Author Topic: Ava: "You people really scare me (and many others)"  (Read 8694 times)

Offline Lauri

Ava: "You people really scare me (and many others)"
« on: March 12, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
Ava 
Original message
You people really scare me (and many others)

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Wed Mar-12-08 11:08 AM by Ava
When I decided that I was a Democrat it was because I have compassion, consideration, and an urge to do what I can to help out those in need. The Democratic party seemed to fit that and after reading about FDR and the New Deal I decided that the Democratic party was the party for me. Now I'm able to vote in my first election and there are two outstanding nominees still standing in the race and still very close in the delegate count. I am extremely excited to be able to vote in such a historic election and one that I and so many people are passionate about.

However, there is a difference between passion and what I have seen exhibited on this section of the forum. People are willing to throw not only Democratic candidates under the bus and absolutely trash them, but even worse is that too many posters are willing to do the same to fellow posters here and supporters of the nominees. Is that Democratic?

I have heard people say too much on this forum that "Clinton is hurting the party" or "Obama is hurting the party" and then call for a candidate to get out of the race. All I have to say is that the candidates aren't the ones hurting the party, but the people that i described above are. First time voters like me who have considered themselves Democrats and supporters of one particular candidate of the party(or still unsure) are turning away from the party because of the hostility that is going on inside from the members, not the nominees.

So, while I still will vote for a Democratic nominee in the general election, you should be warned that a lot of young people like myself have either decided to vote third party or even worse not vote at all.

Just a rambling and hopefully a bit of a warning from a member of the country's youth.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5038637
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 01:02:51 PM by Lauri »

Offline Lauri

Re: Ava: "You people really scar me (and many others)"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 12:57:30 PM »
LSK 
9. Ava, may I point out a contradiction in your logic?

You say that the candidates are not the ones hurting the party. You say it is the posters. That may be true or may not be.

However a key distinction is that you are not voting for the posters on DU. You are voting for the candidates who you say are not hurting the party.

So it is illogical that you would vote third party.

Having said that, I can see you point of view and would advise not look at this forum and try to walk away from the election. Pay attention to Senate and Congressional races which are just as important. Did you know Dennis Hastert's seat was taken by a Dem last Saturday? There are other things going on.

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 01:01:53 PM »
The Democratic party seemed to fit that and after reading about FDR and the New Deal I decided that the Democratic party was the party for me.

Well, kid, if you like The New Deal, you need to join these folks:
http://www.slp.org/

When you don't have anything to lose it makes a lot of sense to tax those who work for a living.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline Lauri

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 01:02:29 PM »
and in rides Cali to pee all over Ava.. :-)

cali 
Response to Original message
51. What nonsense

You should learn that YOU don't speak for all young people. My 21 year old so and his friends are very enthusiastic. You clearly don't speak for these bright, educated young people, do you? Much better and far more honest to restrict yourself to speaking for yourself alone, and then adding something like "I don't think I'm the only one". Your OP is simply a threat. I don't like threats.

did cali mean to say "son" or "SO" as in, significant other?

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: Ava: "You people really scare me (and many others)"
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 01:08:02 PM »
I thought the mini porker was a DUmp hero?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline djones520

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2008, 01:10:11 PM »

Step outta line with the hive and they devour you.  You should know that by now.
"Chuck Norris once had sex in an 18 wheeler. Some of his semen dripped onto the engine. We now call that truck Optimus Prime."

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2008, 01:14:20 PM »

Step outta line with the hive and they devour you.  You should know that by now.

I know but she has enjoyed protected species status for quite a awhile now, the mood is pretty ugly at the Island....BWAHHHHHH!  :-)

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Rebel

• Stick a fork in us. We're done.
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2008, 01:17:49 PM »
cali
Response to Original message
51. What nonsense

You should learn that YOU don't speak for all young people. My 21 year old so and his friends are very enthusiastic. You clearly don't speak for these bright, educated young people, do you? Much better and far more honest to restrict yourself to speaking for yourself alone, and then adding something like "I don't think I'm the only one". Your OP is simply a threat. I don't like threats.

Yeah, weren't they fawning all over this little piglet a few years back about how "enlightened" she was to be so young?

The Democratics look at everyone as useful idiots. Once your use is up, or you start drifting away from their status quo, see Lieberman, Zell, or ANY black conservative, you're of no use to them.
NAMBLA is a left-wing organization.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2008, 01:18:40 PM »
I thought she was only 17. I wonder if she ever "graduated" from her homeschooling.....
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Chris_

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »

Stop, say what's that sound?  Everybody look what's goin' down.
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2008, 01:26:31 PM »
I thought she was only 17. I wonder if she ever "graduated" from her homeschooling.....

If she lives in California, that just stopped last week . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2008, 01:27:30 PM »

If she lives in California, that just stopped last week . . .

Alabamastan.

There's a reason why patriotism is considered a conservative value. Watch a Tea Party rally and you'll see people proudly raising the American flag and showing pride in U.S. heroes such as Thomas Jefferson. Watch an OWS rally and you'll see people burning the American flag while showing pride in communist heroes such as Che Guevera. --Bob, from some news site

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 02:46:16 PM »
The Ava primitive is 18 years old now.

We can make fun of her, being an adult.

I think the Ava primitive needs a chin-job; her mouth just sort of recedes into the top of her neck, no chin.

I never trusted people with no chin.
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 02:54:33 PM »

I think the Ava primitive needs a chin-job; her mouth just sort of recedes into the top of her neck, no chin.

"Close set beady eyes.  Weak chin.  Oh, he's a crook alright!"
-Lucy Ricardo

Offline TheSarge

• Platoon Sergeant
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 03:15:45 PM »
However, there is a difference between passion and what I have seen exhibited on this section of the forum. People are willing to throw not only Democratic candidates under the bus and absolutely trash them, but even worse is that too many posters are willing to do the same to fellow posters here and supporters of the nominees. Is that Democratic?

Welcome to reality.

It's not Democratic but it IS the modern Democrat Party.

And you are one of them you silly twit.

You claim shock at their actions yet don't seem to comprehend that your insepid little anti-war videos make you no better or different than the people you are taking to task.

You're one of those that you claim to not like.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 08:18:44 PM by TheSarge »
Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years.  The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If it walks like a donkey and brays like a donkey and smells like a donkey - it's Cold Warrior.  - PoliCon

Palin has run a state, a town and a commercial fishing operation. Obama ain't run nothin' but his mouth. - Mark Steyn

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 04:04:45 PM »
They scare the crap out of her, she scares the crap out of a box of Twinkies.  It's the circle of life.

:lmao:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 04:10:10 PM »

Hey I don't have a chin.... :bawl:

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:10:37 PM »
They scare the crap out of her, she scares the crap out of a box of Twinkies.  It's the circle of life.

:lmao:

Ava (1,000,000 Posts)
Original message

Oink oink oink.  Oink Oink.  Oink oink oink oink oink oink!  Oink!  Oink oink oink.

Oink.  Oink oink.

She sure told them!

Offline Chris_

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 05:19:50 PM »

I thought "chin" was Southern for "children..."

Offline Rebel

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 05:36:41 PM »

That's Ok. On a scale from 1-10, you go to 11.  :-)

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 05:39:00 PM »

On you, it looks good! 

(But I have never looked at a photo of you and noticed you don't have a chin)

Offline Chris_

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 05:51:27 PM »

On you, it looks good! 

I, OTOH, have looked at a photo of BEG and, indeed, she is wonderfully chinly.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 06:02:04 PM »

On you, it looks good! 

OK BEG we need some pictures in this thread so we can properly evaluate your "chinlyness".

I would suggest various photo angles and minimal clothing so we're not distracted by what you're wearing. :naughty:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2008, 06:03:52 PM by ScubaGuy »
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 06:12:16 PM »

On you, it looks good! 

OK BEG we need some pictures in this thread so we can properly evaluate your "chinlyness".

I would suggest various photo angles and minimal clothing so we're not distracted by what you're wearing. :naughty:

HERE HERE!  HARRUMPHH!!!

Offline BEG

• "Mile Marker"
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 07:44:17 PM »

On you, it looks good! 

Of course when I post pictures of myself I will NOT post the ones that make me look "chin-less".  Here are a few for you to look over.

Ok notice I appear to have some what of a chin in the above pictures but in the below picture you can see more what I see when I look at my chin.

My real issue with my chin is not from the front but from the side.  I HATE my profile.  No, I don't have a picture of my profile and even if I did I wouldn't post it.  Oh....and in all of my picture I am clothed.  :tongue: