Author Topic: What an indictment of the democrat party  (Read 633 times)

Offline 5412

What an indictment of the democrat party
« on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:10 PM »
Hi,

Just listen to the spin on Corzine, it was just like Rush predicted.  In other words he was a poor candidate, had a corrupt and ineffective administration, but the president tried to help him and, were it not for the president, the results would have been even greater defeat.

Now think about that for a moment.  Is there no candidate that the president would not back?  The guy is heading an ineffective, corrupt administration and the president supports him.  To me that just shows how low these folks will go.

They could have a convicted rapist, child molester, tax cheat with a D by his name and they would campaign to get him reelected.

I guess that pretty well sums up what they stand for, there is no more right or wrong.....it is all quest for power regardless of how it is obtained.

regards,

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
Re: What an indictment of the democrat party
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:51:52 PM »
They could have a convicted rapist, child molester, tax cheat with a D by his name and they would campaign to get him reelected.

I actually thought that was the qualification for national office.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: What an indictment of the democrat party
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 08:31:33 AM »
There's a lot of spinning and distancing going on from the Dems, but there is also a lot of truth to the results in VA and NJ being ultimately decided on local issues. 
I lived in NJ for several years, the property taxes were exorbitant then and have gone to completely ridiculous under Corzine, which has left everyone who pays them completely pissed off, without regard to party.
I was also recently in Fairfax County Va, and Deeds had nothing positive to offer on issues while his opponent did, for instance on transportation which really resonated there; Deeds seemed to just be concentrating on that old college research paper, and was being blown out of the water by the GOP candidate's daughters in a very effective rebuttal ad.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.