Author Topic: How far have we really come?  (Read 771 times)

Offline Toastedturningtidelegs

• Holy Crap! Look at my
  • OBAMA PHONE!
How far have we really come?
« on: April 18, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
My records 2 feet :-) Oh wait...
bean fidhleir (545 posts)     Fri Apr-18-08 10:20 AM
Original message
How far have we really come?
 SECTION 12. Section 36 of Chapter 272 of the General Laws of Massachusetts
Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.

SECTION 7. Section 21 of Chapter 272 of the General Laws
Except as provided in section twenty-one A, whoever sells, lends, gives away, exhibits, or offers to sell, lend or give away an instrument or other article intended to be used for self-abuse, or any drug, medicine, instrument or article whatever for the prevention of conception or for causing unlawful abortion, or advertises the same, or writes, prints, or causes to be written or printed a card, circular, book, pamphlet, advertisement or notice of any kind stating when, where, how, of whom or by what means such article can be purchased or obtained, or manufactures or makes any such article shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for not more than five years or in jail or the house of correction for not more than two and one half years or by a fine of not less than one hundred nor more than one thousand dollars.

SECTION 17. Section 66 of Chapter 272 of the General Laws
Persons wandering abroad and begging, or who go about from door to door or in public or private ways, areas to which the general public is invited, or in other public places for the purpose of begging or to receive alms, and who are not licensed or who do not come within the description of tramps as contained in section sixty-three, shall be deemed vagrants and may be punished by imprisonment for not more than six months in the house of correction.

How many other states have similar ugly or lunatic laws?

Alert | Hide Thread | Recommend (0 votes) Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

Lets see? Blaspheming God,Not having or supplying the instruments to kill a child and begging and or pan handling?......Something tells me 90 percent of DU would be ****ed! :-)http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x3175028
Call me "Asshole" One more time!

Offline Bondai

• Rode hard and put up wet too many times.
Re: How far have we really come?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 11:45:38 AM »
Seems that I remember that the LIBS are running Massachusetts....better tell Vast Teddy and John sKerry to get busy...... :mental: :mental:

"It's mercy, compassion, and forgiveness I lack; not rationality".