well, Troublemaker & All Around Meanie!!

"Congress has not unlimited powers to provide for the general welfare, but only those specifically enumerated."-Thomas Jefferson

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 05:22:14 PM »
Sweet days ahead. Nothing in the world like college football.  :cheersmate:

I like what Miami did this off season. Wish them well.

My Bucks have some work to do themselves, not recruiting obviously but, all on the field of course. I think we will be ready as the Ohio version of the "redeem team". Oh, and guess who's back... back again, James is back... tell a friend... guess who's back, guess who's back, guess who's back...
 :evillaugh:
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 05:41:52 PM »
I won't recognize college football until they have the reception rule to match the NFL (2 feet, kids) and the touch rule (if no one touches you, gogoogoa).

College football is for pussies.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 06:25:24 PM »

I am flipping back and forth between south carolina, the convention, and the dodgers.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 06:26:20 PM »
I won't recognize college football until they have the reception rule to match the NFL (2 feet, kids) and the touch rule (if no one touches you, gogoogoa).

you ever strapped on the pads with the pussies? :uhsure: :-)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 06:35:19 PM »

Naw, I just watched them grab each others' asses.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 06:41:17 PM »

dancin' in the minefield, FD.  as always. :-)  I would be disappointed if an entire day went by and you DIDN'T say something provocative.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 06:44:45 PM »

dancin' in the minefield, FD.  as always. :-)  I would be disappointed if an entire day went by and you DIDN'T say something provocative.

I live to serve.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 06:48:04 PM »

I live to mess with people.

fixed.  :wink:

Offline Chris_

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 07:00:58 PM »

I live to mess with people.

fixed.  :wink:

I thought I had Rove deactivate that mind-reading chip we had installed.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 10:04:39 AM »

Beats the hell out of the boring ass copycat NFL.  There are so many different offenses ran in the NFL, what 6 or 7 versions of the west coast offense?

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 10:35:19 AM »
Beats the hell out of the boring ass copycat NFL.

Without a doubt.  I used to like pro ball, but they're nothing but a bunch of prima donnas who are in it for the money.  The college players have their heart and soul into the game, and it shows up on the field.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Rebel Yell

• Redneck with a Brain
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
Beats the hell out of the boring ass copycat NFL.

Without a doubt.  I used to like pro ball, but they're nothing but a bunch of prima donnas who are in it for the money.  The college players have their heart and soul into the game, and it shows up on the field.

Exactly, even the best players in the country have to bust their asses week in and week out.  Randy Moss didn't take plays off in college.