Author Topic: Your DUmbass moral equivalence of the day  (Read 992 times)

Offline SSG Snuggle Bunny

• Global Moderator
  • Voted Rookie-of-the-Year, 3 years running
Your DUmbass moral equivalence of the day
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:28:05 AM »
Stop trying to come up with clever analogies, you suck at it!

kpete (33,312 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

(XLNT ?) Why should buying a gun be any easier than having an abortion?"

This is Linda from Oklahoma:

"Why do lawmakers make it harder and harder to get an abortion, even in the cases where the mother will die, but easier and easier to get a gun? Do they only care about a life before it is born?

Why don't gun buyers have to follow the same rules women are forced to follow? Wait 48 hours after applying. View on ultrasound of a body with a bullet in it. Listen to the heartbeat of someone as they die of a gunshot wound. Get a lecture from a surgeon on what it is like to operate on a gunshot wound. After all that, if a person still wants a gun, he or she can buy one. Why should buying a gun be any easier than having an abortion?"

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/03/29/1078832/-Best-Comment-of-the-Year

First of all, you just conceded our every point about abortion: it takes human life.

Second, most of the controls you list, such as waiting periods, do in fact exist. If it's OK to wait 3 days to get a gun then it's OK to wait 3 days to get an abortion.

Third, you have to attend classes to get a CCW.

Fourth, guns for defense are only intended kill bad people; abortion kills the innocent and only the innocent. We oppose abortion even if we could peer into the future and learn that the fetus would grow-up to be a hoodie-wearing, skittle carrying, gold-toothed wannabe thug.
According to the Bible, "know" means "yes."

• Global Moderator
Re: Your DUmbass moral equivalence of the day
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »
Not quite turing out the way she had hoped:

truebrit71 (15,187 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

2. Have you tried getting a gun in Illinois lately...???

Not so easy...

kpete (33,316 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

5. no

here in California,
we rather use flowers...

peace, kpete

I'm sure the gated community helps.

slackmaster (52,229 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

3. There's a 10-day wait to buy a gun in my state

And you have to produce not only a state-issued ID but two additional pieces of proof of residence.

niyad (18,957 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

6. are there time-sensitive issues in owning a gun?

hack89 (13,178 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

9. Ask the women who has just put a restraining order on an abusive husband. nt

And now I represent to you the most oblivious and unintentionally ironic post of the day:

RC (17,662 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

11. Yes there are.

And it usually involves stopping someone else's time. Guns are too often a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

And abortion is what, exactly?

The Straight Story (37,462 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

10. Getting a gun does not mean you are killing/terminating someone or something

It can be for sport shooting. Abortion only does one thing (and no, I am not anti-abortion, I am one of those people who actually believes in the phrase 'your body, your choice' on many issues and not just one).

For the suggested to work we would have to show ulrtasound/etc to people who wanted to buy condoms or have sex in general.

hack89 (13,178 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

14. There is a 7 day waiting period to buy any gun in Rhode Island

and you must pay for and pass a state mandated gun safety course.

OPOS (71 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

15. In Nassau County it takes 11.5 Months for the interview

to have a Handgun permit. You really want that process for abortions? IN NYC takes about 6 months minimum, Suffolk co. also 6 months. this just for a the iterviews. One still goes through a federal NICCS check and fills out a ATF form 4473. The article is a stupid comparison frankly.

So, in other words, rich-bitch livin' on the hill (but says she ain't) knows ****-all about abortion and even less about guns; she just copies and pastes wahtever talking points are thrown in front of her cock-sucking-for-her-dinner eyeballs.

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »

"Why do lawmakers make it harder and harder to get an abortion, even in the cases where the mother will die,...

I can't recall any such cases ever being in the news.  If there had ever been any, I'm sure they would have been plastered wall-to-wall nationwide by NOW, PP, and every other fetal-death advocacy group.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Karin

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:36 AM »
Yeah, no kidding.  There have been no such things. 

http://www.dailykos.com/s...-Best-Comment-of-the-Year

This is the kostard's best comment of the year?  Yeesh. 

Offline wasp69

• Hillbilly Yeti
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:01 AM »
kpete (33,316 posts)

5. no

here in California,
we rather use flowers...

peace, kpete

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

George Orwell

Think about that when you drive into your gated community, rich bitch, and thank a Conservative for standing the line in your place.
"We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and then bid the geldings to be fruitful."

C.S. Lewis

A community may possess all the necessary moral qualifications, in so high a degree, as to be capable of self-government under the most adverse circumstances; while, on the other hand, another may be so sunk in ignorance and vice, as to be incapable of forming a conception of liberty, or of living, even when most favored by circumstances, under any other than an absolute and despotic government.

John C Calhoun, "Disquisition on Government", 1840

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 10:36:02 AM »
kpete (33,316 posts)

5. no

here in California,
we rather use flowers...

Do you have any idea how many flowers you have to hit somebody with to kill them?  Frankly, this just isn't practical for anyone but a wholesale florist with a remotely-controlled overhead crane.

:tongue:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline Maxiest

• Chief Interruptor Officer
  • IT Guru - Social Media Wizard - Recovery Advocate
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 10:45:23 AM »
Happiness is a Warm Gun (that shoots flowers)

"The society that puts equality before freedom will end up with neither; the society that puts freedom before equality will end up with a great measure of both."

"Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program."

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes nonwork."

-Milton Friedman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 11:02:57 AM »
Happiness is a Warm Gun (that shoots flowers)

Flowers...

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
Gotta say, Snugs, I like your bloom better . . .  :fuelfire:
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 11:11:20 AM »
Gotta say, Snugs, I like your bloom better . . .  :fuelfire:

orly?

Offline FiddyBeowulf

• "Its on, its off, its on, its off." "That is called blinking, boys."
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 11:48:24 AM »

"Why do lawmakers make it harder and harder to get an abortion, even in the cases where the mother will die,...

I can't recall any such cases ever being in the news.  If there had ever been any, I'm sure they would have been plastered wall-to-wall nationwide by NOW, PP, and every other fetal-death advocacy group.
I think it was on an episode of House.
Fire...BAD!!! - John Fetterman

The policies that are indorsed by this party, that they backer of which are much of the 1 percent, causes a social structure much like the one back before the Revolution.

-Words of wisdom from Lady Freedom Returns

"Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

"A hat should be taken off when you greet a lady and left off for the rest of your life. Nothing looks more stupid than a hat." - P. J. O'Rourke

Offline AprilRazz

• I love my...
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 12:08:59 PM »
Easy DUmmy. Anyone can get an abortion. Try doing that with a gun purchase.
Proud Navy Wife and Veteran

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." Suzanna Hupp

racist – A statement of surrender during an argument. When two people or disputants are engaged in an acrimonious debate, the side that first says “Racist!” has conceded defeat. Synonymous with saying “Resign” during a chess game, or “Uncle” during a schoolyard fight. Ori

Offline Karin

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
I think it was on an episode of House.

:lmao:  Oh that explains it! 

Offline AllosaursRus

• Skip Tracing by Contract Only!
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 02:21:02 PM »
Stop trying to come up with clever analogies, you suck at it!

First of all, you just conceded our every point about abortion: it takes human life.

Second, most of the controls you list, such as waiting periods, do in fact exist. If it's OK to wait 3 days to get a gun then it's OK to wait 3 days to get an abortion.

Third, you have to attend classes to get a CCW.

Fourth, guns for defense are only intended kill bad people; abortion kills the innocent and only the innocent. We oppose abortion even if we could peer into the future and learn that the fetus would grow-up to be a hoodie-wearing, skittle carrying, gold-toothed wannabe thug.

Agree with everythin' ya said, Snuggles, 'cept one thing. I never had to take a class for a CCW. Not sure if ya even have to now, up here.

'Course when i got mine, I was in the bail Bond biz. Ya havta let the gubmint crawl up yer hiney in order to get that license, so could be different for a layman.
I'm the guy your mother warned you about!

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2012, 03:03:03 PM »
Agree with everythin' ya said, Snuggles, 'cept one thing. I never had to take a class for a CCW. Not sure if ya even have to now, up here.

'Course when i got mine, I was in the bail Bond biz. Ya havta let the gubmint crawl up yer hiney in order to get that license, so could be different for a layman.

Depends on what kind of state you live in. There are "Can issue", "Shall issue", and "Must issue". SC, IIRC, is a "Shall issue" and requires a CCW. GA is a "Must issue" and does not, along with Bama, Mississippi, and many others. I have reciprocity with those states. SC, no reciprocity. Haley needs to fix that crap.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site