Author Topic: Rev. Wright makes a return  (Read 1069 times)

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
Rev. Wright makes a return
« on: March 29, 2008, 02:07:20 PM »
Barack Obama’s former pastor, who canceled several public events after an uproar over his incendiary comments, surprised a Chicago congregation by attending an event to celebrate poet Maya Angelou’s birthday.

The Rev. Jeremiah Wright got a raucous standing ovation when he entered Saint Sabina church on the South Side on Friday night, video from WBBM-TV showed. Members yelled “Hallelujah!” as Wright embraced the Rev. Michael Pfleger, Saint Sabina’s pastor.

The smiling Wright accepted an invitation to give the benediction at the Roman Catholic church but did not address the furor over his past sermons. He also sang “Happy Birthday” to Angelou, whose birthday is April 4.

Afterward, he went into an office off the pulpit to greet audience members.

Pfleger is, in the words of blogger Sultan Knish, “the white Jeremiah Wright”–another long-time Obama supporter endorser and angry, Farrakhan-defending, jihad-apologizing, Jew-basher who also once threatened to “snuff” out gun rights supporters in Chicago.

http://michellemalkin.com/

VIDEO of him at link. Go see it.
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle