Author Topic: Now we know why the Repukes fought the idea of reinstating the Fairness Doctrine  (Read 325 times)

Offline Freeper

• Creepy ass cracker.
NoodleyAppendage  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Sep-06-09 11:09 AM
Original message
Now we know why the Repukes fought the idea of reinstating the Fairness Doctrine.

The Repuke talking heads and political right knew that the next 4 years rested on their ability to kill any idea of reinstating the Fairness Doctrine. They succeeded, and now we are witness to why they were so vociferous in opposition. The lack of an equal coverage of counterpoint information on the health care bill has aided the Repukes in damaging any prospect of a bill and has crippled Obama.

Just imagine how differently this whole health care bill debate would be if equal time was provided to counter the corporate/mob misinformation?

REINSTATE THE FAIRNESS DOCTRINE. Otherwise, the current media modus operandi (and an effective one at that) will continue to allow Repuke mob rule. The biggest mistake of the Obama Administration, IMHO.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x6478201

Wahhh we are losing please regulate speech.  :whatever:
I may not lock my doors while sitting at a red light and a black man is near, but I sure as hell grab on tight to my wallet when any democrats are close by.