Author Topic: "I agree with Ferraro"  (Read 3039 times)

Offline Lauri

"I agree with Ferraro"
« on: March 11, 2008, 09:59:08 PM »
GoldieAZ49  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Tue Mar-11-08 10:05 PM
Original message
I agree with Ferraro

I have never been a fan of Hillary's I do not support her, but I do agree with Ferraro.

The cry of racism is getting old. Keep calling Democrats that, especially leaders that have fought long and hard for equal rights and see what kind of support you get from them.

Ferraro responses:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLI0kOEFyfQ

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5029857

so, its ok to admit youre a racist now if youre a Dem?  :popcorn:

apparently so..

Bread and Circus 
Response to Original message
2. Seriously **** off.... but before you do....read this....Ferraro's racism is not new

Ferraro's long history of this crap
by kos
Tue Mar 11, 2008 at 06:12:07 PM PDT
Okay, I'm convinced. Geraldine Ferraro is a bona fide racist. April 15, 1988, Washington Post:

And former representative Geraldine A. Ferraro (D-N.Y.) said Wednesday that because of his "radical" views, "if Jesse Jackson were not black, he wouldn't be in the race."

Asked about this at a campaign stop in Buffalo, Jackson at first seemed ready to pounce fiercely on his critics. But then he stopped, took a breath, and said quietly, "Millions of Americans have a point of view different from" Ferraro's.

Discussing the same point in Washington, Jackson said, "We campaigned across the South . . . without a single catcall or boo. It was not until we got North to New York that we began to hear this from Koch, President Reagan and then Mrs. Ferraro . . . . Some people are making hysteria while I'm making history."

Offline Wretched Excess

• Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happy Hour
Re: "I agree with Ferraro"
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 10:01:05 PM »

"**** off . . . oh, wait a minute before you do . . . ok, NOW **** off"?

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2008, 10:04:01 PM »
yeah, there is a lot of that going on in the threads today... and good Lord, if Hilary becomes their nominee, I cannot imagine what will happen at DU .. there is a WHOLE lotta hate for her going on there.  :-)

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »
AX10  (1000+ posts)
12. STOP WITH THIS RACIST SHIT!

You damn liberal elites have been playing this card for the past fourty years!
Enough is enough!

they are having a bit of trouble keeping the lid on the insane asylum tonight..  :popcorn:

Offline Miss Mia

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
AX10  (1000+ posts)

Enough is enough!

they are having a bit of trouble keeping the lid on the insane asylum tonight..  :popcorn:

As I said in the thread on GD: P, I see mass tombstones in the future. 
Stink Eye
"Bloodninja: It doesn't get any more serious than a Rhinocerus about to charge your ass."

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 10:20:06 PM »
Dunno if this is kosher but I thought I would meld another DU thread along with this one. (same topic)

Poll question: Do you agree with Geraldine Ferraro's comments?http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5030533

Heaven and Earth  (1000+ posts)       Tue Mar-11-08 10:30 PM
Original message
Poll question: Do you agree with Geraldine Ferraro's comments?
 TIn an interview with the Breeze, Ferraro said, "If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color), he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept."

http://www.dailybreeze.com/ci_8533832

and

" 'Any time anybody does anything that in any way pulls this campaign down and says let's address reality and the problems we're facing in this world, you're accused of being racist, so you have to shut up,' Ferraro said. 'Racism works in two different directions. I really think they're attacking me because I'm white. How's that?'...

"Ferraro said she was simply stating an obvious truth, as seen in exit polls that show Obama taking as much as 80 percent of the black vote in the Democratic primaries.

" 'In all honesty, do you think that if he were a white male, there would be a reason for the black community to get excited for a historic first?' Ferraro said. 'Am I pointing out something that doesn't exist?' ...

"She also said she is familiar with Axelrod from his work for minority candidates in New York.

" 'He knows damn well that the best thing to do in a situation like this is to come back and hit with race,' Ferraro said, adding that the response is a sign that the Obama campaign is 'worried' about the first-term senator's lack of experience.
Ferraro said she was not trying to diminish Obama's candidacy, and acknowledged up front that she would not have been the vice presidential nominee in 1984 if she had been a man."

http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/03/11/75713...
Poll result (111 votes) 
I agree  (13 votes, 12%) Vote
I disagree  (98 votes, 88%) Vote

Kittycat  (1000+ posts)      Tue Mar-11-08 10:34 PM
1. I hope the people that agree either qualify it (which they can't)
 Or get tombstoned for being racists at a dem site, and clearly freepers.

Kurt_and_Hunter  (1000+ posts)     Tue Mar-11-08 11:05 PM
16. Her statements are inarguably true, but I do not support them as words of someone affiliated with a 
 campaign.

If you have a connection with a campaign there are a million true things you ought not say.

As Micheal Kinsley noted long ago, almost all gaffes are instances of politicians accidentally telling the truth.

But seriously... anyone who doesn't think her comments are literally true, as spoken, is demented.

And Hillary wouldn't have been the front-runner last year if she wasn't Bill Clinton's wife.

Duh!

uh oh... LOL

"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline miskie

• Mailman for the VRWC
  • Administrator
  • Make America Great Again. Deport some DUmmies.
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 10:22:37 PM »
This election is giving me entertainment value that Id be willing to pay for.  :popcorn:

And as they tear themselves apart, McCain continues to do pretty much nothing. Excellent.

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 10:33:53 PM »
AX10  (1000+ posts)

Enough is enough!

seems like someone called that one a few months ago. :wink:

Offline Lauri

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 10:39:24 PM »
If you have a connection with a campaign there are a million true things you ought not say.

the GOP ought to use that in a LOT of ads to attack the left ... damn, our ads are writing themselves over there!  :-)

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 10:57:58 PM »

the GOP ought to use that in a LOT of ads to attack the left ... damn, our ads are writing themselves over there!  :-)

blame proportional distribution, among other things.  it sometimes creates nothing but chaos.  one thing an electoral system should deliver is a definite candidate;  a clear winner.

the dems seem to have made every decision about their primaries this cycle with a perverse determination to destroy themselves.

Offline jukin

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »
Truth is still a complete defense.
When you are the beneficiary of someone’s kindness and generosity, it produces a sense of gratitude and community.

When you are the beneficiary of a policy that steals from someone and gives it to you in return for your vote, it produces a sense of entitlement and dependency.

Offline Crazy Horse

• Army 0 Navy 34
  • Topic Moderator
  • Sex, Booze and Bacon Minion
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 09:59:57 AM »

blame proportional distribution, among other things.  it sometimes creates nothing but chaos.  one thing an electoral system should deliver is a definite candidate;  a clear winner.

the dems seem to have made every decision about their primaries this cycle with a perverse determination to destroy themselves.

Yes..............but I think it's more of the Liberal mindset that their really can't be a winner and loser. If the Democrat primaries were winner take all like the Republican one.............the Dumbass canidate would have already been picked.

I really hope they don't see this......................cause I'm laughing my ass off  :lmao:
You got off your ass, now get your wife off her back.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »
I'm loving it! And Ferraro isn't backing down.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080312/pl_nm/usa_politics_ferraro_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Former vice presidential candidate Geraldine Ferraro on Wednesday stood by her comment that Democrat Barack Obama is only where he is because he is black and said the reaction by his campaign was dividing the party.

ADVERTISEMENT

"My comments have been taken so out of context and have been spun by the Obama campaign as racist that it's doing precisely what they don't want done -- it's going to the Democratic Party and dividing us even more," Ferraro said in an interview with ABC's "Good Morning America."

Ferraro, the Democratic vice presidential candidate in 1984 and the only woman ever nominated by a major party for either of the top two U.S. political offices, ignited a flap by telling a California newspaper that "if Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position."

"And if he was a woman he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept," Ferraro said.

Ferraro, who is supporting Hillary Clinton's campaign to become the Democratic nominee in November's presidential election, told ABC she believed that was true and that she was hurt by reaction by the Obama campaign that she said painted the comments as racist. She said she has fought against discrimination for 40 years.

"My concern has been over how I've been treated as well and hurt, absolutely hurt by how they have taken this thing and spun it to imply that in any way, any way I am racist," she said.

When asked about Ferraro's remarks, Obama said that being an "African American man named Barack Obama" was not the quickest path to becoming U.S. president.

"Anybody who knows the history of this country I think would not take too seriously the notion that this has been a huge advantage, but I don't think it's disadvantaged either," Obama said.

Obama, who would be the first black U.S. president, rode a wave of heavy black support to victory on Tuesday in a primary race in Mississippi and extended his lead over Clinton in pledged delegates to the August nominating convention. The Illinois senator also won on Saturday in Wyoming.

Clinton, who would be the first woman U.S. president, said on Tuesday she did not agree with the comments and called them "regrettable," but the Obama camp accused her of a double standard for refusing to rebuke Ferraro and remove her from her finance position with the campaign.

An Obama foreign policy adviser resigned last week after telling a British newspaper Clinton was "a monster."

I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 10:13:40 AM »
Conversely, would Hillary be a front-runner if she wasn't Bill's wife?
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »
^Ding ding ding!!!! Nope. She's running on the Mrs. platform. Which, ironically, flies in the face of the feminist agenda.

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Wretched Excess

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 01:29:07 PM »
^Ding ding ding!!!! Nope. She's running on the Mrs. platform. Which, ironically, flies in the face of the feminist agenda.

which contrasts with The BarackStar!'s platform;  since he is in favor of affirmative action, he is at least being philosophically consistent.

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SDHxaYhqAo[/youtube]
 :rotf:

Offline ReardenSteel

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:01:40 PM »
Love. Love that video. LOL  :-)

Poll update...

Poll question: Do you agree with Geraldine Ferraro's comments?
Poll result (169 votes) 
I agree  (22 votes, 13%) Vote
I disagree  (147 votes, 87%) Vote
"When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion - when you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing - when you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favors - when you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you - when you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice - you may know that your society is doomed."

- Ayn Rand
http://www.capmag.com/article.asp?ID=1826

Offline Airwolf

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 04:30:35 PM »
AX10  (1000+ posts)

Enough is enough!

Its ok they cam migrate over to NU. Plenty of libs to chat with there.
MOLON LABE

"Someday, when all your civilization and science are likewise swept away, your kind will pray for a man with a sword."-- Conan the Barbarian

Clint Eastwood - Because God wanted Chuck Norris to have nightmares.

"I am not a Number,I am a free man"

"He's my hero, you don't put away your heros, you honor them!"