Author Topic: "Bad" Press Under Attack  (Read 804 times)

Offline CG6468

"Bad" Press Under Attack
« on: May 28, 2011, 12:51:38 PM »
Obama WH adds position to deal with bad press online
Share54
posted at 2:04 pm on May 24, 2011 by Ed Morrissey
printer-friendly

This one pairs up nicely with the Daily Caller’s scoop that campaign media relations people sometimes speak poorly of competing candidates and offer negative tidbits to reporters.  Color me shocked, shocked to find that the White House would hire someone to deal with bad press in online media:

The Obama administration has created and staffed a new position tucked inside their communications shop for helping coordinate rapid response to unfavorable stories and fostering and improving relations with the progressive online community.

“This week, Jesse Lee will move from the new media department into a role in the communications department as Director of Progressive Media & Online Response,” read an internal memo from Communications Director Dan Pfeiffer, provided to The Huffington Post. “For the last two years, Jesse has often worn two hats working in new media and serving as the White House’s liaison with the progressive media and online community. Starting this week, Jesse will take on the second role full time working on outreach, strategy and response.”

The post is a new one for this White House. Rapid response has been the purview of the Democratic National Committee (and will continue to be). Lee’s hire, however, suggests that a portion of it will now be handled from within the administration. It also signals that the White House will be adopting a more aggressive engagement in the online world in the months ahead.

They're getting more desperate as each day passes.

LINK

More HERE
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: "Bad" Press Under Attack
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 11:38:05 AM »
Yeah, but a cornered rat is a dangerous rat.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Hella Jeff

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
  • BANNED and proud!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
Get ready for lots of Astroturfing.

I GOT BANNED AGAIN

Offline JohnGalt

• Banned
  • Probationary (Probie)
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 01:24:51 AM »
Isn't this just an online press secretary?  I figure any serious politician is going to have one of those.

Offline Hella Jeff

• Banned
  • Just Off Probation
  • BANNED and proud!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 01:30:00 AM »
Isn't this just an online press secretary?  I figure any serious politician is going to have one of those.

The fact that he didnt add one until now indicates that its probably for the campaign.
I GOT BANNED AGAIN

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 08:00:31 AM »
Get ready for lots of Astroturfing.

You mean like the Washington Post, right?

Right?
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford