Author Topic: Looking at the Anonymous Soldier Types in Photos  (Read 691 times)

Offline Mary Ann

Looking at the Anonymous Soldier Types in Photos
« on: June 03, 2020, 10:30:48 AM »
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213534809
MineralMan (131,801 posts)

of the DC area, what strikes me is how much tactical gear they are all wearing. Body armor, shields, heavy boots, helmets, facial masks and shields.

How are they going to fight anyone when weighed down by all that gear? How would they run away, even? If someone pushed them and they fell, how would they get back up?

It looks to me like they're there only as an image of intimidation. I can't imagine they'd be of much use in an urban skirmish with thousands of protesters.

Useless soldiers...
Well, looking at the first photo Rockhead posted, my guess is that the "anonymous soldier types" wouldn't have been worried about doing anything, since the Secret Service will never be constrained by the need to use rubber bullets and tear gas against anyone looking to harm the president. Just sayin'.

Offline USA4ME

• Evil Capitalist
Re: Looking at the Anonymous Soldier Types in Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 11:02:34 AM »
Let's encourage rockhead to test that theory.

Because third world peasant labor is a good thing.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 11:04:39 AM »
I think MM claims to have served in the Air Force a long time ago.  He has no idea that what he's seeing these troops in they actually train in.

MineralMan (131,805 posts)

14. They certainly aren't equipped for close combat.

All that gear just makes them clumsy and awkward. An idiotic display of costumery.

They're just cosplay soldiers.

MM is a joke.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 11:13:51 AM »
Let's encourage rockhead to test that theory.

:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn: MM is showing some serious moronicity. :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline 67 Rover

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:23:47 AM »
:popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn: MM is showing some serious moronicity. :popcorn:  :popcorn:  :popcorn:

WOW!  Early lead for DUmmie of the year 2020 with that post.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:22 AM »

"Senility," you mean.

He's pretty old, almost eighty.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline BannedFromDU

• Gyro Member
  • Nothing personal.
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 11:58:10 AM »
Unbeknownst to DUmmies, soldiers and even reservists train with all of that tactical gear and they're good to go with it on. I assume that if an Antifa-type decided to test the DU cosplay theory, they'd be only too happy to engage.

NJCher (31,658 posts)

5. IMO

a certain percentage of DU is depressed and has other mental issues.

Offline hillneck

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2020, 12:27:33 PM »
of the DC area, what strikes me is how much tactical gear they are all wearing. Body armor, shields, heavy boots, helmets, facial masks and shields.
How are they going to fight anyone when weighed down by all that gear? How would they run away, even? If someone pushed them and they fell, how would they get back up?
It looks to me like they're there only as an image of intimidation. I can't imagine they'd be of much use in an urban skirmish with thousands of protesters.

Useless soldiers...

Well, MM you crossed over into the field of being the typical DUmmie.  Too lazy or stupid to do a little research before running your mouth about a subject you know nothing about.

The one picture he posted look like the uniformed Secret Service, and yes lurking DUmmies there is more to the Secret Service than the Presidential detail.  Second the uniformed services have been routinely wearing full body since the Iraq war started.  They get it issued when they arrive at their duty station and train as they fight.  So you idiots go ahead and underestimate them at your own peril.  The only thing that will save you is that the Rules of Engagement won't let them SQUASH you like a bug.

And lastly, your useless soldier comment,  Well F**K YOU  :bird: :censored:

In battle you have to show no mercy for mercy comes after the war when you still have the freedom to ask for it.

"Montani Semper Liberi"

Pray as if God will take care of all; act as if all is up to you.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2020, 03:04:59 PM »

They are FIT, and well trained people, not a useless fat, lazy left wing candy ass like you. :bird:
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!