Author Topic: primitive eavesdrops in grocery store  (Read 2514 times)

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
primitive eavesdrops in grocery store
« on: May 16, 2018, 02:24:48 PM »
https://upload.democraticunderground.com/10181080333

Oh my.

Ohiogal (3,204 posts)     Wed May 16, 2018, 02:25 PM

Overheard in the grocery store today....

I was in the canned food aisle. An older couple shopping nearby. The woman says "Maybe we should by a couple of canned things for the food drive." The man replies, "I already feed the poor. It's called paying taxes."

:banghead:

CaliforniaPeggy (124,735 posts)    Wed May 16, 2018, 02:29 PM

1. UGH.

I second your emoticon.

Ohiogal (3,204 posts)      Wed May 16, 2018, 02:31 PM

3. These two surely don't practice

"Compassionate conservatism" ..... if there is such a thing.

Wellstone ruled (17,275 posts)      Wed May 16, 2018, 02:30 PM

2. Yup,got to love those Trump voters.

Stupid people have no clue!

Wellstone ruled (17,275 posts)      Wed May 16, 2018, 02:42 PM

10. This is from last Saturday.

History: Our Mail Carriers do a food drive a couple times a year. They have printed paper bags that are put in the Mail Boxes on a Monday with the coming Saturday as donation Pickup day. Our Mail Carrier is a hardcore Dem and last Saturday I met him at our Mail box. Bob has been on this Mail Route for six years and his comment was,you sure can tell were the Trump Voters live,zero donations,couple had put smart ass comments on the Paper Bag and put it back in the Mailbox. In our circle,only the new moveriners from Cali and Us were the only Contributors.

Bob has over two hundred mail stops in our part of the Community,looked like he had maybe a dozen donated bags.

Should not be surprised,our Community was the one that elected Michele Fiore to the Vegas City Council by 800 votes.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

^^^it looks like a leaping frog, but it actually signifies "bouncy."

LenaBaby61 (3,269 posts)      Wed May 16, 2018, 02:47 PM

11. They'll be part of that poor ...

The guy is mocking not if but WHEN their health insurance premiums, gasoline for their car, Food prices et all goes up unless they're part of that 1% who all of those tRumputin/GOP tax cuts for the rich is FOR. As of this week, everyone I know will be experiencing increases in our health insurance premiums. Some as early as June 2018, some of us in July 2018.
apres moi, le deluge

Online 67 Rover

Re: primitive eavesdrops in grocery store
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 02:43:07 PM »

I was in the canned food aisle. An older couple shopping nearby. The woman says "Maybe we should by a couple of canned things for the food drive." The man replies, "I already feed the poor. It's called paying taxes."

If only taxes were to "feed" the poor.  Here in Massachusetts my taxes go to paying to fill their gas tanks, make bail, ATM's on cruise ships and now to purchase legal MJ .  :mad:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member
Certified Law Enforcement Sig Armorer

Offline SVPete

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 02:54:09 PM »

Obvious HilLIARy voters, ::) . Seriously, without having looked at their ballots, on what basis can DUpipo "Ohiogal" claim to know (see below for a true :bouncy: )?

History: Our Mail Carriers do a food drive a couple times a year. They have printed paper bags that are put in the Mail Boxes on a Monday with the coming Saturday as donation Pickup day. Our Mail Carrier is a hardcore Dem and last Saturday I met him at our Mail box. Bob has been on this Mail Route for six years and his comment was,you sure can tell were the Trump Voters live,zero donations,couple had put smart ass comments on the Paper Bag and put it back in the Mailbox. In our circle,only the new moveriners from Cali and Us were the only Contributors.

Same question, on what basis does this mail carrier claim to know, other than his bigoted ASSumption of what conservatives are like.

True :bouncy: time: starting in 2014 I started doing two turkey trots a year, one on Thanksgiving Day, and one on the following Saturday. One organizer does races on both days, and it always has collection bins for the two counties' food banks (the venues are in Contra Costa and Alameda Counties). I buy food in advance for both, including what I purchase in a normal trip to the store.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:11:36 PM by SVPete »
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Houstonguy34

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 02:56:00 PM »
I love how they assume the people who don’t donate are not Liberals.  I actually know Liberals who do not give a crap about the poor, well they pretend to care.

Offline SVPete

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 03:06:44 PM »
I love how they assume the people who don’t donate are not Liberals.  I actually know Liberals who do not give a crap about the poor, well they pretend to care.

Here's a little glimpse of reality. Obviously, not all Southern Baptists are conservatives, but as a population they probably lean heavily rightward.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline thundley4

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2018, 03:10:41 PM »
Knowing the primitives are self righteous virtue signalling assholes, any food they put out for the letter carriers drive was crap that homeless people wouldn't even feed their dog.

We put a mix of canned vegetables that normal people eat, along with things kids would want to eat like Chef Boyardee products and various soups.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2018, 03:20:50 PM »
Give a man food and he becomes a dependent liberal

Let him go hungry and he will find a way to feed himself, and become a self sustaining productive member of society.

As 67Rover said, feed them and they want more.

What really pisses me off is we gice literally trillions in welfare from the government and who knows how much more from private institutions and when you got to the grocery store they want a donation. It is time to stop feeding the leeches and let nature take it's course.

I may sound mean, but my pity pocket is empty.
Life is tough and it’s even tougher when you’re stupid

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens

We need a Bull Shit tax to make the Democrats go broke!

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 03:36:49 PM »
Knowing the primitives are self righteous virtue signalling assholes, any food they put out for the letter carriers drive was crap that homeless people wouldn't even feed their dog.

We put a mix of canned vegetables that normal people eat, along with things kids would want to eat like Chef Boyardee products and various soups.

Creamed corn.  :puke:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »

Haven't done a recent search, but most studies find that conservatives overwhelmingly donate more to charity than do-gooder liberals.
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 03:46:50 PM »

This reminds me of the time a few years ago, when the Treasonous Bastard primitive was asked to cook something for a holiday for one of the shelters.

His action surprised me, because the Treasonous Bastard primitive, although a primitive, strikes one as one of the more decent primitives.

So he fixed a big pot of beans.  Nothing but beans boiled in water.  He was too tight to even shake a little salt into it.  Just beans and water.

Then he was surprised when the poor sneered at his magnanimity. 
apres moi, le deluge

Offline Maverick1987

• M o l o n L a b e
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 03:48:47 PM »
Those who pay attention to such things already know....

Bleeding Heart Tightwads

by Nicholas Kristof (DEC. 20, 2008)

This holiday season is a time to examine who’s been naughty and who’s been nice, but I’m unhappy with my findings. The problem is this: We liberals are personally stingy.

Liberals show tremendous compassion in pushing for generous government spending to help the neediest people at home and abroad. Yet when it comes to individual contributions to charitable causes, liberals are cheapskates.

Arthur Brooks, the author of a book on donors to charity, “Who Really Cares,” cites data that households headed by conservatives give 30 percent more to charity than households headed by liberals. A study by Google found an even greater disproportion: average annual contributions reported by conservatives were almost double those of liberals.

https://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html

So, generous liberals are overrepresented in that thread or DU is home to a bunch of lying liars     (psssst...it's not the first option)
Deplorable since 2016

Offline Ralph Wiggum

• It's unpossible that I'm a
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 05:16:18 PM »
Those who pay attention to such things already know....

So, generous liberals are overrepresented in that thread or DU is home to a bunch of lying liars     (psssst...it's not the first option)

Thanks for looking it up!    :cheersmate:
Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Offline landofconfusion80

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 08:35:40 PM »
Give a man food and he becomes a dependent liberal

Let him go hungry and he will find a way to feed himself, and become a self sustaining productive member of society.

As 67Rover said, feed them and they want more.

What really pisses me off is we gice literally trillions in welfare from the government and who knows how much more from private institutions and when you got to the grocery store they want a donation. It is time to stop feeding the leeches and let nature take it's course.

I may sound mean, but my pity pocket is empty.
Frustration from a nearby fire department: they have a toy drive thing every Christmas. People call after the deadline every year and upon finding out that it's ended, go on to ask when it will start next year. I guess improving ones station in life never occurs to these people.
One Who Grows (244 posts)
20. absolute bullshit. the cave is unspeakably vile.

I don't know how any of you can live with yourselves.

:)

Offline DUmpsterDiver

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 11:55:21 PM »
A hard rain will fall on those unwilling to make an effort to help themselves or others.  If you are hungry, I'll help feed you.
If you expect to be fed with no effort on your part, slaughter is in your future.

We may not know where life started, but we know it ends for all of us.

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »
A question that needs to be answered is who are these hungry people?  Last night on Tucker he was discussing illegals and estimates there are up to 30 million of them here. How many of them are we feeding and caring for? If it is 1 that is one to many.

There are tens of thousands of people living on the streets in this country, California is overloaded with them. They spend tons of money on the problem and never seem to have enough.
They only make it worse.

I think the solution is to stop the handouts and let nature take it's course. We will be a better country for it.

Basking in the glow of my white Privilege, while I water the Begonias with liberal tears!

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2018, 10:36:03 AM »
A question that needs to be answered is who are these hungry people?  Last night on Tucker he was discussing illegals and estimates there are up to 30 million of them here. How many of them are we feeding and caring for? If it is 1 that is one to many.

There are tens of thousands of people veterans living on the streets in this country, California is overloaded with them. They spend tons of money on the problem and never seem to have enough.
They only make it worse.

I think the solution is to stop the handouts and let nature take it's course. We will be a better country for it.

FIFY.
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline Old n Grumpy

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2018, 11:48:34 AM »
67Rover, don't even get me started on the way Veterans have been treated. They have shit on them since the Viet Nam war and have continued with the abuses by the VA.

Everyone involved in that mess should be waterboarded and shot. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2018, 11:54:22 AM »
67Rover, don't even get me started on the way Veterans have been treated. They have shit on them since the Viet Nam war and have continued with the abuses by the VA.

Everyone involved in that mess should be waterboarded and shot. :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Agreed Grump.  I was just pointing out that these are the first group of people that should be receiving any assistance.  :cheersmate:
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member

Offline FunkyZero

• ha ha, charade you are
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2018, 11:17:06 PM »

Bob has over two hundred mail stops in our part of the Community,looked like he had maybe a dozen donated bags.
Should not be surprised,our Community was the one that elected Michele Fiore to the Vegas City Council by 800 votes.

Charity must be both generous and anonymous, otherwise it's not charity, it's bragging rights. If you are telling people about it, as clearly shown here, it's for other reasons.

Offline Skul

• Sometimes I drink water just to surprise my liver
  • Chief of the cathouse
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2018, 08:40:19 AM »
Then-Chief Justice John Marshall observed, “Between a balanced republic and a democracy, the difference is like that between order and chaos.”

John Adams warned in a letter, “Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet, that did not commit suicide.”

Offline I_B_Perky

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2018, 08:31:38 PM »

I ****ing despise the VA.  :censored:   I think we should give the welfare and medicaid payments to the vets and send the moochers to the VA for their medical care.  Might actually kill a few of the moochers off.  Lord knows the VA tried multiple times to kill my dad... they might as put their incompetence to use and kill off some parasites.
Living in the Dummies minds rent free since 2009!

Montani Semper Liberi

Online 67 Rover

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 07:28:14 AM »
I ****ing despise the VA.  :censored:   I think we should give the welfare and medicaid payments to the vets and send the moochers to the VA for their medical care.  Might actually kill a few of the moochers off.  Lord knows the VA tried multiple times to kill my dad... they might as put their incompetence to use and kill off some parasites.

H5
NRA Benefactor member
G.O.A. Life member
G.O.A.L. Life member