Author Topic: William7Iwanna69adude calls Obama gay  (Read 1302 times)

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
William7Iwanna69adude calls Obama gay
« on: September 18, 2013, 06:10:00 PM »
Star Member William769 (33,421 posts)

Obama named one of Russia’s top 5 gay “heroes”

President Obama has been named one of Russia’s top gay rights heroes by the Moscow Times, an English-language newspaper based in Moscow.

The paper explained its inclusion of Obama among the “5 heroes of Russia’s gay rights movement”:

American authorities have long raised questions about human rights and LGBT issues in Russia, and Obama sent a clear signal during his visit to St. Petersburg for the G20 summit, where he organized a meeting with human rights and LGBT activists amid a busy schedule and ongoing negotiations regarding the conflict in Syria.

The meeting was attended by investigative journalist Yelena Milashina, lawyer Ivan Pavlov of human rights organization Memorial, and human rights activist Boris Pynstintsev, among others. Originally scheduled for 40 minutes, his meting eventually lasted for 90 minutes, reported Pink News.

It’s interesting, but one thing President Obama has gotten awfully good at – especially on gay civil rights issues – is using the bully pulpit to maximal advantage. It’s praise I wouldn’t have offered on any issue just a few years back, but the President has grown in office, and seems to understand, particularly on these issues, that his voice in and of itself can carry an impact.

I’m not a huge fan of ”words, words, words,” but words aren’t always meaningless. On civil rights issues, the President’s words help us both legally and with the public at large (I suspect the President’s open embrace of gay marriage may have helped us garner more support with African-Americans, among others).

http://americablog.com/2013/09/obama-named-one-russias-top-5-gay-heroes.html

Why isn't Putin one of the 5? Oh wait...

Well, that's what it looked like to me, anyway. William7please69me is one of the most prolific posters of pro-'mo propaganda,

No one there yet...it's just a matter of time...
NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

Re: William7Iwanna69adude calls Obama gay
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Yeah, making an icon for your cause out of the guy that your own highly-nationalistic country is currently going guntube-to-guntube with may not be the best possible choice of spokesmodels...

:popcorn:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 07:40:19 PM »
and Obama sent a clear signal during his visit to St. Petersburg for the G20 summit, where he organized a meeting with human rights and LGBT activists amid a busy schedule and ongoing negotiations regarding the conflict in Syria.

Silly gays, queers were just props for Obama. His only purpose meeting them was to give a limp wristed slap to Putin for bitch slapping him first.

Offline Dori

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:06:17 PM »
This is all so unseemly. The Russian gays are kissing Obama's ass while the homophobic Russian President is riding it.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline jukin

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 11:28:15 PM »
Reggie Love was super duper excited Obama and his fight remain a pin cushion.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2013, 07:30:05 AM »
This is all so unseemly. The Russian gays are kissing Obama's ass while the homophobic Russian President is riding it.

What an image!

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline Karin

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 07:40:59 AM »
 :lmao:  Is that the pic that Twitchy called the "best photoshop evah?"  I couldn't see it yesterday. 

It's making me very uncomforable.  I couldn't even watch Brakeback Mountain. 

Offline Gina

• Tinker Twat
  • Short Bus bound!
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 09:50:22 AM »
:lmao:  Is that the pic that Twitchy called the "best photoshop evah?"  I couldn't see it yesterday. 

It's making me very uncomforable.  I couldn't even watch Brakeback Mountain. 

It is very loving and touching  :rotf:

"An army of deer led by a lion is more to be feared than an army of lions led by a deer." Phillip of Macedonia, father to Alexander.

Offline GOBUCKS

• All in all, not bad, not bad at all
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 02:23:25 PM »
What a great photo.

I'm not sure it's photoshopped. Maybe someone hiding with a Good Rig.

Offline Tucker

• Making money the old fashioned way- Paid Mole
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 04:41:00 PM »
Well, gee.
    l
    l
    l
    l
 <-
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 04:43:17 PM by Tucker »
Come to think of it, unions do create jobs. Companies have to hire two workers to do the work of one.