Author Topic: Oscar Wilde finds primitives not exactly elegant company  (Read 1070 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
Oscar Wilde finds primitives not exactly elegant company
« on: March 13, 2008, 03:13:16 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3002818

Oh my.

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 12:42 PM
Original message

If you want to stay sane, stay out of the GD-Primaries Forum

Last night I made the mistake of posting an opinion on the GD-Primaries forum. The topic of my post isn’t the issue here. The nature of the Primaries forum is. After my initial post, the thread turned into an ugly, venomous, hate-filled, troll-infested, free-for-all. (I never added a comment after my OP.)

I’ve scanned the Primary forum previously, so I was aware of the nature of what went on there. However, I was enough of an imbecile to believe I could put up a reasonable post which might lead to a rational discussion. After last night’s experience, I hereby pronounce myself a total asshole for believing anything I had to say would make a difference.

I will never again wonder what goes on in the minds of Kool-Aid drinkers. One hour of reading posts on the GD-Primary forum has enlightened me to the fact that political insanity is not limited to any single party.

At this moment, I fear for our party and our chances in the general election. And, if the GD-Primaries forum is any indication of what might be going on in the larger world outside of DU, I fear for the future of our country.

Yeah, if I was Oscar Wilde, I would worry about this.

While Messalina Agrippina and the Obamanation, and their supporters and detractors, are tearing the Democrat party apart, Rudy Giuliani's campaigning for John McCain in Pennsylvania today, and pretty soon Mitt Romney and Michael Huckabee will too.

I'm not saying all this bonhommie among we Republicans is going to last, but generally usually historically, it does.

If I were Oscar Wilde, I would worry; but not being Oscar Wilde, I'm just sitting back, relaxing, being mellow, and watching the bloodshed over there.

It's a large bonfire, burning like blazes, so only a few primitive comments:

Cant trust em  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 12:44 PM
Response to Original message

1. no GDP after 10 p.m. is my rule

I learned my lesson. I'm sure that I'll read something that will drive me up the wall and I'll spend the next two hours with my mind spinning rebuttals after I've shut my computer down.

JohnnyLib2  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 12:44 PM

2. Sorry to hear what is becoming a common reaction.

"Cyber-bullying" -- a growing force in our lives.

Justyce  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 12:48 PM
Response to Reply #2

5. That's exactly what it is. And the bullying needs to be stopped.

nadinbrzezinski  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 12:45 PM

3. I agree with you

I have added some posts trying to call attention to the idiocy and the fact that we may have already lost the election

The classic response is... GD-P is not the real world... thank goodness for that! 

They don't get it that they are playing (in an extreme way) into the media memes

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 01:15 PM
Response to Reply #3

15. I totally agree. And I also fear that people like this are playing with the future and viability of the Democratic Party.

I don't know whether to be saddened or outraged, but after last night, I'm both.

Usually, I don't get that worked up over anyone's posts, no matter how outrageous. However, the GD-P forum is a cesspool and I've been grinding my teeth about it all day.

kotsu (28 posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 03:00 PM

48. I honestly believe that I am watching the death of the Democratic party, at least as it pertains to having any difference from the Republican. I'm seeing two alternatives. One, there may be a fairly strong showing of the Obamalamadingdongs to snag the nomination but nowhere near enough to win the needed states in the general election resulting in yet another loss for the Democrats at the hands of Democrats nailing the lid on the coffin for our party. Two, Obama gets elected and we all see him do the incredible...make Bush look good. A great many Obama supporters have tended to ignore one obvious thing; the next president will have a tremendous mess to clean up. He might give the impression of a messiah, but people will quickly sour on his charisma once gas hits $5 gallon and the economy finally tailspins into a full blown depression.

And we will look back and kick ourselves for pissing away what may be our last chance.

My hope (to borrow a phrase) is that the survivors of this GOP takeover of the Democratic party, liberals, will be able to raise a long overdue third party out of the ashes.

...but it's going to be a difficult few years, for all of us.

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 03:16 PM
Response to Reply #48

50. Nice try, newbie. But this is not the GD-P thread. Go peddle your biases elsewhere.

On edit: I have just hit the Alert button. No one here has mentioned either of our candidates. That's not what this thread is about. Nor is it about using the name of one of our candidates in a condescending, insulting manner.

tachyon (162 posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 03:22 PM
Response to Reply #50

51. Yeah he's a newbie, and thus has no right to an opinion. Whereas you were born with a thousand posts, right?

kotsu (28 posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 03:37 PM
Response to Reply #50

54. Well...

I know that it's the trend here to shout down any opinion that doesn't toe the BO line. I guess I'll just put my faith that DU still adheres to the first word in it's name and advise you to learn to live with the thought that some people just don't like kool-ade. As for being a newbie....I suppose I don't write many posts but I have been around a while. This thread was about the primary. This is my 10th. How many have you voted in?

Cyrano  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 03:43 PM
Response to Reply #54

55. No one here has made any disparaging remarks about a candidates name. The fact that you saw fit to do so is a tremendous hint as to your intentions and your agenda.

I repeat. Go peddle whatever it is you're selling on GD-P.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

Re: Oscar Wilde finds primitives not exactly elegant company
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 03:36:46 PM »
DUmp Island is more fun than a battery operated tickle machine.   Every one of the silly little monkeys are bleeding paranoia from their eyeballs.  No one can be trusted.  What they thought was going to be the best political year of their lives is turning out to be the worst since 1972 (which was almost as bad as 1968).

The DUmpmonkeys are beginning to realize, though they are not yet ready to speak it out loud, that their chances of taking the White House is almost zero.  The nation isn't going to buy what they are selling. 

Of course, the democrat party is once again its own biggest problem.  They actually allowed their two frontrunner's to be Marie Antoinevita and Barak "George McGovern" Obama - a woman this nation despises on a grand scale and a black communist with wet stuff behind his humongous ears.  Wow.

Does it get any better than this?

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
Re: Oscar Wilde finds primitives not exactly elegant company
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »
DUmp Island is more fun than a battery operated tickle machine.   Every one of the silly little monkeys are bleeding paranoia from their eyeballs.  No one can be trusted.  What they thought was going to be the best political year of their lives is turning out to be the worst since 1972 (which was almost as bad as 1968).

The DUmpmonkeys are beginning to realize, though they are not yet ready to speak it out loud, that their chances of taking the White House is almost zero.  The nation isn't going to buy what they are selling. 

Of course, the democrat party is once again its own biggest problem.  They actually allowed their two frontrunner's to be Marie Antoinevita and Barak "George McGovern" Obama - a woman this nation despises on a grand scale and a black communist with wet stuff behind his humongous ears.  Wow.

Does it get any better than this?

Oh yea!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh BTW, thanks for reminding me to stop for batteries on the way home from work.
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄