Author Topic: Do your part to make this a fair and just world.  (Read 1373 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

Do your part to make this a fair and just world.
« on: April 20, 2008, 01:32:24 PM »

This has got to be a mole.  I can't wait to see if he gets any response.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3183633

fiziwig  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Sun Apr-20-08 01:57 PM
Original message
Do your part to make this a fair and just world.

Advertisements [?]
Edited on Sun Apr-20-08 02:02 PM by fiziwig
Americans amount to 5% of the world's population, but consume 25% of the world's resources. No matter how you spin it that means we Americans use five times more than our share of the resources. Since resource use is directly proportional to purchasing power, that implies we Americans have five times more than our fair share of purchasing power.

If we are ever going to see a fair and just world, a world without starvation and endless war, we all need to learn to be satisfied with our fair share, and nothing more. Do your part. Go to your employer tomorrow and demand an 80% salary cut. Anything less is admitting that you don't really care about fairness or justice. Anything less is telling the world that you don't have any moral qualms about exploiting the other 95% of the world for your personal benefit.

Show the world that you really DO care. Prove that you're not just an empty wind bag when it comes to equality and fairness. Demand that 80% salary cut now!

NOTE: (An acceptable alternative is to keep your salary, but give 80% of your income to a registered international charity organization.)

:popcorn:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline Carl

• Global Moderator
Re: Do your part to make this a fair and just world.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 01:35:38 PM »
 :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 01:36:07 PM »
Show the world that you really DO care. Prove that you're not just an empty wind bag when it comes to equality and fairness. Demand that 80% salary cut now!

You first.  :rotf:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 02:30:33 PM »
Wasn't Fiziwig the happy old capitalist from A Christmas Carol?

I don't know if there are any peer reviewed studies but it is my personal belief that  I cannot starve myself enough to feed the hungry.

Also, America gives back a lot to the world.  Also, not aware of any peer reviewed studies but it seems like we give back way more than we take.
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey

Offline franksolich

• Scourge of the Primitives
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 04:54:58 PM »
I brought this up during that time the primitives were insisting that those who support the war for the liberation of Iraq enlist and go over there.

A good idea, I thought, but one has to be fair about such things.

For more than 40 years, the United States has been engaged in an endless war, a quagmire, no light at the end of the tunnel, the war on poverty.

And the primitives of course support the war on poverty.

Well, I would find some ways and means of getting over to Iraq to fight for their freedom (which after all ensures my own freedom), if the primitives would enlist in the war on poverty.

Figures are very ambiguous and hazy and uncertain, but it appears the per-capita wealth, world-wide, is about circa $167 per person.

American figures would be higher, of course, but the primitives like to think of themselves as "global" citizens, so I'm using the global per-capita wealth, not the higher American one.

And so as to fight this war on poverty, every primitive should then sell off all that he owns in excess of $167--all of his automobiles, his real-estate, his electronic toys, the clothes in his closet, the furniture, the food in the cupboards, the pharmaceuticals liict and illicit, in excess of $167, and give that excess to the poor of the world.

Fair's fair.

apres moi, le deluge

Offline dandi

• Live long, and piss off liberals.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 05:11:44 PM »
Still no responses. Apparently the "crisis" of poverty and homelessness can take care of itself until the Eeevul Rich can be compelled by gubmint to take care of it themselves. :whatever:
I don't want...anybody else
When I think about me I touch myself

Offline Lord Undies

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 05:24:30 PM »
I'd be happy to see the DUmmies open up their extra floor space and spare keys to the "homeless". 

Offline Duke Nukum

• Assistant Chair of the Committee on Neighborhood Services
  • O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 05:33:12 PM »
I'd be happy to see the DUmmies open up their extra floor space and spare keys to the "homeless". 
Except, theoretically at least, aren't most of the DUmmies "the homeless?"
“A man who has been through bitter experiences and travelled far enjoys even his sufferings after a time”
― Homer, The Odyssey