Author Topic: Please do not open anything from Norton Security!!!!!  (Read 351 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Please do not open anything from Norton Security!!!!!
« on: February 08, 2024, 05:53:28 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100218662406

This is the fat, retired teacher, who was telling everyone a few years ago to use Zillow to find addresses so you could call congressmen in other states to make your voice heard, as if you were actually from their district.  And she's not retired due to age ... imagine that.

BigmanPigman (51,103 posts)
Thu Feb 8, 2024, 01:33 AM

RECOMMEND

Please do not open anything from Norton Security!!!!!
I was scammed. They got my computer's info and land line and bank accounts, access to my computer has been jeopardized. I do not trust tech and do all my banking in person, not on line. I rarely use my cell phone or desktop computer. I do all of my bills, deposits
and withdraws in person at my bank .They scammed me through gmail on my tablet. I feel sick and am a basket case.

I had filed fraud reports and since all of my finances were in jeopardy. Since this began yesterday people at Wells Fargo, Verizon and Mastercard told me that they have heard and are aware of this specific scam. Please spread the word and be very careful. Do not trust anyone calling your phones either.

I read a few weeks ago on DU that 1 out of 4 people are scammed. I thought that was too much but I obviously was wrong. For two days I have been screwed by the scammers. Everything I have has been changed via my bank today. I have had to get new bank accounts, checks, call the IRS in 10 days, and even stop payment on a check I sent today for $7.50!!! I have had the same bank and accounts for over 26 years and it has finally been screwed by scammers, file a police report, etc. Fun, fun.

So here's a question for you, I do all my banking in person.  I have no credit card or bank info in a computer or cell phone.  I have had my debit card 'stolen' 3 times, while it never left my wallet, but I will say this, none of those times had anything to do with any information gotten from one of my digital devices.  The bank explained how it was done and most of it is a guessing game with some paid for personal information anyone can find online.

I didn't have to change all my credit cards, or call the IRS, or change my bank accounts, or anything like that.  I just had to get a new debit card and wait for the bank to put the money back into my account.  The very same account.

IF the fat, retired teacher, who's living off the government tit wants to claim she does all of her banking in person, can she explain how they got to the rest of her information?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: Please do not open anything from Norton Security!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2024, 06:10:14 AM »
Bigmanpigman needs to just accept the fact that someone who needed her stuff more than she did, has now been rewarded.

She has probably helped a migrant, or some person of color in another country.

Maybe she was scammed by a black lesbian transgender man who has no legs ...  She is actually a hero!

Bless her heart.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline FlaGator

• Another Pilgrim
  • Democracy can survive anything except Democrats
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 07:40:53 AM »
I do most of my banking and a lot of my shopping online and the only time I've ever had my credit card information stolen was when I used it in brick and mortar stores. Now should I extrapolate for this sample group of one that it is saver to use your cards on line than in person?
"My enemy's enemy is the enemy I kill last."
Klingon Proverb.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 09:32:40 AM »
In the real world, BigPig probably fell for a phishing scam in which the scamster spoofed Norton Security, along this line, https://us.norton.com/blog/emerging-threats/norton-email-scams . BigPig probably clicked a link he shouldn't have clicked and maybe provided info to a source he shouldn't have trusted, and now he's blaming Norton, who had nothing to do with the phishing scam.

I may be 120% wrong, but that's my guess as to what actually happened to BigPig.

If I get a phone call, text, or email purporting to be from my bank or the IRS or ??? warning me about some horrible thing, I ignore it and call the entity myself. Or if the phisher referenced a card I don't have or a bank with which I don't do business (etc.), I simply ignore it. Last week I got a text claiming a suspicious transaction on my EDD card ... I have never had an EDD card, so Ignore activated.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DUmpDiver

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 01:22:44 PM »
In the real world, BigPig probably fell for a phishing scam in which the scamster spoofed Norton Security

This.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 04:04:27 PM »
He got a call from Alex with online security. Oh hello kind sir, we are finding a wirus on your computer. I can fix it for you free if you verify your bank account number. :lmao: :lmao:
:lmao:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Online CollectivismMustDie

• American
  • (D)Ummie nightmare.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 06:04:59 PM »
Ahh, the notorious gun hating supersized-oinker-DUmmy.
"Be not intimidated... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your liberties by any pretense of politeness, delicacy, or decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for hypocrisy, chicanery and cowardice." - John Adams

Hillary Clinton will never be the President of the United States.