Author Topic: does anyone feel that the threat of a civil uprising by the right wing nazis  (Read 415 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
Star Member Javaman (55,057 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213520392

is it just me or does anyone feel that the threat of a civil uprising by the right wing nazis...
is now higher than ever before?

this is the first time during this failed absent administration that I honestly am worried about what is coming our way.

Not just during the election but before even november gets here.

:thatsright:

Star Member Quemado (1,040 posts)

1. I don't think any possibility can be discounted now.

Trump will do anything to get re-elected, even if it means a civil uprising by right wing nazis.

:whatever:

Star Member KPN (10,474 posts)

2. It's already happened. They be stirring up violence out of peaceful protests all across the

nation already. They be just too cowardly to be overt bout it.

How do you have a fake black accent on the interwebs?  :whatever:

Star Member Mike 03 (10,902 posts)

3. Somewhat worried about this too.

There's a subgroup of that culture calling themselves accelerationists. The Christchurch mass shooter wrote about this in his diatribe. They don't believe any political solution is possible. Their goal is to bring everything down, burn it totally to the ground, incite and destroy, and then presumably rebuild their ideal world again from scratch. They might be seeing this chaos right now as an opportunity unlikely to repeat itself in the future. Pandemic, protests, no leadership, chaos, etc... Now, they may all be keyboard warriors who are actually big talkers but total cowards, but if there are even a few dozen of them they could wreak havoc.

I don't know all that much about accelerationism, but that's my layperson understanding.

fescuerescue (2,020 posts)

4. Well they already have their man in charge

And they own the Senate and most governships.

And they steal the elections.

So an uprising and coup would be redundant.

The coup occurred in 2016.

:yawn:

BComplex (1,422 posts)

15. Putin was in charge of that coup, and he's been in charge ever since.

I agree.

Shiv (56 posts)

6. feel? yes. worry? not overly.. scared, certainly not.

they're nonsense wouldn't amount to much more than a drop in the bucket (very precious drops, all, big picture speak here, to be sure...) to the damage and losses we are having and facing from the pandemic and climate change. They would lose quite swiftly, they have no commodities except propaganda, snake-oil cures and rubles. they are drastically outnumbered and already out-deployed. they have no heavy weapons.

It might get bad for a min, but they will lose. And they will reveal themselves in the process. The other end we will be able to heal and be better off.

Dozens plus of infiltrator or just plain on their own bigoted cops are revealing themselves and being removed piecemeal by their precincts and mayors.

I am cautiously optimistic, dread the damage they will do, but I'm not scared of them breaking America.

Did I mention the other Western Powers are backing us? It isn't overt, yet, but the No votes on readmission to the G7 by Russia are clear signaling.

jmg257 (11,182 posts)

9. I think the threats of civil uprising by all groups who want such shit is higher then ever before.

Its happening now.

How govt decides to deal with it will determine how it goes.

So fa the reactions sucks.

BComplex (1,422 posts)

16. And so far the "government" has given them access to state houses while they are fully armed to the teeth, and has doubled down on protesters who are not armed.

fully armed protesters who broke no laws, destroyed no property, and cleaned up after themselves...

vs

mitch96 (5,068 posts)

11. The reich wing nazis have always been a match waiting to be lit...... nt

Star Member Enoki33 (1,188 posts)

12. Frank Figliuzzi has said international anarchists and various

white supremacists here have formed a loose alliance here to kick start civil unrest. The goal initially is to start a race war by destabilizing society. Interesting to note that Putin has used similar tactics in other countries. Apparently CI has already started a new phase of the investigation as there appears to be unusual organized signs of anarchy. One open question should be why did trump keep throwing gasoline on an already volatile situation?. And this has been going on for years.

sop (2,542 posts)

13. In 2006 the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police.

The classified FBI report discussed orchestrated efforts by many rightwing extremists groups to infiltrate police departments throughout the country. For example, the FBI uncovered a neo-Nazi gang formed by members of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department who were harassing black and Latino communities. Other investigations revealed officers and entire agencies with hate group ties in Illinois, Ohio, Florida and Texas. The FBI also warned of “ghost skins,” hate group members who don’t overtly display their beliefs in order to “blend into society and covertly advance white supremacist causes" within police departments.

The published report has been heavily redacted:

http://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/402521/doc-26-white-supremacist-infiltration.pdf

PBS Newshour reported on the FBI's findings, and lack of any action to prevent the infiltration:

"Neither the FBI nor state and local law enforcement agencies have established systems for vetting personnel for potential supremacist links...(the) task is left primarily to everyday citizens and nonprofit organizations like the Southern Poverty Law Center...First Amendment’s freedoms of association and expression mean it’s perfectly legal for anyone to join a hate group...and still be a member of law enforcement...in this case there seems to be almost an acceptance of it. The thought is ‘it’s just ideology and they have a right to believe this.'”

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

Shiv (56 posts)

18. this

^^^^

There far few too many but limited cases of local law enforcement being tipped off by agents and decent cops with pre-existing relationships, but with the funding cut to fight right-wing extremism I imagine they are trying hard to keep their heads down so they don't get a deep state firing.

The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline SVPete

I did not know there was that much :stoner: in the world. Learn something every day, I suppose.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
I did not know there was that much :stoner: in the world. Learn something every day, I suppose.

Legalized weed is a contributing factor. And being the first of the month, free government checks ostensibly went out today.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender