Author Topic: $101,429.14 spent on Pelosi's food and booze  (Read 1958 times)

Offline formerlurker

$101,429.14 spent on Pelosi's food and booze
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:41:58 AM »
According to the documents, obtained by Judicial Watch through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Speaker’s military travel cost the United States Air Force $2,100,744.59 over a two-year period — $101,429.14 of which was for in-flight expenses.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/news/2010/jan/judicial-watch-uncovers-new-documents-detailing-pelosis-use-air-force-aircraft

You think all that top shelf booze would make her a more agreeable person, but sadly no. 

Offline Lacarnut

Re: $101,429.14 spent on Pelosi's food and booze
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 09:02:26 AM »
Come Nov. that bitch's perks are going to disappear.

Offline debk

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:10:14 AM »
Damn!....$101,000+ in food and drink ....on an airplane?  :o

She serving caviar and champagne up there?
Just hand over the chocolate...back away slowly...far away....and you won't get hurt....

Save the Earth... it's the only planet with chocolate.

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far I've finished two bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already." – Dave Barry

A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands.

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 06:36:06 PM »
U.S. Military Serving as Chauffeurs, Babysitters for Pelosi Kids: Receipts Will Blow Your Mind
directorblue.blogspot.com ^ | Jan. 30, 2010 | Doug Ross

Posted on Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:46:39 PM by Free ThinkerNY

Meet the Pelosi family! Using Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests, Judicial Watch uncovered thousands of pages of travel documents related to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's use of military aircraft.

What hasn't been revealed so far is that military aircraft are being used to shuttle Pelosi's kids and grandkids between DC and San Francisco without any Congressional representatives even onboard! Put simply, the United States Air Force is serving as a multi-billion dollar chauffeur- and baby-sitting service for Nancy Pelosi's kids and grandkids -- presumably because commercial travel is beneath the families of the autocrats.

But this couldn't be a waste of resources because the U.S. military really isn't engaged in any other significant activities around the world.
Even if you assume that the Speaker's use of military jets for her personal travel is legitimate (a big "if" -- and here's an example of such a use), it would appear the Speaker is shipping her kids and grandkids across the country -- without any real Congressional delegation on board -- by using the military as a family shuttle service!

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2440931/posts

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 11:39:07 PM »
Damn that old bat has some rich tastes
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline LC EFA

• Hickus Australianus
  • In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 03:39:05 AM »
That's what.. nearly $300 a day.

Even I (as the seasoned alcoholic I am ) would have trouble drinking that much in a day.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 11:01:01 AM »
Hey! It takes a lot of money to train those dungeness crabs how to fly fast enough to catch up to a USAF cargo plane!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline seabelle

• "she walked into the cave...she was not afraid"
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 12:14:35 PM »
Another reason the GOP needs to win back the House, possibly for Eric Cantor to become Speaker, he lives in NoVa  :-)

Offline bkg

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
Another reason the GOP needs to win back the House, possibly for Eric Cantor to become Speaker, he lives in NoVa  :-)

You think the GOP actually spends less? Until their expenses are laid side by side, don't assume they are at all fiscally responsible.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:37:19 PM »
You think the GOP actually spends less? Until their expenses are laid side by side, don't assume they are at all fiscally responsible.

I do .  If any republican was spending anything close to that, the MSM would be all over it like white on rice.

Offline bkg

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
I do .  If any republican was spending anything close to that, the MSM would be all over it like white on rice.

I completely disagree. They weren't "all over it" for the last 9 years, when they typically would be. And doing any sort of investigatoin like this would have people asking questions.

MN legislature gets $90+/day perdiem, and up to $1400/month for housing. The GOP takes it all, just like the DNC does. Do not make the assumption that the GOP spends less - you'll be wrong.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:51:40 PM »
I completely disagree. They weren't "all over it" for the last 9 years, when they typically would be. And doing any sort of investigatoin like this would have people asking questions.

MN legislature gets $90+/day perdiem, and up to $1400/month for housing. The GOP takes it all, just like the DNC does. Do not make the assumption that the GOP spends less - you'll be wrong.

I was referring to the excesses by Pelosi as have been described in this thread.  If she was a republican, it would be headline news.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 11:42:24 PM »

Pisslosi's/Democraps trip to Copenhagen on 3 jets, hotel, limos, meals, booze,etc probably cost more than what the MN legislature spent for the entire year.

Offline bkg

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2010, 02:58:35 PM »
Pisslosi's/Democraps trip to Copenhagen on 3 jets, hotel, limos, meals, booze,etc probably cost more than what the MN legislature spent for the entire year.

Entirely possible... but that's not the point. She spends like a drunken sailor... and so do the GOP. They ALL do it. Believing the GOP doesn't is naive... especially after the spend-fest of the first 6 years of the last administration. Just saying that people should not be lead into a false belief until the numbers are known; plenty of historical examples to show GOP spends just as liberally.

Offline Lacarnut

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 06:06:46 PM »
Entirely possible... but that's not the point. She spends like a drunken sailor... and so do the GOP. They ALL do it. Believing the GOP doesn't is naive... especially after the spend-fest of the first 6 years of the last administration. Just saying that people should not be lead into a false belief until the numbers are known; plenty of historical examples to show GOP spends just as liberally.

What concerns me is not what has been spent in the past but what is being spent at the present time and in the future. That is the POINT IN A NUTSHELL.