Author Topic: Some thoughts on George Floyd’s death  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
Some thoughts on George Floyd’s death
« on: May 28, 2020, 08:02:59 AM »
I see the DUmmies, and some others, wonder why no one stepped out of the crowd to get that officer to remove his knee from George’s neck. They all stood there videoing rather than taking action to prevent a man from dying.

These are the same people who want to try to shame people for not wearing a mask ...

These are the people who are terrified of everything, and refuse to step up to anything.

Just my thoughts.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: Some thoughts on George Floyd’s death
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 08:17:59 AM »
... the DUmmies, and some others, wonder why no one stepped out of the crowd to get that officer to remove his knee from George’s neck.

Physically interfering with an officer making an arrest, no matter how wrongly the officer is going about it, would not end well for the one interfering. Based on what I "know", Floyd's death was manslaughter or murder, depending on MN's definitions of those crimes. But interfering with the officer simply would not have ended well.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Muddling 2

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 08:26:48 AM »
I think the officers are in a lot of trouble.  Floyd was prone and restrained; there were enough officers to place him in the vehicle for transport to the detention facility.
You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
Robert A. Heinlein

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 08:35:43 AM »
Physically interfering with an officer making an arrest, no matter how wrongly the officer is going about it, would not end well for the one interfering. Based on what I "know", Floyd's death was manslaughter or murder, depending on MN's definitions of those crimes. But interfering with the officer simply would not have ended well.

Oh, I absolutely agree it wouldn't have ended well, but if you could have created enough of a scene to simply get the officer to stand up you would have done something.

I say this because I have actually been in 2 incidents where I interfered with an officer.  I wasn't actually interfering, but it appeared that way at the time.  I've never been one to stand around when I see something that appears to be 'off'.

On the flip side of that, if I saw someone grappling with an officer I would absolutely step in to help.  I completely support our LEO's, but there are a few of them who simply should not be behind a badge and we all know it.  Unfortunately the few bad cops make the whole lot look bad to certain people.

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline thundley4

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 01:51:21 PM »
I think the officers are in a lot of trouble.  Floyd was prone and restrained; there were enough officers to place him in the vehicle for transport to the detention facility.

Once Floyd stopped moving and talking, the cop should have gotten off of him. He should never have had a knee on his neck either.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 05:53:08 PM »
Once Floyd stopped moving and talking, the cop should have gotten off of him. He should never have had a knee on his neck either.

That!  When there’s no struggle and the man is handcuffed, WHY continue to try to subdue?  It makes no sense.

KC

*Stolen

Offline ROCKURWORLD

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2020, 08:03:36 AM »

Offline Mary Ann

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2020, 09:56:51 AM »
One of the other THREE other officers who were at the scene should have done something. One of them did "say something," but it clearly wasn't enough.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2020, 10:19:03 AM »
Interesting take

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1Dc6wtptYs

Yeah, that’s pretty interesting. I have no idea where this is going to go. I heard a guy call Rush the other day and say he was a defense attorney. He brought out some really interesting points. He said the videos have a 10 minute gap and no one is talking about what happened. In the little portion this guy plays you can hear the crowd telling George to just get in the car and telling the cop to put him in the car to which the cop responds; we tried to get him in the car for 10 minutes.

People need to back up and wait for the evidence. I get tired of all the knee jerk reactions to these type of things.

And it does appear that people were trying to interfere which I was unaware of. I haven’t watched the video but probably need to.

KC

*Stolen

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2020, 12:57:52 PM »

George Floyd Autopsy States Underlying Health Conditions 'Likely Contributed to His Death: https://www.complex.com/life/2020/05/george-floyd-autopsy-underlying-health-conditions-likely-caused-death

(bolding added)
The preliminary results of George Floyd's autopsy suggest there were a number of factors that contributed to the 46-year-old's death. The report, conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner, states there were "no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation"; however, the combined effects of being pinned down by an officer as well as "his underlying health conditions and any potential intoxicants in his system likely contributed to his death."

OOOOpppsss!

Oh well.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an ax

Hello to the Baizuo lurkers from DU, DI, JPR and Huffpo

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2020, 12:59:05 PM »

Floyd did not die of strangulation nor asphyxiation.

DUmmies can no more understand the "Cave" than a rat can understand a thunderbolt, but they fear it just the same. Fear the "Cave", DUmmies. Fear it well. Big Dog 12-Jan-2015

Proud charter member of the Death Squad Hate Force! https://conservativecave.com/home/index.php?topic=112331.msg1386168#msg1386168

Ted Kennedy is the only person with an actual confirmed kill in the war on women.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 01:01:48 PM »
Something stinks about this whole mess. The cop was in the wrong for kneeling on his neck. Get that out.

Something is messed up though. The cop worked at the same club as George Floyd worked at and both worked security for the club. One inside, one outside and they weren't the only security/bouncers for the club.

Now, if the place is big enough to have multiple security, then I'm sure the security workers knew each other. That gives me a big: WTF!

Tinfoil hat time: What if the club is a front for counterfeiters, Derek Chauvin and Floyd were in on it. When Chauvin got the call for bogus bills and recognized Floyd, he knew he could be implicated.

Then again, Chauvin had something like 17 complaints filed against him, but even Klobuchar declined to prosecute him.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2020, 01:03:35 PM »
Floyd did not die of strangulation nor asphyxiation.

No, he was a victim of COVID-19.  I know what the ME said, but he also said that the cops actions helped to cause his death.

Offline freedumb2003b

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2020, 01:17:56 PM »
No, he was a victim of COVID-19.  I know what the ME said, but he also said that the cops actions helped to cause his death.

"Helped cause his death" is a LOOOOONG way from "killed."

Based on the ME, ANY restraining hold the cop would have used would have resulted in the same outcome.  This just looks bad. Wait until the cop counter sues for being fired and wins, which if this is the extent of the ME findings, he will.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2020, 01:37:18 PM »
"Helped cause his death" is a LOOOOONG way from "killed."

Based on the ME, ANY restraining hold the cop would have used would have resulted in the same outcome.  This just looks bad. Wait until the cop counter sues for being fired and wins, which if this is the extent of the ME findings, he will.

He held him down for a long time after he stopped moving and stopped talking. His actions showed an egregious disregard for the persons life. He isn't going to walk.