Author Topic: Mirror Visualization for Psychic Protection  (Read 2442 times)

Offline ScubaGuy

Mirror Visualization for Psychic Protection
« on: April 18, 2008, 05:26:33 PM »
Yeah, I know taking threads from the astrology forum is like shooting fish in a barrel.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=245x68089

In your minds eye erect a mirror to the front of you. The reflective side should be pointing outwards. See the mirror completely hide you so it covers you from head to toe. Then erect and mirror to the back of you, again seeing the reflective side pointing outwards.
Now cover your sides with a mirror.
To complete the ‘box of Mirrors’ visualisation, imagine a mirror beneath your feet and one above your head.

You now need to make an affirmation to go with the visualisation. This will strengthen the visualisation. This affirmation can be some thing like ‘These mirrors are to protect me from any negative external influences, all positive energy is able to flow freely through these mirrors’.
If you like you can make up your own affirmation.

http://brynaherb.blogspot.com/2006/09/psychic-protectio...

Do you use this technique  when normal Reynolds Wrap isn't good enough?

Chovexani  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to view this author's profile  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Wed Apr-16-08 09:39 PM
Response to Original message
4. I would exercise caution when using this technique.

Edited on Wed Apr-16-08 09:43 PM by Chovexani
Actually, I would only use it as a last resort. You should always be very careful when reflecting energy back to its source (which is what mirror shielding does). There could be some unintended consequences from it. I would only use the mirror technique in instances where you very specifically want to bounce something back at someone.

I think the opaque bubble (where you visualize yourself encased in a semi see-through bubble) is less dangerous and just as effective.

:mental:

Shallah  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-17-08 12:53 PM
Response to Reply #4
5. I never felt right using a mirror shield myself. I perfer other methods

I keep trying new things so I don't always do the same thing for long. For a time I would imagine a layer of flame coating my aura that would consume anything harmful before it could pass through the shield to me. This way I didn't have to wonder if whomever in the area was emitting toxic vibes would take it as a challenge to have their trash flung back at them and redouble their emissions. Using the flame to consume and transmute the harmful energy also did not give back any response to the emitter so while they do get the relief of releasing some negativity they don't get the charge from connecting with my personal energy. Some toxic emitters also are what some call psi vamps meaning they drain people without permission and this will prevent that from happening. Other times I put a layer of royal purple to transmute harmful energies. For a time now I use a shield wrapped around my aura of layers of metal mesh. First a layer of silver and over that gold. I tried putting platinum over the gold but felt too zingy. I picture the mesh like a windowscreen made of precious metal that like the screen keeps unpleasant things out while letting fresh air and the like flow freely.

I know I hate it when someone drains my aura.  I wonder if I could just place a beach ball over my head?

Shallah  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-17-08 03:21 PM
Response to Reply #6
7. I call it my Ring of Fire and hear Johnny Cash singing in my head as I visulize it

It always helps me build a good mental image and as it reminds me of my Dad it makes me feel even more protected :)

I fell into a burning ring of fire
down, down down
and the flames get higher
it burns, burns burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire

:lmao:

Shallah  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-17-08 07:08 PM
Response to Reply #8
9. I agree in using what ever is most comfortable for each person

As an empath I was greatly effected by other's energies in the past. Migraine headaches, massive depression, formless but constant anxiety, and if I was around an angry person it was like standing in front of a sandblaster. Very few seem conscious of what they were doing and none seem to experience any repercussions for their toxic energy, not even the most willfully nasty. Not wanting to risk further entanglement, karmic or otherwise, I did not take the advice of those who suggested mirror shields or worse yet a mirror shield with the intention of sending back 3X worse. I wanted to purify the energy around me not just for my sake by for any other unknowing energy sensitives wondering why they went home each night feeling the misery of the world around them as if it was their own. I use fire to transmute, to transform and burn off the negative until it was pure positive energy. Kinda like the medieval alchemists seeking to turn lead into gold I use the flame to transform pain and sorrow into positive healing energy. Or think of how the lowly compost heap turns waste into black gold that will nourish the tastiest and healthiest of vegetables. Although these days I use the short cut of Reiki Cho Ku Rei which I find transmutes negativity wonderfully. I draw them on my aura and it automatically transforms bad vibes. I sketch them in the air to cleanse a room and on my hands before I channel Reiki so only the pure Reiki passes through me and no trace of myself clings. Also I put them on my hands before I wipe down someone's aura and I feel the crud breaking up like putting a drop of dish soap in a pan of greasy grimey water breaks up the gunk.

Yes children, this is your brain on drugs.
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline mamacags

• Smells like teen spirit
  • Little Miss Cranky Pants
Re: Mirror Visualization for Psychic Protection
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 05:44:41 PM »
WOW! :mental:
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill

Offline DixieBelle

• Administrator
  • Still looking for my pony.....
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 05:49:23 PM »
Oh my.

One of my family members is into "visualization, positive suggestions, affirmations, and vibrational healing techniques". She is also a Reiki master and certified massage therapist. She has a reputable background and the proper certifications.

Some of it is really, really out there but I also believe in the power of the mind and the body's ability to heal (well, in some instances). Which if you think about it, are really tied to believing in being self-sufficient and personal responsibility. I think those are very conservative principles and not really the domain of the liberals despite all of their healing white light nonsense. And I love to point this out to my relative because we're so politically opposite. :-)
I can see November 2 from my house!!!

Spread my work ethic, not my wealth.

Forget change, bring back common sense.
-------------------------------------------------

No, my friends, there’s only one really progressive idea. And that is the idea of legally limiting the power of the government. That one genuinely liberal, genuinely progressive idea — the Why in 1776, the How in 1787 — is what needs to be conserved. We need to conserve that fundamentally liberal idea. That is why we are conservatives. --Bill Whittle

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
Harry Potter?

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".

Offline Chris_

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2008, 06:27:02 PM »
Shallah  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-17-08 03:21 PM
Response to Reply #6
7. I call it my Ring of Fire and hear Johnny Cash singing in my head as I visulize it

It always helps me build a good mental image and as it reminds me of my Dad it makes me feel even more protected

I fell into a burning ring of fire
down, down down
and the flames get higher
it burns, burns burns
the ring of fire
the ring of fire

That spinning sound you hear is Johnny Cash.   :thatsright:
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline bijou

• Topic Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2008, 03:35:00 AM »
It's like the whole flower power era never ended. I do wonder  if it's just a small group of people who kept these ideas on from the hippy era or whether they make new converts as they go along.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 04:58:00 AM »
I thought that the 5.6.7.8's were passe . . . then, I see this and cue up "Woo Hoo" in my mind.

Another DU "Vonage Moment" . . .
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Splashdown

• Out of 9 lives, I spent 7
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2008, 06:55:26 AM »
These poor guys just keep searching and searching for meaning in their life. They're willing to try anything, as long as it's not Christianity.
Let nothing trouble you,
Let nothing frighten you. 
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience attains all that it strives for.
He who has God lacks nothing:
God alone suffices.
--St. Theresa of Avila

"No crushed ice; no peas." -- Undies

Offline DumbAss Tanker

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2008, 07:39:55 AM »
Shallah  Donating Member  (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author  Click to add this author to your buddy list  Click to add this author to your Ignore list      Thu Apr-17-08 03:21 PM
Response to Reply #6

I usually have a similar experience a day after eating anything with lots of jalapeno peppers in it.

:rotf:
Go and tell the Spartans, O traveler passing by
That here, obedient to their law, we lie.

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting at least twice.

Offline ScubaGuy

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2008, 08:20:04 AM »
Response to Reply #6

I usually have a similar experience a day after eating anything with lots of jalapeno peppers in it.

:lmao:
25 years ago we had Ronald Reagan, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have Obama, no hope and no cash.

Offline BlueStateSaint

• Here I come to save the day, because I'm a
  • RIP FDNY Lt. Rich Nappi d. 4/16/12
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 08:48:49 AM »
Response to Reply #6

Careful . . . there might be DUmpster denziens that might want to help you "alleviate" that . . .  :o
"Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"All you have to do is look straight and see the road, and when you see it, don't sit looking at it - walk!" -Ayn Rand

"Those that trust God with their safety must yet use proper means for their safety, otherwise they tempt Him, and do not trust Him.  God will provide, but so must we also." - Matthew Henry, Commentary on 2 Chronicles 32, from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible

"These anti-gun fools are more dangerous to liberty than street criminals or foreign spies."--Theodore Haas, Dachau Survivor

Chase her.
Chase her even when she's yours.
That's the only way you'll be assured to never lose her.

Offline Chris_

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 12:51:32 PM »
Actually, I would only use it as a last resort. You should always be very careful when reflecting energy back to its source (which is what mirror shielding does). There could be some unintended consequences from it. I would only use the mirror technique in instances where you very specifically want to bounce something back at someone.

You sorta wish you could ask this person "what kind of unintended consequences?"  "When have you done this and what were the consequences?" "How do you know you caused them?"
If you want to worship an orange pile of garbage with a reckless disregard for everything, get on down to Arbys & try our loaded curly fries.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 01:25:47 PM »

You sorta wish you could ask this person "what kind of unintended consequences?"  "When have you done this and what were the consequences?" "How do you know you caused them?"

Wiccans and Pagans have something akin to the Golden Rule that they follow called The Law Of Three or the Threefold Law.

Whatever you do in life be it for good or for ill is returned to you threefold.

And actually it's one of those things I try to keep in mind myself because on general principals Karma can be a bitch.

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...

Offline Chris_

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 01:41:24 PM »

Wiccans and Pagans have something akin to the Golden Rule that they follow called The Law Of Three or the Threefold Law.

And actually it's one of those things I try to keep in mind myself because on general principals Karma can be a bitch.

Well, I can't help but notice your H5 to BS ration is closer to 2:1 than the 3:1 the wiccans call for.

Offline asdf2231

• would like to cordially invite you to the pants party!
  • VRWC Arts And Crafts Director
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 02:06:13 PM »

Well, I can't help but notice your H5 to BS ration is closer to 2:1 than the 3:1 the wiccans call for.

I guess they may be wrong about the Magic Trees as well then but it's still not a bad rule as these things go. ;)

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for awhile.
Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life...