Author Topic: Send our jihadis to Devil's Island! French politician demands Paris . . .  (Read 1205 times)

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
Ya know, if there was the discipline of the old place in use, I'd give money for this to happen.

Send our jihadis to Devil's Island! French politician demands Paris reopens 'Papillon' jail for terrorists

Nicolas Dupont-Aignan says island would be a fitting place for 'madmen'
Added it could be a place for those who have fought with ISIS and al Qaeda
Former French presidential candidate says plan has widespread support
The Cayenne detention centre was notorious for disease and starvation
But it closed in 1953 and is now run by a French research body 
The island in French Guiana was also used in the 1973 film Papillon
Comes after two French nationals appeared in the latest ISIS video
But critics have said the proposal for the former penal colony is 'bonkers'

By ROBERT VERKAIK and PETER ALLEN FOR MAIL ON SUNDAY
PUBLISHED: 17:00 EST, 29 November 2014 | UPDATED: 08:46 EST, 30 November 2014

A senior French politician has called for Devil’s Island to be reopened – as a prison for jihadis returning to Europe after travelling abroad to fight.

Nicolas Dupont-Aignan – who stood as a candidate for the French presidency in 2012 – believes that the former penal colony in South America would be a fitting place for ‘the madmen’ who have fought with radical groups such as Islamic State (IS) and Al Qaeda.

The island in French Guiana is notorious as the place where French army officer Alfred Dreyfus was unjustly held at the end of the 19th Century after being accused of treason, and as the location of the 1973 film Papillon, starring Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman.

Mr Dupont-Aignan – the founder of the right-wing DLF party and an affiliate to the UMP, the party of the former French president Nicolas Sarkozy – admitted the proposal would ‘cause a stir’, but insisted it had widespread support. It is the latest suggested solution for the problem of what to do with returning jihadis. In Britain, there have been demands for extremists to be denied re-entry into the country.

Referring to the official name for Devil’s Island, Mr Dupont-Aignan said he ‘proposes the re-establishment of a Cayenne detention centre which would allow us to permanently isolate the madmen’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2854318/Send-jihadis-Devil-s-Island-French-politician-demands-Paris-reopens-Papillon-jail-terrorists.html#ixzz3KbCYjykb

They'd have to pour money into something like this to get it up and running, but . . . hey, it could work!
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline DefiantSix

• Set Condition One throughout the ship
  • Captain, IKV Defiant
I say we find where the island of Atlantis disappeared to, and send 'em all there.

But that's just me... :popcorn:
"Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
-- Capt. John Parker

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission"
-- Capt. Steve Rogers

"In this present crisis, government in not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem."
-- Ronaldus Magnus

Offline Dori

Send them all there with swords and let them enjoy their jihad.

“How fortunate for governments that the people     they administer don't think”  Adolph Hitler

Offline thundley4

Wow, just wow.  Who would have ever thought of sending Muslim Terrorists to an isolated island prison?  What sort of DUmbass would it take to think that releasing those prisoners is a good idea?