Author Topic: New York Giants at Green Bay Packers -- NFC Championship game thread!  (Read 39365 times)

Offline Flame

Re: New York Giants at Green Bay Packers -- NFC Championship game thread!
« Reply #200 on: January 21, 2008, 08:04:02 AM »
ok, chick emotion here, but I'm glad the Giants kicker got the chance to kick the winning field goal, after those 2 misses.  And I was rooting for the Packers, too!

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #201 on: January 21, 2008, 08:45:20 AM »
Brett old bones could not take that extreme cold (-4 temp. with -24 wind chill) and he showed it in the 4th quarter. I could tell by looking at his face he was in pain. His nose was running and he looked terrible. I doubt that he will be back cause that cold weather was no fun. I was pulling for the Packers but would love to see a Manning brothers back to back repeat in the S.B. That would be sweet for those Manning haters.

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #202 on: January 21, 2008, 01:50:33 PM »
NYG - 23
GB - 20

Just sayin'. :rocker:
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2008, 01:54:41 PM »

my heart is a bloody green and gold mess right now. :bawl:

Ahh, you poor thing. 

GB had no business winning that game.  they were mediocre from the opening kickoff.

I am NOT ashamed of my love of the packers.  they were 8-8 last year, and 4-12 the year before.
I am sure favre will be back, and they will contend with your cowboys for the NFC championship.

You think Favre will be back?  One more season? 

Don't be ashamed of the Packers.  You're right they were not on the top of their game today.  They're an excellent team.  There's always next year. 

Favre had one of his best statistical years of his career, and he has a great young corps of receivers.  he'll be back.  there is almost no question.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2008, 01:55:47 PM »
NYG - 23
GB - 20

Just sayin'. :rocker:

I know, I know.  I was hoping it was all a bad dream, but I know. :(

Offline vftb

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2008, 02:04:03 PM »
Since the Bay Area no longer has a football team, I could easily become a Packer fan  :-) :-)

To err is human, to really **** things up you need a computer

Offline WinOne4TheGipper

• Enemy of DU
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2008, 03:50:04 PM »
I'm so sorry Packers fans.  It's so obvious what happened: I had a Packers avatar, so I ended up cursing you guys.  Again, I'm so sorry.  Now I'll just use a Patriots avvie. :-)
“Sometimes the curses of the godless sound better than the hallelujahs of the pious.”

Martin Luther

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2008, 10:42:44 PM »
This is my first time online since the game, and all I can say is, ya gotta hand it to the Giants (the Pack sure did) :bawl:

They played a great game and deserved to win.  It was really whiny and depressed at work today, and I'm about finished dissecting the what ifs and coulda/shouldas.

Congratulations to the Giants, I hope they kick the Pats ass in the Superbowl.

Rebel, you were right.   :bow:   I like my crow well done, if you don't mind, with a little guacamole on the side.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Atomic Lib Smasher

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2008, 09:05:34 PM »
My take: The Packers ****ed up, and basically gave it to crybaby Eli. Only good thing for me is that the Packers aren't going to be the ones to get spanked in the SuperBowl for Bellecheat to get his "perfect season". It's gonna be the G-Men.

Liberalism is the philosophy of the stupid! - Mark R. Levin

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2008, 09:06:54 PM »
My take: The Packers ****ed up, and basically gave it to crybaby Eli. Only good thing for me is that the Packers aren't going to be the ones to get spanked in the SuperBowl for Bellecheat to get his "perfect season". It's gonna be the G-Men.

that occurred to me.  it doesn't make me feel any better, but it has occurred to me.

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #210 on: January 22, 2008, 09:18:17 PM »

that occurred to me.  it doesn't make me feel any better, but it has occurred to me.

Doesn't help I had to deal with some nutcase asshat Bears' fan before the game either. Dude got all up in my face a few hours prior to the game at the smoke shop in my Packer hoodie, coat, and hat going into buy a few packs of cigarettes and a newspaper. He said some shit like "If the Bears played the Packers every game of the season, WE'D be in the playoffs!" If he wasn't 60 something years old (that's how he looked at least), he would have been spitting out broken teeth like a popcorn popper. I wore my Green Bay coat the next day just praying someone would be stupid enough to say something.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #211 on: January 22, 2008, 09:24:11 PM »

Doesn't help I had to deal with some nutcase asshat Bears' fan before the game either. Dude got all up in my face a few hours prior to the game at the smoke shop in my Packer hoodie, coat, and hat going into buy a few packs of cigarettes and a newspaper. He said some shit like "If the Bears played the Packers every game of the season, WE'D be in the playoffs!" If he wasn't 60 something years old (that's how he looked at least), he would have been spitting out broken teeth like a popcorn popper. I wore my Green Bay coat the next day just praying someone would be stupid enough to say something.

and if the lions or vikings, a.k.a. the rest of the NFCN, were the only opponents that the b**rs ever faced last year, they would have gone 0-16.  that's the thing about flukes;  they're really flukish, and usually completely meaningless.

Offline VelvetElvis

• Misunderestimated
  • Drill Sgt for the DeathSquadHateForce
« Reply #212 on: January 22, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »

And that fact still won't prevent us Packer fans from having to endure endless clips and replays of this nightmare on ESPN and NFL network as part of an "NFL'sGreatest Games" rotation either, WE.
Proud Member of the Death Squad Hate Force Since  1980

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #213 on: January 22, 2008, 09:38:51 PM »

And that fact still won't prevent us Packer fans from having to endure endless clips and replays of this nightmare on ESPN and NFL network as part of an "NFL'sGreatest Games" rotation either, WE.

I am trying to be deft at avoiding replays, opinions, analysis, or highlights of stuff I don't want to see.  I flipped the channel as the game clock clicked down to :00 last night, and football season ended for me.  so far, I have been relatively successful, but I some point, I am going to have to wallow in it, I am sure.

• Liberal Hunter
  • Just Say Nobama
« Reply #214 on: January 22, 2008, 09:41:00 PM »

Tell me about it. The next day, I didn't turn on ESPN, read the newspaper, log onto the Packers forum, nothing. But I'm sure they're not done dragging all this shit out.

Here's where the action's gonna be at Two Sundays from now..... at least here.  :-)