Author Topic: NASA just ruined the Space X launch by going pro-Trump  (Read 555 times)

Offline dutch508

• Remember
NASA just ruined the Space X launch by going pro-Trump
« on: May 30, 2020, 06:25:17 PM »
Seasider (67 posts)
https://www.democraticunderground.com/100213509402

NASA just ruined the Space X launch by going pro-Trump
We finally have an event that seems to uniting Americans in celebration and then during NASA's live coverage, they interview NASA administrator Jim Bridenstine who starts kissing Tump's butt about NASA finally has an administration that supports which is a complete load of crap. The privatization of space flight is something that was set in motion several years ago. You can see his asinine comments toward of the end of the video.

waiting for 'NASA is full of NAZIs' posts

Fozzledick (3,684 posts)

1. My daughter used to work at NASA as a research assistant.

She told me that the senior researchers she worked for said that they only got to do real science when the Democrats were in power.

When the Republicans were in power all they were allowed to do was "tag" (get their names added as a contributor to someone else's research project).

:whatever:

BannonsLiver (8,587 posts)

4. It's all a bit of hullabaloo

As far I can tell the only thing truly revolutionary here is the recovery system for the first stage. Otherwise, it’s a rocket. Wake me up when we can take off from a runway and get into orbit without a rocket. That would be revolutionary.

Glad it worked out, glad we’re back and don’t need Putin’s Russia to get to ISS, but that’s about it.

Star Member lunatica (48,316 posts)

5. Ask me if I care.

The manned space flights have started again. Trump is a mere footnote with an asterisk. Maybe this will be the one and only thing he enabled that isn’t divisive, partisan, and just plain ugly.

Star Member 3catwoman3 (14,506 posts)

9. I was shouting at my television while that...ass-kisser was speaking. He was disgusting.

blugbox (769 posts)

14. It was a very awesome and historic event

But I turned it off immediately when they even mentioned trump. Way to ruin the moment NASA. Like that dumb **** had anything to do with this event...

I really hope they keep track of viewership numbers, and that there was a massive drop off as soon as trump was mentioned

Star Member RainCaster (4,731 posts)

16. I watched the SpaceX feed- no DFT there.

The Orange Space Maggot is not seen in the real feed from SpaceX.

"It's the only good thing our country's done this year" was my daughter's comment after lift off.

:yawn:
The torch of moral clarity since 12/18/07

2016 DOTY: 06 Omaha Steve - Is dying for ****'s face! How could you not vote for him, you heartless bastards!?!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Re: NASA just ruined the Space X launch by going pro-Trump
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2020, 07:11:39 PM »
Thanks to Trump we have allowed private industry to participate in the space race for the first time in the history of ANY nation!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2020, 07:27:28 PM »
Screw you DUmmies, especially with that 'Only got to do real science under Democrats.'  I remember when Obozo said manned programs were off the table and his NASA Director decided education about Islamic scientific achievements was the most important thing NASA could do.
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2020, 07:55:54 PM »
Preezy Shit Midas must be seething right now.

Obama thought he had halted USA manned space flights in 2011.

Screw you dog eating muzzie fagot... USA **** yes!!!
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 08:20:32 AM »
W'pedia could be clearer on government's role in SpaceX, but the funding appears to have been non-government until SpaceX started winning NASA contracts (for launches) in 2006.

At the least, Obama didn't shut down what Bush started, but then too, Trump didn't shut down what Obama continued during his 8 years. Allowing SpaceX to move on to launching humans pretty much is on Trump, given his 3+ years in office. And BTW, every astronaut launched by SpaceX is an astronaut not launched in a Russian Soyuz, i.e. $$ lost to Russia.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2020, 12:24:19 PM »
Screw you DUmmies, especially with that 'Only got to do real science under Democrats.'  I remember when Obozo said manned programs were off the table and his NASA Director decided education about Islamic scientific achievements was the most important thing NASA could do.

obozo killed the Space Shuttle program.  Single-handedly by EO.

He might have accidentally started the private sector to start independent space missions, but that was incidental and a result of capitalism which obozo hated with a passion (except of course, when it benefited him and spouse mike).
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.