Author Topic: historic primitive wants drive on Washington  (Read 1157 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
historic primitive wants drive on Washington
« on: March 13, 2008, 08:28:58 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3001542

The Civil War "historian" primitive, who wants to write a history of West Virginia during the Civil War, but apparently prefers to spend his time on Skins's island.

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:29 AM
Original message

You know, if a few million people went to Washington when Congress was in session

It never ceases to amaze me that when 'marches on Washington' take place - to the extent you could say that they even occur anymore - always take place when the President is out of the Country and the Congress is not in session. Imagine what a change might occur if somebody were home when we came to visit and even more so if were to actually show up in numbers worth mentioning.

The historic primitive lives in West Virginia, which is practically walking-distance from the national capitol.

The historic primitive has a great big huge gas-guzzling pick-up truck, and a Vanderbilt-class boat on the trailer behind it.  What's stopping the historic primitive from loading up the cab and the bed of the pick-up truck, and the yacht behind, with other primitives, and driving on Washington?

Virginia Dare  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 09:07 AM
Response to Original message

1. I remember when one guy on a tractor in the middle of the Tidal Basin..practically shut down the city for almost three days. It doesn't take much, really it doesn't.

Yeah, that was back when the Incompetent One (1977-1981) was president.

ThomWV  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 10:27 AM
Response to Reply #1

2. You may recall that a whole bunch of truckers did the same thing once, when fuel got expensive

I think diesel fuel had hit fifty cents a gallon and so in protest they shut down the roads in and our of DC by simply driving their trucks in line and very very slow.

You'd think they'd pull them up and park at $4.00.

hootinholler  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 11:50 AM
Response to Reply #2

3. Hell, they did that nationally in the '70s

They also cruised I70 through Pa at like 30MPH because the road bed was too rough and damaging trucks.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: historic primitive wants drive on Washington
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:41:44 PM »
History to them is like reality...they bend,shape and mold it to fit whatever they choose to believe at any given moment.  :banghead:

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:46:44 PM »
History to them is like reality...they bend,shape and mold it to fit whatever they choose to believe at any given moment.  :banghead:

Well, I think the primitives are betraying their ages again, remembering these events.

And on another thing, I'd love to see the historic primitive load up his pick-up truck and boat with other primitives, taking about 40 of them (depending upon their girth, of course) to Washington.

It'd be like those old newspaper photographs of fleeing refugees hanging out of windows, and sitting on top of roofs, of railway passenger cars.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline jukin

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 09:22:31 PM »
Remember when the WWI veterans marched on WDC................................mmmmmm good times, or not.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:09:06 PM »
Remember 1970 when the "hard hats" rioted in NYC and beat the shit out of a bunch of anti-war hippies? I long for those days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_Hat_Riot_%281970%29
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself