Author Topic: "Fat Cats" Beware  (Read 634 times)

Offline CG6468

"Fat Cats" Beware
« on: April 11, 2011, 09:47:44 PM »
Malkin: The Democrats' Friends 'n Fat Cats Protection Plan
By Michelle Malkin April 6, 2011 6:30 am

As the budget stalemate in Washington continues, Democrats are ratcheting up their class-warfare caterwauling. Time to bring out your earplugs and hypocrisy meters:

Liberal political strategist Donna Brazile took to Twitter to assail fiscal conservatives for "taking medicine from seniors" and cutting taxes for "the rich and their corporate donors."

Do-nothing House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi attacked Republicans for paving a "path to poverty for America's seniors and children and a road to riches for big oil."

Business as usual
Illinois, south of the gun controllers in Chi town

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Re: "Fat Cats" Beware
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:59:07 PM »
You know, this is a "message" I myself have been hollering ever since I first became politically aware, so many years ago.

Democrats and liberals as a group, and individually, are wealthier than Republicans.

It's a stark fact of life, and there's libraries of statistics to show it.

But even Republicans and conservatives don't seem to get it.  It's been like shouting into the winds.

A couple of random examples, out of what must be tens of thousands of examples: the 1994 U.S. Senatorial race in California, pitting incumbent Dianne Feinstein (D) against Michael Huffington (R).  The latter was constantly pilloried in the media as being a "rich boy" trying to "buy" a seat in the Senate--a charge which the incumbent herself made, many times.

But the reported wealth of Feinstein considerably outnumbered the reported wealth of Huffington.

Yet Feinstein, even in Republican and conservative circles, was never thought of as "the rich one."

And then there was George Bush and John Kerry during the 2004 presidential race, in which Bush was smeared as a multi-millionaire "playboy."  Bush of course was not poor, but on the other hand, his own wealth wasn't even pocket change (I think it was $5.6 million, net) when compared with that of Kerry (with his wife's wealth added in, I think it was $940.0 million, net, at the time).

But this wasn't even an issue, even in Republican and conservative circles.

Damn.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline vesta111

• In Memoriam
Re: "Fat Cats" Beware
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 10:44:14 AM »
You know, this is a "message" I myself have been hollering ever since I first became politically aware, so many years ago.

Democrats and liberals as a group, and individually, are wealthier than Republicans.

It's a stark fact of life, and there's libraries of statistics to show it.

But even Republicans and conservatives don't seem to get it.  It's been like shouting into the winds.

A couple of random examples, out of what must be tens of thousands of examples: the 1994 U.S. Senatorial race in California, pitting Thse substarden material to build our nation, get away from the not my problem