Author Topic: 'It's Terribly Unfair Obama's Being Judged on the Failure of the Economy'  (Read 498 times)

Offline Kyle Ricky

Paul Krugman: 'It's Terribly Unfair Obama's Being Judged on the Failure of the Economy'

[snip]

New York Times columnist Paul Krugman said on ABC's This Week Sunday, "It's terribly unfair that [President Obama is] being judged on the failure of the economy to respond to policies that had been largely dictated by a hostile Congress"

PAUL KRUGMAN, NEW YORK TIMES: Can I just -- these are -- these are -- we're talking as if $1 billion was a lot of money, and in $15 trillion economy is not. Solyndra was a mistake as part of a large program, which has been -- by and large had a pretty good track record. Of course you're going to find a mistake. I think, to be fair, that's probably true in Massachusetts, as well.

But this is -- this is ridiculous, that we are taking these tiny, tiny missteps which happen in any large organizations, including corporations, including Bain -- Bain Capital had losers, too, right, even from the point of view of its investors? So this is ridiculous.

And the fact of the matter is, this president has not managed to get very much of what he wanted done. He -- it's terribly unfair that he's being judged on the failure of the economy to respond to policies that had been largely dictated by a hostile Congress.

[/snip]

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/03/paul-krugman-its-terribly-unfair-obamas-being-judged-failure-economy#ixzz1wqaSLRzq

Someone reach through the computer and slap this guy for me. It isn't fair to judge Obama for the failure of the economy, but was fair to judge, and continue to judge, President Bush for it? What a bunch of hypocrites. Their messiah can do no wrong.

Offline DefiantSix

• Captain, IKV Defiant
  • "Set Condition One throughout the ship."
Paul Krugman: 'It's Terribly Unfair Obama's Being Judged on the Failure of the Economy'

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/06/03/paul-krugman-its-terribly-unfair-obamas-being-judged-failure-economy#ixzz1wqaSLRzq

Someone reach through the computer and slap this guy for me. It isn't fair to judge Obama for the failure of the economy, but was fair to judge, and continue to judge, President Bush for it? What a bunch of hypocrites. Their messiah can do no wrong.

To say nothing of the ReichsMessiah doing EXACTLY THAT (blaming President Bush for the economy) at the unveiling of President Bush's portrait at the White House.

"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus