Author Topic: Rep. Cohen says IMPEACHMENT is REQUIRED  (Read 2613 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Rep. Cohen says IMPEACHMENT is REQUIRED
« on: July 19, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
Star Member berni_mccoy (21,207 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100212295705

Right Now on MSNBC: Rep. Cohen says IMPEACHMENT is REQUIRED
There is no other way. House must hold Trp accountable regardless of what the Senate will do.

It is really that simple.

Get on board Nancy.

The Democratic leadership is starting to break ranks with The Speaker. Yesterday Nadler. Today Cohen.

:yawn:

What are you up to now? 96 out of 400-ish?   :whatever:

Star Member Poiuyt (13,451 posts)

14. We don't need Mueller to impeach Trump

There are many crimes and abuses of power that could bring down trump. Here are some of them:

Violation of Constitution on Domestic Emoluments
Violation of Constitution on Foreign Emoluments
Incitement of Violence
Interference With Voting Rights
Discrimination Based On Religion
Illegal War
Illegal Threat of Nuclear War
Abuse of Pardon Power
Obstruction of Justice
Politicizing Prosecutions
Collusion Against the United States with a Foreign Government
Failure to Reasonably Prepare for or Respond to Hurricanes Harvey and Maria
Separating Children and Infants from Families
Illegally Attempting to Influence an Election
Tax Fraud and Public Misrepresentation
Assaulting Freedom of the Press
Supporting a Coup in Venezuela
Unconstitutional Declaration of Emergency
Instructing Border Patrol to Violate the Law
Refusal the Comply With Subpoenas
Declaration of Emergency Without Basis In Order to Violate the Will of Congress

https://rootsaction.org/trump-articles-of-impeachment

:mental:

HiloHatti (3 posts)

5. Cohen Is Correct.

An Impeachment hearing is required to counter the Trump noise machine. It will take televised Impeachment hearings to get the public up to speed on how bad Trump has abused power. Start now, and the Democratic Party will get $millions in free campaign publicity. I don’t care if the Senate would remove him or not. The vast majority of the population aren’t paying attention. Daily televised hearings would change that immediately.

all these new DUmpmonkiez... all shouting the same lines over and over... almost like they were... a trollfarm....

:whistling:

hot2na (88 posts)

18. She is patiently waiting for the right moment

Pelosi is not one to show what a strong hand she has. Now that Mueller's testimony is coming in (Remember what just a 9 minute press conference did) and with the confirmation about Individual 1's complicity in Election law felonies, the tipping point to launch an impeachment inquiry may be right around the corner. More and more details will come dribbling out. It will never end. It's important to launch it in a way that will be sustained up close to the general election so the Republicans will be forced to go down with the Trump ship, or walk the plank.

Buckle up!

:stoner:

yaesu (1,493 posts)

16. every Democrat should vote for the impeachment hearings. There should not be anyone on the

fence. If we can't have unity over this how can we expect voters to show up at the polls.

:loser:

Star Member CaptainTruth (1,420 posts)

20. Let's get Mueller's testimony then vote to begin an impeachment inquiry.

This whole debate has revealed that some folks have a very different idea than I do about what it means to be "held accountable."

The House can impeach Trump, & I damn well hope they do, but the Senate won't convict so he gets to continue being an Fd up POTUS & doing crappy stuff. I don't consider that being "held accountable."

It's like if I was stealing stuff out of your house & the cops arrested me for it. Then the prosecutor let me off the hook & told me I was fine & since I'd been arrested once I couldn't be arrested again ... & then I just continued stealing your stuff. I don't consider that being "held accountable" for all the theft I've committed. Not at all. Not by a long shot.

IMHO impeachment is necessary but far far far from sufficient.

:bs:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
Re: Rep. Cohen says IMPEACHMENT is REQUIRED
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 07:18:40 PM »

There are many crimes and abuses of power that could bring down trump. Here are some of them:

Blah, blah blah blah...

Those aren't crimes, just fecal material you throw at the computer monitor.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 07:35:55 PM »
Democrats voted 137 to 95 not to proceed with impeachment. And they did that vote so quick they didn't even want it to be seen. You dimwits have your work cut out, and we know how much you libs hate the word "work", so none of us will be staying up late to watch you get started.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 08:29:15 PM »
Required? By what Deity? As for the list of crimes and abuses of power that could bring down trump:

Violation of Constitution on Domestic Emoluments: Please cite court verdict; nothing in the Constitution requires a sitting President to cease his/her previous businesses
Violation of Constitution on Foreign Emoluments: Please cite court verdict; nothing in the Constitution requires a sitting President to cease his/her previous businesses
Incitement of Violence: Please cite court verdict
Interference With Voting Rights: Please cite court verdict
Discrimination Based On Religion: one or more court decisions contradict this
Illegal War: What war did Trump start?
Illegal Threat of Nuclear War: Please cite a law supporting this
Abuse of Pardon Power: The Constitution gave Presidents pardon authority; here is a list of Trump's pardons; please explain how any of them abused that Constitutional authority
Obstruction of Justice: Mueller's team already stated there was insufficient evidence of this; and no Justice Department investigation has been hindered by any Trump action
Politicizing Prosecutions: Is that code for, "Trump caught one of our guys and we don't like it!" or is it a reference to the prosecution of Avenutti, which is the culmination of investigations begun by Obama?
Collusion Against the United States with a Foreign Government: Rejected by Mueller.
Failure to Reasonably Prepare for or Respond to Hurricanes Harvey and Maria: Total BS
Separating Children and Infants from Families: Nothing different from under Obama, or, probably, under Bush and Clinton
Illegally Attempting to Influence an Election: Presidents do not lose their rights of free speech
Tax Fraud and Public Misrepresentation: Please cite court verdict
Assaulting Freedom of the Press: Presidents do not lose their rights of free speech
Supporting a Coup in Venezuela: Foreign policy is delegated by the Constitution to Presidents
Unconstitutional Declaration of Emergency: Please cite court decision
Instructing Border Patrol to Violate the Law: BS
Refusal the Comply With Subpoenas: Asserting Executive Privilege is neither illegal nor abuse
Declaration of Emergency Without Basis In Order to Violate the Will of Congress: Please cite court decision; Presidents have the right to declare emergencies regardless of Congress' opinions
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline ChuckJ

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:59:58 PM »
If the dems really believe that Trump has committed an impeachable offense they should begin impeachment proceedings. The fact that they have not tells me that (1) they do NOT really believe Trump has committed such offenses or (2) they are concerned that taking such actions will negatively affect them at election time.

If (1) they need to shut up.

If (2) they need to be voted out in the next election.
“Don’t vote for the person who tells you you deserve something. Just don’t do it if it’s something other than life, liberty, or the pursuit of possible happiness. If everyone is telling you you deserve something, vote for the one who is promising you the least. Be suspicious of the man or woman who tell you deserve everything. Because you don’t.” ---Mike Rowe

Offline SVPete

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 09:18:18 PM »
Supporting a Coup in Venezuela: Foreign policy is delegated by the Constitution to Presidents

:thatsright: Two words: Libya, Syria :thatsright:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 10:04:12 PM »
Apparently they believe Chimpeachment is the same sort of open season fishing expedition that the FOB Mueller farce was. I expect this is because there is no delineation in their flea-infested li'l heads between the Starr investigation and the Impeachment of Comrade Billy Jeff (piss be upon him forever).

Ain't reality a bitch, DUmbshits??  :rofl:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 10:12:22 PM »
Heard an older term tonight that I hadn't heard in ages, and it describes liberals and DUmmies to a T.  All their unfounded claims and assertions that President Trump colluded with Russia and the evidence is in plain sight, etc.  Libs and DUmmies are simply four flushers.  Lies, braggarts and delusional.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2019, 10:19:53 AM »
Impeachment now is more important then ever.

Because the writing is on the wall that he'll win a second term.

They didn't think he'd win in 2016 and the thought of his getting re-elected gives them head explodies. :rofl:

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »
:thatsright: Two words: Libya, Syria :thatsright:

Let me add 21 more:

Delivering pallets of cash in the middle of the night to a country known to be a supporter of Islamic terrorism.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 12:11:18 PM by Zathras »
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2019, 12:04:29 PM »
Let me add 21 more:

Delivering pallets of cash in the middle of the night to a country know to be a supporter of Islamic terrorism.
2 more:

Banghazi

Uranium
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline DLR Pyro

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2019, 11:12:52 AM »
Right Now on MSNBC: Rep. Cohen says IMPEACHMENT is REQUIRED

Why?  Because you still can't accept the results of the 2016 election?
Biden is an illegitimate President.  Change my mind.

Police lives matter.

Basking in the glow of my white privilege

ProudDad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Mar-09-11 08:50 PM
64.I'd almost be willing to get a job in order to participate in
A NATIONAL GENERAL STRIKE
  https://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=102x4763020

Online Old n Grumpy

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2019, 01:55:35 PM »
Get on board Nancy.

san fran nan can't even control 4 dip shit freshmen in her party, so how will she impeach our president? :thatsright: :mental:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2019, 05:26:04 PM »
Time for me to take a crack at some of those supposed "Crimes":
"Incitement of Violence"
He has not openly incited violence against anyone. If you go after Trump for that, show some consistency and do the same to Obama ("If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin"), and a similar investigation into Maxine Waters openly encouraging her supporters to harass and physically attack conservatives.
"Interference With Voting Rights."
Um, when? In what way has he directly interfered with the voting rights of any legitimate US citizen?
"Discrimination Based On Religion"
President Trump has not discriminated based on any religion. If this DUmmy is referring to Executive Order 13769 ("Protecting the Nation from Foreign Terrorist Entry into the United States," aka the so- called "Muslim travel ban"), the first point to bring up is that this program did not discriminate based on religion, but based on the individuals' country of origin, specifically if it was one of seven countries with a known history of terrorism. Muslims from countries other than those particular seven nations would not be affected by the policy. The second point to bring up is that this policy is essentially just an extension of policies that were put in place during the Obama Administration, so again you might as well prosecute ol' Barry for it too. Speaking of whom, Obama discriminated based on religion through his vile and unconstitutional Birth Control Mandate that forced Christian pro- life employers to act against the teachings of their faith by forcing them to pay for their employees' abortions through their health care plans. Thankfully, Trump reversed that policy.
"Illegal War"
President Trump has not started any war, legal or illegal. Obama came closer to starting a war than Trump has so far, with his agitation of Russia in the last few years of his administration. If Hillary were in office, she undoubtedly would have escalated it into full- scale war.
"Illegal Threat of Nuclear War"
To the best of my knowledge (And I'll admit I could easily be wrong on this), Trump has not made an illegal threat of nuclear war. He's made it clear America will not stand for a possible nuclear threat from North Korea, but that's about it. btw, just a week or two ago, a DUmmy openly said that the next Democrat to become president should immediately launch unprovoked nuclear assaults against Russia.
"Politicizing Prosecutions:"
Is that anything like the way that Obama weaponized the IRS against Tea Party groups and others who expressed opposition to his policies?
"Collusion Against the United States with a Foreign Government."
Aka, "But, but, but, RUSSIA!" You guys have been banging that drum for years, yet in all the investigations, not a single nugget of credible evidence to support this claim has been discovered.
"Failure to Reasonably Prepare for or Respond to Hurricanes Harvey and Maria."
First, that's a complete crock. Second, correct me if I'm wrong, but even if that's true, I'm fairly certain that's not an impeachable offense. Third, preparing for and responding to hurricanes and other natural disasters is much more the responsibilities of the local and state governments than the federal government.
"Separating Children and Infants from Families."
First, that's just a continuation of a policy that was in play during the Obama Administration, if not all the way back in the Bush and Clinton Administrations. Once again, if you want to prosecute Trump for that, Ol' Barry should go down, too. Second, those children and infants are treated much more humanely under the Trump Administration than they were under the Obama Administration. Third, it's a better option than letting those kids join their illegal immigrant parents in jail.
"Illegally Attempting to Influence an Election:"
No proof of that.
"Tax Fraud and Public Misrepresentation:"
No proof of that. Though, if you want to talk about tax fraud among American political leaders, take a gander at what Ilhan Omar did regarding her brother.
"Assaulting Freedom of the Press"
 Freedom of the Press refers to the right to circulate opinions in print (Or online, or on TV, etc.) without censorship by the government. President Trump has never hampered this in any way (Note: Saying critical things about the liberal media in speeches or on Twitter doesn't count as inhibiting this).
"Supporting a Coup in Venezuela"
First, this is not an impeachable offense. Second, imposing sanctions against their officials who are known for their absolutely grotesque corruption hardly amounts to supporting a coup. btw, the DUmmies have openly encouraged coups to force Trump out of office and put the Clintons and/ or the Obamas back in power.
"Instructing Border Patrol to Violate the Law."
President Trump has never done this and you know it. Unless, of course, you're one of those DU mouthbreathers who believes that separating illegal immigrant kids from their jailed illegal immigrant parents constitutes "Kidnapping," which it DOESN'T.
I'm surprised this DUmmy didn't add "Hurting our feelings" to that list.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 05:07:15 AM by Movie buff- The Sequel »

Offline Ralph Wiggum

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2019, 06:43:27 PM »
san fran nan can't even control 4 dip shit freshmen in her party, so how will she impeach our president? :thatsright: :mental:

She can't control the gang of four year olds because that would be racist.

Offline Zathras

• This is the way.
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2019, 07:34:47 PM »
Let me translate just what this DUmbass is trying to say....

ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!
Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

If racist dog whistles are meant to be only heard by racists, then it is quite interesting how progressives seem to be the only people who can hear them. - Leonydus Johnson

What makes a good soldier? The ability to fire 3 rounds a minute in any weather. - Major Richard Sharpe