Author Topic: I have had COVID-19  (Read 720 times)

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
I have had COVID-19
« on: May 28, 2020, 05:37:51 AM »
https://democraticunderground.com/100213493259

gopiscrap (20,323 posts)

I have had COVID-19

Last edited Wed May 27, 2020, 07:19 PM - Edit history (1)

I have been meaning to write about this, but have been busy with other stuff. Also didn't want to write about it because I was still processing what the future maybe like internally.

Please take it seriously. I am one of the very lucky ones. I didn't have to be hospitalized and I am still kicking to tell about it. In early February, I got very, very sick. (At that time didn't know what it was) I would wake up with the sheets literally dripping wet from sweat, I would make towels wet from my nose dripping. I could hardly swallow, my body ached and I would have to wash the crust from my eyes, with a warm wet wash cloth each morning to be able to see. This went on for about 10 days. Since then I have had kidney and breathing problems.

I found out because in March others got sick and I went and got tested and was also tested for antigens (antibodies) and came back positive.

Because I sing, speak and teach all over the nation for my work, I use my voice (lung power). I now have a minimum of 18 months of voice rehab and also life long monitoring of my kidneys.

Like I said, take it very seriously!!! And like I said, I am one of the truly lucky ones...please take a moment to think of healing thoughts for those still recovering and also prayerful consoling wishes to those who have lost ones in whom they were in community with!

Thanks,

Mike C

Congratulations, Mike C!!  You are one of the "truly lucky ones!!"  You should play the lottery immediately.  You are one of the 99.7% of the population who will not DIE from this virus.

All kidding aside, how do you consider yourself one of the truly lucky ones when 99.7% of the population recovers.  Are they THAT bad at math?

Side note ... Didn't the bug guy used to be Mike C?

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline SVPete

Re: I have had COVID-19
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 06:24:39 AM »
gopiscrap (20,323 posts)
I found out because in March others got sick and I went and got tested and was also tested for antigens (antibodies) and came back positive.

I'm going to tentatively call :bs: on this :bouncy: for two reasons:

* gopiscrap is a hate-driven loony-toon;

* Anachronism - FDA issued Emergency Use Authorization for the first coronavirus antibody test, developed by Cellex: April 2, 2020, https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/04/02/fda-oks-first-coronavirus-blood-test-track-immunity-test-vaccines/5116281002/ .

That gopiscrap is a hate-driven loony-toon is obviously non-specific, but it is context for most-all of what (s)he posts on DU.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2020, 07:15:14 AM »
I'm going to tentatively call :bs: on this :bouncy: for two reasons:

* gopiscrap is a hate-driven loony-toon;

* Anachronism - FDA issued Emergency Use Authorization for the first coronavirus antibody test, developed by Cellex: April 2, 2020, https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2020/04/02/fda-oks-first-coronavirus-blood-test-track-immunity-test-vaccines/5116281002/ .

That gopiscrap is a hate-driven loony-toon is obviously non-specific, but it is context for most-all of what (s)he posts on DU.

Good catch!

KC
  Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

*Stolen

Offline Movie buff- The Sequel

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2020, 09:03:36 AM »
"One of the very lucky ones"?
The virus is only fatal for about 1.4% of the infected, and over 80% of the infected don't even require any special medical treatment!

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2020, 10:24:16 AM »
"One of the very lucky ones"?
The virus is only fatal for about 1.4% of the infected, and over 80% of the infected don't even require any special medical treatment!

The mortality rate I heard on the news the other day, now that we've had more testing and more cases to study, was 0.3%.  And we destroyed a booming economy over it.

KC

*Stolen

Offline jukin

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2020, 11:31:48 AM »
102,172 dead from CCP CV 19 Wuhan Flu.

340,000,000 million People in the USA (probably another 20 million illegal criminal invaders).

102,172/340,000,000 = 0.0003 * 100 (for a percentage) = .0301%

That is a 99.9699% survival rate.

DUmmy gopiscrap is not lucky with a 99.9699% survival rate.  gopiscrap is a stupid piece of shit though.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2020, 01:13:39 PM »
Side note ... Didn't the bug guy used to be Mike C?

There was a primitive, a professor of insect science, named "mikec;" I dunno what ever happened to him, although he surely must be in his mid-70s by now.

The"gopiscrap" primitive is morbidly obese at least 400 pounds, his flaccid stomach hanging out and down as if an apron; it's a miracle he survived at all.

I think the name "Mike C" is just a coincidence.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Texacon

• Super
  • All The Way!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2020, 01:31:36 PM »
There was a primitive, a professor of insect science, named "mikec;" I dunno what ever happened to him, although he surely must be in his mid-70s by now.

The"gopiscrap" primitive is morbidly obese at least 400 pounds, his flaccid stomach hanging out and down as if an apron; it's a miracle he survived at all.

I think the name "Mike C" is just a coincidence.

Thanks frank, I thought I remembered something along those lines.  Didn't know if this could be the same guy.

KC

*Stolen