Author Topic: 2nd arrest made in UNC murder. Sure-let's blame "guns", ....................  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
while scumbags like this ARE OUT ON PAROLE!

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3001506

jmg257  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:22 AM
Original message
2nd arrest made in UNC murder. Sure-let's blame "guns", while scumbags like this ARE OUT ON PAROLE!
 Advertisements [?]Edited on Thu Mar-13-08 08:25 AM by jmg257
"Lawrence Alvin Lovette Jr., 17, was arrested by Durham patrol and SWAT officers several hours after they surrounded a home where he was hiding, said Durham police Lt. Robert McLaughlin Jr. Authorities had received an anonymous tip that Lovette was in the house, McLaughlin said.

Lovette and Demario James Atwater, 21, of Durham, are both charged with first-degree murder in Eve Carson's death. The 22-year-old from Athens, Ga., was found lying on a street about a mile from the Chapel Hill campus on March 5. She had been shot several times, including once in the right temple.

State records indicate both suspects are currently on parole. Lovette was given a suspended sentenced in January for misdemeanor larceny and breaking and entering. Atwater was convicted of felony breaking and entering in 2005 and illegal possession of a firearm in 2007. He also received a suspended sentence."

http://my.att.net/s/editorial.dll?pnum=1&bfromind=7434&...

Reports concerning gun violence consistently show that "most offenders have serious criminal histories". So let's stop blaming inanimate objects for these despicable events, and keep those ****ers actually responsible - the God-damn criminals - where they belong, and OFF THE STREETS; otherwise, these tragedies will never go away.

Hell yeah

billbuckhead  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:24 AM
Response to Original message
1. But let's make sure they're as heavily armed as possible
 That's why the USA leads all advanced nations in murder and gun crime. 

Dumbass...........let this Primitive tell ya

jmg257  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:26 AM
Response to Reply #1
4. It is ILLEGAL for them to be armed. For some reason - they do not care!
 Edited on Thu Mar-13-08 08:28 AM by jmg257
It is also illegal to use a gun to commit a crime, and they DO NOT CARE. Probably because they are criminals! So let's MAKE SURE they don't have access to guns, or ANY OTHER dangerous instrument, by KEEPING THEM IN JAIL.

Oh that's gonna leave a mark..........not sure on who yet

elocs (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 08:35 AM
Response to Reply #1
9. "That's why the USA leads all advanced nations in murder and gun crime. "
 And we are proud as hell of that distinction. Yep, we need more guns. Any and everybody who can legally own a gun should be armed to the teeth and ready for a shootout at any time. It doesn't matter if it is churches or schools, we need more guns because you can never have too many guns. Let me say it again: GUNS, GUNS, GUNS...ooooh that feels good, almost an orgasmic moment.

Idjit

DrDan  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:25 AM
2. we are already keeping 1 out every 100 adults off the streets
 and yes . . . I will continue to blame guns. the NRA, and politicians who pander to the NRA and the gun industry at the expense of these victims . . .

Victims??? Victims??? Are you that ****ing stupid. They are criminals not victims...............****ing idjit

jmg257  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:29 AM
Response to Reply #2
6. So apprently 1/100 isn't enough. They are still murdering innocents, & even using guns to do so..

depakid (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 08:29 AM
Response to Reply #2
7. And attitudes like the OP's are yet another reason why this number will keep rising
 along with increasing frequency of mass shootings and campus murders.

:wtf2:

randr  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 08:26 AM
3. Everyone knows it is not the guns that kill people
 It is the lack of enforcible regulations on the purchase and distribution of guns that allow scum bags to get them.

:bird:

proud2Blib  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 08:28 AM
5. 17 years old
 How sad.

Sad.............a convicted ****ing felon, now charged with first degree murder for really no reason.............**** YOU ya stupid poo flinging piece of shit

IanDB1  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 08:34 AM
8. The Atwater family in Durham contributes money to Republicans 
 http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/search.asp?key=jux4n&...

I wonder how many other Atwaters live in Durham and don't give to politicians............you see dumbasses, politics don't rule most peoples life you ****wad.

DainBramaged  (1000+ posts)       Thu Mar-13-08 08:46 AM
10. Just make sure they have enough guns to kill each other

I have decided I will now click the big red X on those who think that the flood of guns in this country has nothing to do with crime.

:bird:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
I agree that 1 out of 100 people in jail is FAR FAR too many.  In fact if I had my way the number would be cut by about 90%.  Just start a speedy service electric chair section.
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline jukin

1+1=56
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Airwolf

Yep everywhere gun control has been tried its been a stunning success for the Dictaters and tyrants of the world ,which is just what the Democratic party wants to do. The number of victims of gun control and the people that implemented the very laws you assholes seek out strip those killed by leagally owned and used guns for any reason. Stalin and Hitler didn't get to where they were just because they rigged a few elections. they got in because those that opposed them were either shot or dragged off to camps. Care to guess what was the first thing in the world that would have stopped the deaths of millions and a world war from starting would be?
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
D__S  (1000+ posts)      Thu Mar-13-08 11:01 AM
Response to Reply #17
21. I'm devastated.
 Unfortunately, there are still many "braindamaged" deep thinkers in this world whose concept of reality is gleaned from watching old Star Trek episodes where the alien race exists in a peaceful crime free society. You know... one of those enlightened, blissful, conformist utopias where everyone wears natural fabrics, speaks in a prosaic monotone and Disney type woodland creatures mingle amongst the glassy eyed denizens... sort of like Berkley CA, except that alien world doesn't have rave parties or scrotal inflation rights advocates.

BWAHAHAHAH :rotf:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline PatriotGame

• Look at my BIG feet! Woof!
1+1=56

BULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT

In DUmmy ebonic math 1+1=shoe! ( :-))
           ►☼Liberals Are THE Root of ALL Evil!☼◄