Author Topic: Reid Apologizes for Private Remarks on Obama  (Read 2684 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Reid Apologizes for Private Remarks on Obama
« on: January 09, 2010, 01:34:33 PM »
With apologies to Madeline Kahn, a.k.a Lily von Schtupp.

Game Change, the long-awaited and very gossipy chronicle of the 2008 campaign by journalists John Heilemann and Mark Halperin, is chock full of revelations that are bound to stir the folks who live within ten miles of the Beltway -- and perhaps even reverberate beyond Washington.

The book doesn't officially go on sale until next Tuesday. The authors are slated to appear on 60 Minutes Sunday to preview it. I found it available for purchase at a Washington, D.C. bookstore tonight.

Among the more fascinating items:

On page 37, a remark, said "privately" by Sen. Harry Reid, about Barack Obama's racial appeal. Though Reid would later say that he was neutral in the presidential race, the truth, the authors write, was that his "

encouragement of Obama was unequivocal. He was wowed by Obama's oratorical gifts and believed that the country was ready to embrace a black presidential candidate, especially one such as Obama -- a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one," as he said privately.  Reid was convinced, in fact, that Obama's race would help him more than hurt him in a bid for the Democratic nomination.

E-mails sent late Friday to Reid staffers were not immediately answered. (Update: Reid apologized.)

The authors write on page 50 about the "war room within a war room" that Hillary Clinton put together to deal with questions about her husband's "libido."  The circle of trust included media strategist Howard Wolfson, lawyer Cheryl Mills and confidant Patti Solis Doyle.

The war room within a war room dismissed or discredited much of the gossip floating around, but not all of it. The stories about one woman were more concrete, and after some discreet fact-finding, the group concluded that they were true: that BIll was indeed having an affair -- and not a frivolous one-night stand but a sustained romantic relationship.  .... For months, thereafter, the war room within a war room braced for the explosion, which her aides knew could come at any moment.

The authors do not identify the woman.

More: http://politics.theatlantic.com/2010/01/the_juiciest_revelations_in_game_change.php

I guess Hillary really is ready to let herself be walked over for the sake of her own ambitions.

I guess she earned it then.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
Re: Reid Apologizes for Private Remarks on Obama
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 01:46:09 PM »
Senate Majority Harry Reid (D-NV) apologized for privately referring to Barack Obama early in his presidential campaign as a "light-skinned" African American "with no Negro dialect," as recounted in the forthcoming book Game Change.
  Raaaaacist! :-)

Offline Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 01:49:56 PM »
You watched Blazing Saddles last night, didn't you? :-)
This post is disruptive, hurtful, rude, insensitive, over-the-top, or otherwise inappropriate.

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 02:02:08 PM »
Oh Lawdy!

Imagine if a Republican said that. There's be a lynch mob in the Lame Stream Media calling for his head on a stick.
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

Offline Linda

• American by birth. Southern by the grace of God.
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 02:06:50 PM »
A Republican would have been drummed out of office never to be heard from again, if they had made that remark......but, he is a democrat so it's all good.....
A liberal who is mugged by reality becomes conservative.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 02:13:52 PM »
Only cuz he got caught not because he's sorry.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 02:43:35 PM »
A Republican would have been drummed out of office never to be heard from again, if they had made that remark......but, he is a democrat so it's all good.....

I don't think he'll be serving another term, anyway.

But you're right. Dems get to be "former" KKK members (Byrd), convicted drug-users (Barry), bribe-accepters (Murtha), etc., etc....
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline ColonialMarine0431

• DEUS VULT
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 03:07:39 PM »
A few years old, but still applicable....

Blacks and the Democrat plantation
I'll See Your Jihad and Raise You One Crusade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 03:27:34 PM »
[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0110/Teddys_anger.html

:o

:popcorn:

Seeing as Reid already apologized it will be hard for Clinton to claim the source is questionable.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2010, 04:43:24 PM »
It gets better ...
One of the enduring mysteries of the 2008 campaign was what got Ted Kennedy so mad at Bill Clinton. The former president's entreaties, at some point, backfired, and the explanation has never quite emerged.

I've finally gotten my hands on a copy of Game Change, in which Heliemann and Halperin report:

[A]s Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2010, 04:51:31 PM »
There's an echo in here.

:tongue:

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2010, 04:58:44 PM »
There's an echo in here.

:tongue:
Sorry Snuggles, my wireless dropped out and I didn't refresh before posting.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2010, 05:24:50 PM »
Quote from:
As Hillary bungled Caroline, Bill’s handling of Ted was even worse. The day after Iowa, he phoned Kennedy and pressed for an endorsement, making the case for his wife. But Bill then went on, belittling Obama in a manner that deeply offended Kennedy. Recounting the conversation later to a friend, Teddy fumed that Clinton had said, A few years ago, this guy would have been getting us coffee.

This one I've got to question.  If it was reported that Clinton said a few years ago Dear Leader would be getting us coffee, and Vast Teddy had replied he still had darkies at his estate to fetch his slippers and lick his butt clean, I would believe it.  But Vast Teddy fumming over a comment like that?  Nope, not believing that.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »
He has the Magic Golden D after his name; he gets a pass from the MSM.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Oceander

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2010, 08:37:56 PM »
He has the Magic Golden D after his name; he gets a pass from the MSM.

Yup.  Consider what happened to Rush Limbaugh when he was contemplating buying a share in a football team - without a single shred of evidence of anything Rush had said that was actually racist, that opportunity was taken from him because the Left/Democrats basically shrieked "racist, racist, racist" to the point where the investment group he was with had to drop him in order to avoid having the whole deal scotched.

Now compare and constrast that to the treatment of Reid, who has now officially admitted to making actual racist remarks about none other than His High Holy Effervescence, Obama.

Hypocrites.

Offline littlelamb

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
I would like to see him nailed to a cross but I know it is all going to blow over
Good girls are bad girls that never get caught.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies.

Offline NHSparky

• Where are you going? I was gonna make espresso!
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 07:09:29 AM »
On one of the boards on which I used to post, the libtards regularly trotted out the "southerner racist redneck" card, yet never really seemed to be able to retort when I threw back at them how racially biased those in northern areas (i.e., here) were.  I guess "racial equality" stops at their front door.
“Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian.”  -Henry Ford

Offline formerlurker

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 07:25:28 AM »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0110/Teddys_anger.html

:o

:popcorn:

Seeing as Reid already apologized it will be hard for Clinton to claim the source is questionable.

Clinton is right, as a junior nobody from IL, he would have been a gopher for the Democrat elite.